The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

I thought Leonard won that match by a wide margin. He boxed him. Denied Hagler his fight. Won the points, boxing intelligently, and even showboated. Leonard vs Hearns II is a different story - now Hearns won that match; the commentators, the journalists, the fans, everybody saw it UD Hearns.

What is Mayweather's problem? Seriously.

Manny Paq agreed to a 60-40 split. Manny agreed to the drug testing.

Why is Floyd so opposed to making the fight of the decade?

A true champion runs from nobody.

If Floyd really wanted to be the GOAT for his weight, he would have fought Manny years ago. Or two years ago. Or last year. Or this year. He wouldn't continually be coming up with excuses to not participate in the fight the entire world wants to see.

Homosexuality.

Power game bullshit and an unhealthy obssession with making people look small in comparison to him. Degrading people and making them look foolish, making them clamour after him and hang on him to make a desicion. It just so happens he does it the most with Governor Emmanuel because he's the biggest threat to him, on every level, in terms of popularity, legacy, the real actual threat of getting his arse handed to him (which i don't think he will), all these things put together.

There was something in the paper today about Froch fighting in Nottingham if that is any interest to you? He is relinquishing his IBF to do it. Typical sanctioning body bollocks.

PS

Watch the opening presentations here. Hilarious. This is why I love this division, the personalities,

Edited by DieselDaisy

Homosexuality.

Power game bullshit and an unhealthy obssession with making people look small in comparison to him. Degrading people and making them look foolish, making them clamour after him and hang on him to make a desicion. It just so happens he does it the most with Governor Emmanuel because he's the biggest threat to him, on every level, in terms of popularity, legacy, the real actual threat of getting his arse handed to him (which i don't think he will), all these things put together.

Word is that it's HBO that's the holdup. They don't need Pac-Floyd this year the way CBS/Showtime does.

I dont buy that they'd hold it up, its all money for them. And you know what, Floyds gonna learn a lesson or two about why you dont fuck with big corporate entities if he's not careful, they've had to come out and make a statement that they aint holding nothing up, which means some feathers have been ruffled over at HBO, Floyd thinks hes gonna be a big businessman when he quits boxing, these are not the people to be pissing off if you are cuz they have the clout and the inclination to blow you out of the water.

When he's not Mr Pound for Pound and the cheques slow down and the bevy of hoes and Bugatti Verons become hard to sustain these are the people with whom good relations are gonna make the difference between success and a one way ticket to bums row. These are not people who forget. Its one thing going on 24/7 and slagging them off but actually making them look bad or unscrupulous in public like that? Bad move.

HBO putting out a statement that they're not holding it up is the biggest sign they're holding it up. HBO would *like* it this year, but it does CBS/Showtime much more good. HBO know this, and want the terms to reflect that.

Either way, it's not Floyd ducking Manny. It's among the corporate heads.

HBO putting out a statement that they're not holding it up is the biggest sign they're holding it up. HBO would *like* it this year, but it does CBS/Showtime much more good. HBO know this, and want the terms to reflect that.

Y'think so? Hey, you might be right for all i know, i just read shit off the internet and hear what people say. Just seems to me to be odd that, if that were the case, why would Floyd be banging on about Arum and why would Mannys end be banging on about Floyd not signing?

As far as this being a sign of Floyd not ducking, look at the previous six years, Floyds only been with Showtime for what, two years?

Edited by Len B'stard

I'm guessing it's probably a combination of people stalling this yet again--the usual suspects of Mayweather and Arum, plus the networks now, since it has apparently [finally] progressed far enough for them to get involved as well. Who knows what happens at this point, given how drastically the likelihood of it happening has drifted back and forth. Though, I'm preparing myself for the Mayweather-Cotto and Pacquiao-Khan announcements in a week or so at this point.

They might even be a better couple of fights. I mean dont get me wrong i wanna see the fight but if not, hey, i'll grab Khan and Pacqiiauo with both hands, his most interest match up since JMM. And Mayweather Cotto is the most competitive fight Mayweather had in ages, bloodied his nose if you recall, as well as heralding the return of defensive minded Dad back to Floyds corner.

I want the fight but if this is just all breeze then those are a good couple of match ups, Mathyssee Provdnikov i been hearing? Danny Garcias gone full bitch now so we'll ignore his little touching contest with Lamont Peterson, GGGs got an interesting match coming, Deontay Wilders got a title, Thurmans got a good fight coming, i dont think the fights gonna be a fuckin stunner anyway.

They might even be a better couple of fights. I mean dont get me wrong i wanna see the fight but if not, hey, i'll grab Khan and Pacqiiauo with both hands, his most interest match up since JMM. And Mayweather Cotto is the most competitive fight Mayweather had in ages, bloodied his nose if you recall, as well as heralding the return of defensive minded Dad back to Floyds corner.

I want the fight but if this is just all breeze then those are a good couple of match ups, Mathyssee Provdnikov i been hearing? Danny Garcias gone full bitch now so we'll ignore his little touching contest with Lamont Peterson, GGGs got an interesting match coming, Deontay Wilders got a title, Thurmans got a good fight coming, i dont think the fights gonna be a fuckin stunner anyway.

Definitely agree, there's a bunch of good fights coming up, and Pacquiao-Khan would definitely be another one. Mayweather-Cotto was good the first time, but with his dad back, I doubt it'll be as interesting. Think it would be similar to the Maidana rematch. Mayweather is too smart of a fighter, especially defensively, that he'll just be able to make the proper adjustments from the first time around and outbox Cotto, rather easily in my opinion. Pretty much what he does every fight after the first few rounds, only this time he has a full 12 rounds of familiarity to work off of, like the Maidana rematch. Yeah, no way Mayweather-Pacquiao would live up to the hype, but the hype itself could be a lot of fun to watch in the lead up to the fight. But, like you said, a lot of great fights to look forward to either way. Would like to add the Mayweather-Pacquiao buildup and fight to those though.

