Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

Sydal was in Meltzer's favorite tag team with Ricochet in NJPW. Their was a big furor over it last month when he claimed he was in Hawaii due to visa issues.

He's obviously done in NJPW now. Pretty big screw up.

Dave Finlay (Fit Finlay's son) for those unaware got his spot now.

Edited by AtariLegend

6 hours ago, moreblack said:

Hall's kid is over there getting trained too isn't he?

Yes, he's the young boy of the Bullet Club. Got injured though in April I while managing Omega and The Bucks. It was during a spot, he hasn't been seen since.

Edited by AtariLegend

Rock solid impact last night. Easily my favorite wrestling show of the week this week. The Sandow heel turn is being handled pretty poorly, but that's my only complaint. Treat or Delete was wonderful, Rockstar Spud getting Decay into Team X Gold was great (albeit that TXG is a weird thing to begin with), and I'm loving what they're doing with the Cody/Miracle/Edwards/Lashley program. Also loving the Sutter/Allie/Laurel program (Allie, fka Cherry Bomb, is married to Sutter, fka Pepper Parks, in real life).

Cant believe this is the show, out of all of them, that's struggling to survive. The next set of taping have been postponed, as has Total Nonstop Deletion. They're in deep if they can't produce TND by December, as they've only taped enough material to get them through their second-to-last TV slot of the year. So much talent on that roster, it'd a shame to see where they are right now. 

Lol. Demolition is in town for comic con. They were on local news this morning and they kept pushing how they are the longest reigning tag Champs in history. One of them did mention new Day closing in on their record, but then added "Yeah but everyone needs to keep in mind that our record is 1 single reign. We were still tag team champions after that reign a few times so to top our total time as champions is probably not going to happen." Sounded a little bitter as they conveniently pointed that out. 

They're the longest reigning tag champs of any of the current belts. London and Kendrick are the 2nd longest in history technically now. 

If you're wondering "what is he talking about?" while reading this. Well during the stupid rebranding/re-introducing different championships every few years era, they actually got rid of the original tag team championship and it's lineage. The one dating back to the 1971 in 2010 on a random RAW.

Basically a 40 year history gone, because of re branding and repeatedly unifying belts, then making new ones.

http://www.wwe.com/classics/titlehistory/worldtagteam 

Logic.

On 10/28/2016 at 4:05 PM, axlslash said:

Rock solid impact last night. Easily my favorite wrestling show of the week this week. The Sandow heel turn is being handled pretty poorly, but that's my only complaint. Treat or Delete was wonderful, Rockstar Spud getting Decay into Team X Gold was great (albeit that TXG is a weird thing to begin with), and I'm loving what they're doing with the Cody/Miracle/Edwards/Lashley program. Also loving the Sutter/Allie/Laurel program (Allie, fka Cherry Bomb, is married to Sutter, fka Pepper Parks, in real life).

Cant believe this is the show, out of all of them, that's struggling to survive. The next set of taping have been postponed, as has Total Nonstop Deletion. They're in deep if they can't produce TND by December, as they've only taped enough material to get them through their second-to-last TV slot of the year. So much talent on that roster, it'd a shame to see where they are right now. 

Today is the D-Day, hopefully the judge rules in favour of Billy Corgan and we can get shot of Dixie and her cronies for good

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

I would say they have to turn her heel, which is her forte anyway. And then have her go on a tear over everybody.

Yeah she's a much better heel no doubt. They gotta pull the trigger on that. Apparently Vince wants Bayley and Charlotte next, so here's hoping Bayley takes the belt. Vince has a hard on for Charlotte but she's seriously gotta get out of the title picture for a bit. Drop to Bayley, Bayley vs Sasha at Mania. 

Or since it's Vince, triple threat women's title at Mania. Which, I think we're all getting sick of seeing. 

21 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

triple threat women's title at Mania. Which, I think we're all getting sick of seeing. 

It's more than likely since they gotta make room for the Smackdown women's match as well during the show. The good thing is they've been there, done that, so they know how to structure and execute it well. The one this year with Sasha, Charlotte and Becky was pretty good after all. 

Kota Ibushi worked an NXT house show match last night. 

So what if it's a pay-per-appearance deal and he won't actually sign a contract. Why would you be pushing Brian Kendrick in 2016 when you can get Ibushi to show up for the night or ask Mascara Dorada who they do have under contract to fly in? 

If it is a triple threat women's match at mania, it'll probably be Dana vs. Nia Jax vs. Charlotte, with Dana being the babyface.

Please Vince, just sell the company to Bushiroad or fire all the writters and hire Jado/Gedo as bookers.

6 hours ago, username said:

HIAC wasn't bad at all. But commentary makes it SO unwatchable. :( I miss good old JR actually ADDING something to a match rather than detracting from it. 

My stream wasn't working right as the main event started and the only link I could find on kodi working was with Spanish commentary. Nobody missed JR more than me at that time. 

3 hours ago, Gunner55 said:

My stream wasn't working right as the main event started and the only link I could find on kodi working was with Spanish commentary. Nobody missed JR more than me at that time. 

I don't speak Spanish. Spanish would be better than Michael Cole was on HIAC. I don't normally understand why people hate the WWE broadcast teams so much, but Cole was a goddamn dumpster fire. 

4 hours ago, sturginho said:

Yup, doomed. Oh well at least we still have LU

And just to pile on the misery, Challenge are dropping TNA from January

Ugh. If they fail, maybe they'll end up selling to Billy anyway... What a shame. The best show in the industry today, for my money. LU is great as well, but only having one hour severely limits their storytelling.  TNA's roster deserves better than this nonsense. 

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

TNA's roster deserves better than this nonsense. 

That roster is mostly terrible though. Let's be honest.

Can you imagine Mahabali Shera or Aiden O'Shea in NXT? There are people on that roster that make Jinder Mahal look like a star.

Can you imagine a Lashley return to WWE going well?

Sure there's Jeff Hardy, but giving his track record... his stock has dropped. That'd leave Matt to get DELETE chants going on, but actually wrestling a match?

Edited by AtariLegend

1 hour ago, AtariLegend said:

That roster is mostly terrible though. Let's be honest.

Can you imagine Mahabali Shera or Aiden O'Shea in NXT? There are people on that roster that make Jinder Mahal look like a star.

Can you imagine a Lashley return to WWE going well?

Sure there's Jeff Hardy, but giving his track record... his stock has dropped. That'd leave Matt to get DELETE chants going on, but actually wrestling a match?

I can't imagine most of the roster working in WWE, but that doesn't mean they aren't high quality. Miracle, EC3, Eli Drake, the Hardys, Lashley, Moose, Decay, DJ Zema Ion, most of the X Division... The booking isn't always great, but the guys can work. Granted Vince and co. wouldn't know what to do with them, but that's why I want someone like Billy to take over rather than liquidating to WWE. 

The WWE will launch 205 Live, a weekly Tuesday night cruiser weight show, after the Nov 29 episode of Talking Smack. Hope they get them off Raw, where they have a weekly meaningless 6-man tag match with one stupid repetitive feud that no one cares about, and let's hem thrive like they did on the CWC. And the commentary will be Mauro and Graves, which is excellent.