The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

You will have to ask him that. He claimed it wasn't his 'stump' of course.

Botham and Warne were both directly in front of me commenting for Sky at the Ashes 2013. They were all blokes in my aisle, barmy army, so they were not going to jump in and start having sex with any random females.

Mayfield!

Day of the fight and I still don't understand who Porter is facing. :lol:

Mayfield tweeted himself that he agreed to the offer to replace Garcia, but then Bone apparently weighed in this morning. Sounds like they're setting up for a three-way fight--last one standing in the ring is the winner.

Heres the fight schedule for the next few weekshttp://www.premierboxingchampions.com/boxing-schedule

Porter v Garcia should be a blast.

Berto v Lopez is a nice matchup but Im looking forward moreso to the other fight next week

Porter v Garcia head 2 headhttp://www.premierboxingchampions.com/porter-vs-garcia

Unfortunately, just saw Garcia has been scratched. Apparently four pounds overweight and didn't show up at the weigh-in. Have seen varying reports on who will replace him against Porter--either Karim Mayfield or Erick Bone. Not sure which one--have seen reporters/sites officially claim each one as the replacement.
This aggravates me on so many different levels.....4 pounds....what the hell has he been doing for the last 7~8 weeks. I also hope Al cuts him for fuckin up the card. Just read it was more than 4 pounds. What an ass.

Looks like its Bone v Porter. Dude is 16~8.. Oops hes 16 n 1 w 8 kos.

Really sucks for Porter. I been waiting for him to make the jump back up in class. Now watch him go get lit up by what's hisname.

This kid Bone is in trouble. I gotta bad feeling about this. He looks totally out matched...

I just flipped a coin. Berto by KO round 9...

Sooner or later Floyd will turn heel and say something that makes news, about Manny. Thing is, its all been said, its been five years of talk, now shut up and fight..

Anyone hear about the secret sparring partner Manny has brought in?

Edited by T.wa.T

Boné did better then I thought. He was out matched but held his own at some points. Sucks he hurt his knee, I felt bad for him. A good experience for him though.

Porter looked a little wild at times but fought a decent fight. Porter v Thurman would be decent.

Also, Im lovin that they have Tommy Hearns up there doing some commenting.

Overall, I think this broadcast is better then last week. Antonio Tarver has been doing a good job to.

I'm quite disturbed Pacquiao is saying he'll 'easily land on him, easily beat him, easily make him feel power' etc, I am not sure he believes it and is winding him up but freddie has been realistic but confident as you'd expect. He said he's had this plan for five years and only altered it slightly due to them both aging. Pacquiao might not be scared of any punishment coming from Mayweather but he punches hard enough, Maidana and Mosley said he has respectable power, whilst any fighter can get KO'd and Mayweather is a master of the squared circle, his knock out history for a decade is fucking pathetic to be honest but he stopped Canelo in his tracks and walked Mosley and Cotto down at points so he's no slouch.

Pacquiao has gotta be realistic too and focus on a decision by outworking Floyd, his minimal punch output will not get him a win against a guy as elite as Pacquiao, fucking Maidana drew with him imo in the first fight so I hope SR got a gameplan rather than 'What's Pacquiao gonna bring? He gonna bring his ass to the ring and get it whooped' Floyd shits boxing and prepared like hell for even Guerrero so Pacquiao will need the perfect fight alright.

Well we can't hold the Canelo fight against him cause he was two weight classes removed and Canelo is a vicious puncher for stationary targets, I didn't see this one but I read it was a premature stoppage and it is a Haymon card. From what I've seen of Lopez he's a tough fucker and Berto never seemed a lethal one puncher but he can crack.

• Like 1

His glittering England career was often overshadowed by rumours of boozing (admitted), smoking cannabis (denied, but later admitted) and womanising (vehemently denied).

In 1986 ex-model and former Miss Barbados Lindy Field claimed to have enjoyed sex and cocaine with Botham during England's tour of the West Indies.

Their trysts were allegedly so passionate, they broke a bed. Ian Botham began to sue for libel, but later dropped the case.

I'm quite disturbed Pacquiao is saying he'll 'easily land on him, easily beat him, easily make him feel power' etc, I am not sure he believes it and is winding him up but freddie has been realistic but confident as you'd expect. He said he's had this plan for five years and only altered it slightly due to them both aging. Pacquiao might not be scared of any punishment coming from Mayweather but he punches hard enough, Maidana and Mosley said he has respectable power, whilst any fighter can get KO'd and Mayweather is a master of the squared circle, his knock out history for a decade is fucking pathetic to be honest but he stopped Canelo in his tracks and walked Mosley and Cotto down at points so he's no slouch.

