The Boxing Thread

Len Cnut

3rd round and really the fight should be over, Kell is being a bit too ponderous i think, he could just fuckin' go straight at this guy. Showing himself to be a bit of a shit finisher. There's literally not one punch he's missing with.

Edited by Len B'stard

He don't like the southpaw style does he? Kell I mean. My verdict on Kell is he would be exposed easy by the upper tier. A Mayweather or a Pacman would brush him off.

On to Jhonny Gonzalez tonight I suppose!

Edited by Len B'stard

So 51 year old Razor Ruddock fought tonight in a local fight against a guy who I'm not convinced wasn't the janitor from my kid's daycare. He also needed a gift stoppage for a TKO in the 4th. At the end of the 3rd, he fell down from exhaustion and was saved by the bell. He proceeded to lay there for an inordinately long time.

The kicker is the commission that allowed this fight was the same one that wouldn't allow the UFC to announce match-ups without his express permission. While he was incommunicado on a 5 week boat trip. Needless to say, the UFC show was cancelled.

Ken Hayaashi, YOUR Ontario Athletic Commission director, ladies and gentlemen.

He has a perfect record though, Brook. And isn't Khan's chin a bit suspect? They certainly placed the gauntlet down last night. It is up to Khan to accept. Froch was basically accusing Khan of being a celebrity 'vegas' poser ducking fights.

Yeah but if you look at that record hes only fought one decent fighter, the one he won the belt off of...and even he was at least among the lesser end of the top fighters of that division. And yeah Khans got a funny chin but Kell Brook aint exactly a hard puncher either. Also, Khan gets knocked out cuz he gets into wars and he aint cut out to handle em but if you watch those fights he gets tagged a fair few times in em. You have to have a pretty good dig to put him away and i dont think Kell Brook will cut it. They are actually quite evenly matched i think.

And i agree with Froch, Kell Brook has been dying to fight him and hes just been chasing fights he hasn't earned, like Mayweather or Pacman, when hes got defeats to his name against lesser foes that he hasnt avenged.

Exactly, all that bollocks about Kell not being on his level, which he wasnt but Amir spent that time chasing fights that werent in HIS league and in that time Kell has caught up, now Kells the champ and Amirs still like 'i'll give HIM a shot'...at what you dozy cunt, you aint got nothing.

I think Ali had it backwards. He was more of an Uncle Tom then Frasier. It was a case of him being told what to say, imo.

Its a case of who said it first. And I honestly think Joe Frasier wasnt that type of a thinking man. Imo, he was a blue collar type, get your lunch pail and go to work. Whereas Ali, was the transcending figure, the hero of a whole race except he turned and became a Muslim and a racist for that matter. He also became a brand, (G.O.A.T.), which maybe the biggest piece of evidence of him being the Uncle Tom. For all of Ali's greatness, he could have been even more great, had he not got wrapped up with the Farrakhans and the Malcom X's....they used and abused him.

In the beginning Ali got it, its sport and entertainment, he was a showman. Then he became a political pawn fighting the people who he was once representing. Alot of his fights had a political and social undertone and I don't think he was very good at being told what to say, he was a great fighter with the gift of gab.

Same thing happened against Forman. It turned into a huge social political event. Its prize fighting man, Forman had no chance against Ali's mouth. A whole nation turned on Big George, that's crazy. He was done mentally long before he got in the ring and got rope a doped. That kinda says something about Frasiers mentality too and where he came from, no disrespect to George.

Then again, I'm probably all wrong and ain't making a lick of sense.

I don't agree with a word of your critique on Ali but to add to it (and i don't agree with what I'm saying here either) you could also argue that Ali was backed by a consortium of millionaire backers, white millionaire backers so, according to your particular rationale, adds to the idea of him being a Tom.

Also, in defence of Malcolm, he was never nothing but a friend to Ali, for all the good Ali done him. When Malcolm X was excommunicated from the Nation Ali said 'anyone who insults Elijah Muhammad WILL die'...and this was the only guy out of the Nation who attended the Ali Liston fight, the first one, they deliberately distanced themselves from him because they thought he would lose...that is all but Malcolm. And then when he won Elijah Muhammad was like 'they said Liston would tear up that pretty face of his...but Allah and myself said 'no no' '. Malcolm was gonna leave the Nation at that point so to consolidate their hold on this hot property (i.e. the heavyweight champion) by by-passing Malcolm and going directly to Ali, with Elijah bestowing the name Muhammad Ali on him, saying he was too big a man to remain Cassius X.

