The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

It took me awhile to really like Roy. I knew he had crazy skills, but I didn't really really like him until after he lost to Tarver. He is an alltime great. If it wasn't for his chin and not seeing him against more quality opponents, most likely top 10. At this point Id rather watch nothing.

It was probably the first "happening" in history of art, that's why this fight between Cravan & Johnson is still remembered.

That's silly.

Bit of trivia, British Tommys on the Western Front used to nickname a certain type of German shell, Jack Johnsons, because of their black colour.

That's awesome.

Oi, don't take the piss out of Bruno! :lol: He used to be a rated character around your manor y'know, there's many a tale the people of South London area could tell you about young Franklin. Best mates with Cass Pennant, which gives you something of an idea of what type of lad he was coming up.

(Frank Bruno Voice)

Am from Battersea

Heh Heh Heh Heh

I used to rob people right there on Clapham Common

Heh Heh Heh Heh

Things were different back then

Heh Heh Heh Heh

Was a lot of skin heads back then

Heh Heh Heh Heh

I'm Frank Bruno

Heh Heh Heh Heh

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

You know he's not well, don't ya? Met him a while ago, had a bit of a chat and that, safe fella. Bit fond of the ol' Joop! scent but then we've all got our shortcomings eh? :lol: Felt so bad for him when he was telling about how his kids grassed him up to the mental health people. His own kids.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Float like an Ostrich baby! :lol:

Peter Furys advice is mustard, lean back he wont be able to deal with the height, when he comes in close rough him up...and its working like a charm. He's so big and so heavy handed though if he boxes its almost a let down cuz it can never look graceful and he jus has to flick his glove in a mans face and hes so big and tall and heavy handed its just like watching him slap someone around with one hand all night, when you're like that you have to commit for it to look like anything.

Hammer did as expected, alright test, I like how honest Fury was, if not a little offensive (as usual).

'He's a bum from Romania who can't speak English. Useless he looks to me. He's got two cross eyes and he looks like he should be in a disabled place, never mind in a boxing ring with Tyson Fury'' What the hell? :lol:

I watched Tyson vs Bruno the other week actually. Bruno was a capable fighter, insane power but his defense was piss poor and as I watch more of him his stamina didn't seem the greatest, he'd probably be a top contender today but the Klitschko's would've took him apart.

Roy Jones is fighting again too but I don't care enough to watch. Hope he don't get hurt.

Just saw a commercial on TV saying his warmup fight in preparation for the potential title shot was happening near me next week. Unfortunately, he's fighting an old journeyman and the card's website doesn't even list the fighters in the other nine fights (outside of one local boxer). Would like to see Jones, but not sure if a one minute KO vs. a very weak opponent and a card full of boxers who the promoter didn't even bother to list online is worth the price they're charging. Don't know--may cave in on the cheapest ticket, even though it's overpriced, but the fact that there's still front row seats available less than a week before the fight should tell the promoters something about the pricing...

Roy Jones is fighting again too but I don't care enough to watch. Hope he don't get hurt.

Just saw a commercial on TV saying his warmup fight in preparation for the potential title shot was happening near me next week. Unfortunately, he's fighting an old journeyman and the card's website doesn't even list the fighters in the other nine fights (outside of one local boxer). Would like to see Jones, but not sure if a one minute KO vs. a very weak opponent and a card full of boxers who the promoter didn't even bother to list online is worth the price they're charging. Don't know--may cave in on the cheapest ticket, even though it's overpriced, but the fact that there's still front row seats available less than a week before the fight should tell the promoters something about the pricing...

Nice, sounds like a good night out though. 9 fights, plus a legend, If go for it. I was reading Marco Huck would give Jones a shot at his title. That's just bad news to me, Huck is one of those fighters who nobody wants to fight. The Mattysse v Provo fight is like 2 hours from me, near the BHoF too, my car took a dump so I'm out for that one.

I was just watching Hearns v Duran again. Tommy Hearns has some of the fastest hands, unbelievable.

• Like 1