If a fighter ducks another big fighter, or is seen as ducking another big fighter, it will always be a stain on their record. People will always go, ''so and so was a great fighter'', and get in reply, ''yes but he ducked so and so''. The great fighter are considered great because they clean out their respective divisions. Look at Lewis. Despite being 'undisputed', he still had a thing to prove to people until he defeated Tyson.

If a fighter ducks another big fighter, or is seen as ducking another big fighter, it will always be a stain on their record. People will always go, ''so and so was a great fighter'', and get in reply, ''yes but he ducked so and so''. The great fighter are considered great because they clean out their respective divisions. Look at Lewis. Despite being 'undisputed', he still had a thing to prove to people until he defeated Tyson.

Then again, there's not a fighter on this planet that doesn't have a certain degree of people who don't rate him and slag him off, no matter how great they are. Like Sugar Ray Leonard, believe it or not there are those who consider him a total fraud.

Then again, there's not a fighter on this planet that doesn't have a certain degree of people who don't rate him and slag him off, no matter how great they are. Like Sugar Ray Leonard, believe it or not there are those who consider him a total fraud.

Oh I know, something about manipulating the weight classes. You probably have to go back to good ole' Joe Louis to find a boxer who was universally liked.

''BOTH networks have told me in the past half hour that, no, they DO NOT have #MayweatherPacquiao broadcast deal, regardless of Arum comments.''

ESPN's Dan Rafael, probably the most accurate conveyor of information on boxing.

Floyd even uploaded a pic of him and Pacman in a hotel room chatting, Floyd's trying but Pac's ancient power trip promoter (controller) old Bob Arum continues to want a slice of the pie or to try to build up more of his dying Top Rank stable by feeding them to Pacquiao before letting May vs Pac take place in 2020.

Pic of the hotel meeting, if only we could be flies on the wall.

924620_707161362734775_442438371_n.jpg

Edited by RandallFlagg

No one knows what the hell is going through Arum's head, I know Pacman was an absolute joke to resign with the guy... I'd say at least Floyd's got alternatives but Cotto is the only wildcard, Pac can fight Khan and Brook too. They're both way overdue to take eachother on, the cash has been milked against those who didn't have a chance in the ring against them, they've beaten the contenders... no one is left except Amir Khan and he can wait.

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12040/9700364/boxing-wladimir-klitschko-targets-deontay-wilder-after-bryant-jennings

DEONTAY, DEONTAY, DEONTAY!!! :D

''BOTH networks have told me in the past half hour that, no, they DO NOT have #MayweatherPacquiao broadcast deal, regardless of Arum comments.''

ESPN's Dan Rafael, probably the most accurate conveyor of information on boxing.

Floyd even uploaded a pic of him and Pacman in a hotel room chatting, Floyd's trying but Pac's ancient power trip promoter (controller) old Bob Arum continues to want a slice of the pie or to try to build up more of his dying Top Rank stable by feeding them to Pacquiao before letting May vs Pac take place in 2020.

Pic of the hotel meeting, if only we could be flies on the wall.

924620_707161362734775_442438371_n.jpg

I want that jacket.

Y'think so? Hey, you might be right for all i know, i just read shit off the internet and hear what people say. Just seems to me to be odd that, if that were the case, why would Floyd be banging on about Arum and why would Mannys end be banging on about Floyd not signing?

Ultimately, they're just pawns at this stage. I'm sure both Arum and Floyd are angling for things here an there, but it's mostly theatrics as they've pretty much agreed on the broad strokes. The ones that haven't are the networks. Kevin Iole did a nice bit here: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/hbo-sports---we-are-not-an-impediment--to-a-mayweather-pacquiao-fight-223904646.html

As far as this being a sign of Floyd not ducking, look at the previous six years, Floyds only been with Showtime for what, two years?

Permit me to rephrase: *This* time it's not Floyd ducking Manny. :)

I wonder what the hell they were saying to eachother though, they can be within two feet of one another but not in the same ring, it's batshit. Manny obviously wants the fight, he's took on Barrera, Margarito, Marquez his kryptonite x 4, Morales THREE times, Cotto, De La Hoya... Floyd's taken on Corrales, Castillo twice, De La Hoya, Canelo, Cotto, Maidana twice, Marquez after 18 month lay off, undefeated Hatton... and these are just the later stages of their respective career feats, they obviously fear no man short of Gennady Golovkin, though Floyd claims he's the best ever so he can make that weight if he wanted lol.

It's the absurd ego and delusion of Mayweather, his blood test demands were fair but his obsession with PPV numbers and money cuts are ridiculous, esp. before the Marquez KO. He's obviously retracted his Pacquiao must sign with Mayweather Promotions for two fights before I fight him schtick. The fact is Floyd wants the fight now, the networks have miles of contracts to sift through between them but Lewis-Tyson got air on both networks. Bob Arum that old stick in the mud just will not relinquish control, he needs to take a couple steps back, Pacquiao fighting Vargas won't sell 150,000, you have NO ONE LEFT YOU BASTARD so let the fight happen, if Pac loses, he loses to an all time great wizard of technique, if he wins, he wins, there's no one left to milk your deteriorating stable with. He was a complete short sighted idiot to resign with him.