Pacquiao has gotta be realistic too and focus on a decision by outworking Floyd, his minimal punch output will not get him a win against a guy as elite as Pacquiao, fucking Maidana drew with him imo in the first fight so I hope SR got a gameplan rather than 'What's Pacquiao gonna bring? He gonna bring his ass to the ring and get it whooped' Floyd shits boxing and prepared like hell for even Guerrero so Pacquiao will need the perfect fight alright.

Floyd doesn't punch necessarily hard but because he's so precise and so accurate and so clean a puncher you feel the full force every time. With a GGG type fella you can clip people and drop em and when you hit em clean you put em flat out but Floyd will hit you clean and accurate and, most important, impeccably timed. The time that a punch hits you is of great importance too. Those things increase impact exponentially so, y'know, Floyds knockout ratio is what it is but he gets the very most out of what he's got. If GGG had Floyds accuracy, timing and clean hitting abilities there would be fucking murders.

There are few sights more prodigious to observe, more aesthetically pleasing than watching Sonny Liston pound men through the fucking floor.

He is the archetypal unrepentant fighter, with the prison background, mob connection and premature controversial demise.

There are few sights more prodigious to observe, more aesthetically pleasing than watching Sonny Liston pound men through the fucking floor.

He is the archetypal unrepentant fighter, with the prison background, mob connection and premature controversial demise.

And most worryingly, unlike your Tysons, Foremans and Shaverses, no discernible emotion. He really is about the most fearsome boxing I've ever seen.

Reg Gutteridge took him to a pub once and said that he apparently just began to drink and pick on people in the pub for a laugh, slapping em about and that. A deeply unpleasant gentleman. You can see why i like him :lol:

His wife obviously says there was a very different Sonny Liston, that the world didn't know. He wanted to be respected as a champion but was universally hated (until, ironically, he fought Clay) because of the mob/criminal connection and because he knocked out beloved Floyd Patterson who was seen as the heir to Joe Louis, i.e. the 'good negro'. So I think Liston sort of found it easier to fall back on the role of, archetype negro criminal boxer (in race divisive America, as it was then). He knew he was not going to go down the civil rights/black empowerment route as he was too illiterate - and he was still controlled by the (white) mafia. He just thought, 'fuck it, I will be that role then. I am 90% that role anyway''.

He is an interesting person. He is life is so shadowy that nobody seems to know when he was born! His back ground seems to have been, the Colour Purple background (like Smokin Joe), cotton fields. Ten kids in a shack.

So Roach calls him a bad role model and, in an effort to prove himself a good honest salt of the earth type character he posts a vid of him, uh, chopping wood :lol:

In other news GGG's next victi, uh, opponent is lined up and ready, Willie Monroe Jnr. Don't hang about, does he?

So Roach calls him a bad role model and, in an effort to prove himself a good honest salt of the earth type character he posts a vid of him, uh, chopping wood :lol:

In other news GGG's next victi, uh, opponent is lined up and ready, Willie Monroe Jnr. Don't hang about, does he?

I don't know why and it's almost certainly misplaced but for some reason I always feel a bit sorry for mayweather. Like he knows hes not really that liked somehow. I remember seeing a youtube video of him driving to a McDonald's drive thru after a fight in the middle of the night which had a melancholy feel to it.

Y'know what, i get the exact same thing. Even in documentaries and such. 30 Days in May is like a fly on the wall documentary made following him and it's SOO grim. Fair dues, it's based around the 30 days before he did a 90 days jail sentence but it's a feeling i get quite a bit, like an undercurrent.

He sort of has to pay people to be around him and the only way he can make it not look tragic is to be kind of tyrannical...which just ends up making it look a slightly different kind of tragic.

Y'know what, i get the exact same thing. Even in documentaries and such. 30 Days in May is like a fly on the wall documentary made following him and it's SOO grim. Fair dues, it's based around the 30 days before he did a 90 days jail sentence but it's a feeling i get quite a bit, like an undercurrent.

He sort of has to pay people to be around him and the only way he can make it not look tragic is to be kind of tyrannical...which just ends up making it look a slightly different kind of tragic.

That might be true.........but Justin Bieber is one of his main homeys, so he does have that going for him.

That might be true.........but Justin Bieber is one of his main homeys, so he does have that going for him.

Yeah cuz he keeps him around cuz of his winning personality eh? :lol: bieber looks fuckin terrified around the money team :lol:

Yeah cuz he keeps him around cuz of his winning personality eh? :lol: bieber looks fuckin terrified around the money team :lol:

I saw Floyd and his posse about a month ago at a Lakers game. I was right on the railing at the VIP entry (about 20 yards from the court) and a couple HUGE black guys come in and then - low and behold - Floyd walks up. Almost his entire posse was friggin huge. I was gonna shout something about him dodging Manny, but his people didn't look like they were in a joking mood.

Tom Petty, Denzel Washington, Anthony Edwards and a few other "celebs" walked by - all about 10 feet away from me. But Floyd was the only one who made me stop for a second and go "holy crap, look who it is."