Yeah, I could definatly be all wrong. Its just the way I've felt and thought about it. Whenever I watch or see something about those days, I usually come away thinking the same thing. That being, Malcom X needed Ali more then Ali needed Malcom X.

Imo, Ali was already who he was and became but when he started hanging with Malcom, he picked a side and didn't have to. I don't think Ali would have said those things about Joe if he wasn't with Malcom. Again, I could be wrong, Ill read some more about it or maybe you could reference something to me?

What do you think of Anthony Joshua? He is from your neck of the woods, Len, isn't he? I remember him from the Olympics and just watched an ITV documentary on him.

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/anthony-joshua-the-journey

He is fighting in the Toon on Saturday apparently.

Edited by DieselDaisy

What do you guys think of Khan vs Algieri? Pretty pathetic for me, I mean Algieri's a decent boxer but Khan ducking Brook saying Algieri is an 'A-class' opponent fucking lol what an idiot. He's a non-puncher, fourth in a row... it's abysmal tbh.

I heard Andre Ward said he'd come to England to face Froch again but not Nottingham (which is besides the point as 'home town' advantage plays out anywhere in england. Froch has gone on record saying Ward would most likely beat him on points again but still wants him to try, which is admirable but that's Froch. He even said to Calzaghe to his face he'd probably outwork him so he'd need to knock him out. I think fat pothead Chavez Jr is next in Vegas which is fine since he's more than earned the right for an easier fight in the capital of boxing but Chavez won't be stopped by anyone so he might actually put up a classic if he's somehow focused for once.

Damn, is Khan-Algieri official? That's pretty disappointing. Would have much rather seen Khan-Brook or Khan-Broner. Don't think Khan will have much trouble against Algieri.

Saw Ward is scheduled to return in June in Oakland. Paul Smith is a rumored opponent. Don't think I've seen him--I'm guessing a warmup opponent? I kind of want to see what Golovkin could do against him.

Prime Foreman vs. Prime Tyson- Foreman wins via mid-late round knockout with Tyson ahead marginally on points at time of KO.

Prime Tyson vs. Prime Ali- Tyson wins via mid-round knockout with Ali well ahead on points at time of KO.

Prime Tyson vs. Prime Balboa- Tyson wins via 2nd round TKO.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Amir Khan is the biggest fuckin' fanny ever. OK, so, Algieri's a worthy opponent and Kell Brooks not...and Kells the champion? Don't fuckin' embarass yourself, you fuckin' twat. 'Kell don't make money, no ones heard of him', whoose heard of fuckin' Chris Algieri were it not for the fact that he got spannered by Pacman a couple of months ago you fuckin' nobhead? So you get into some fuckin' bollocks of an eliminator for the right to fight for a championship to then have some value to a Pacman or a Floyd...who do you think the fuckin' champion is that you're fighting the fuckin' eliminator to go up against you soft bastard?!?! Who the fucks advising this guy?

So he comes out on his wifes youtube channel going 'well i promised my wife I'd announce my next bout on her youtube channel so here it is, it's official, i'm fight Chris Algieri'

and then a big uproar happens about him fighting a shitbag and his response is:

'Algieri fights not even confirmed yet, dunno why so many fans are talkin' shit'

Sorry, what?!? Unbelievable. Going on and on and on about money this and money that, he's been listening to Floyd Mayweather too long.

I like Khan but he doesn't half talk some piles of shit, he's really riled up about Brook, sure Brook hasn't fought anywhere near the class of guys Khan has but he did everything Khan said, win a world title and become a bigger name, now his excuse is 'No one knows Kell Brook still' or 'He's not on my level' yet Algieri is... I get that he wants the fight to get bigger but he's been called out, Brook has a belt, the winner will surely be a lock in for Floyd or Pacquiao... he's not getting either with a win over Algieri. The Broner fight makes more sense and I can understand if he chooses that since Broner is talented enough and a massive name.

Brook isn't doing well either fighting Gavin... what the hell has he done at welterweight? I know Eddie Hearn loves his four PPV's a year but jesus that's a terrible headline fight. It's admirable Brook wants to fight again so soon (and again before summer's out), he has the right attitude. It'd be fine if he could secure Khan next but Khan can't fight in the summer due to his religion. The problem is Khan fights twice a year and wasting time with Algieri isn't really great the way he's dug his hole saying he's so much holier than thou compared to Brook. Fact is Brook would happily fight to sign him and neither have a decent opponent out there since Thurman seems to be frozen out. I heard Rios was available... Brook could've got him, Khan is with Haymon who doesn't like Top Rank.