Withered Delilah second best riff of 2014

It's a tie along with Wicked Stone for favorite riff of the album for me.

Brought back Locomotive feelings with that one. I think Withered Delilah's riff is a little better, but not by much. The album is filled with cool riffs. I like how Slash took the riff in Too Far Gone, and changed it a little and played the bridge like that right before the solo. He knows how to take a good riff and really use it, get the most out of it.

I hope he can keep that level of riff writing and match it with good song structures and more ambitious lyrics from Myles. They can do something even better together.

Edited by Rovim

the intro riff reminds me of Jimmy Page. the song is not so good

It's strange I liked the album when it came out but I rarely hear it again. I think apocalyptic love is better and even more aint life grand (snakepit)

Songs of WOF are ok but something's missing (songwriting ?)

Edited by nico_france

It's strange I liked the album when it came out but I rarely hear it again. I think apocalyptic love is better and even more aint life grand (snakepit)

Dignity? Axl? Inspiration? personality? Izzy? something to say artistically? Slash delivered cool riffs and solos, Brent and Todd give it power, Myles did good on a few songs vocally.

I think I've come to expect different things out of a Slash album. Pretty satisfied with it compared to AL.

Edited by Rovim

Dignity? Axl? Inspiration? personality? Izzy? something to say? Slash delivered cool riffs and solos, Brent and Todd give it power, Myles did good on a few songs vocally.

I think I've come to expect different things out of a Slash album. Pretty satisfied with it compared to AL.

Slash can write good songs, he has proven it on the UYI 1&2, the second snakepit album... but I'm mostly disappointed by his recent works. Sure he can deliver nice riffs and solos but for the songs he doesn't top the best of his work. He can do so much better alone... or with good partnership: civil war, locomotive, perfect crime, coma... even on the second snakepit album you have very good songs with nice melodies

Myles is a good singer but I'm bored hearing him on the last albums with Slash. He's good live (Made in Stoke is very enjoyable) but maybe he needs better songs/melodies?

Axl would miss to ANY band members. Musically speaking :D ... and Izzy even more. For me the best song by Slash is "Ghost"... and you have a great singer (Ian Astbury) and a great rhythm guitarist on it (Izzy)

So let me get this straight. In a landscape full of rock musicians and guitar gods Slash could easily write the best riffs of the time but in a landscape of rock guitarists that consist of Slash and ??? he can only place second?

Axl placed a curse on Slash the day he left Guns. He can now only write mediocre songs and collaborate with Rihanna. The landscape is cockrock. 2 ballads to make it bearable, and lyrics that aim to make you dumb.

Slash was never a good songwriter. He had the others in old Guns to cover his ass. The public knew about it ever since Snakepit one came out. It was horrid despite having good riffs and ideas - all the proof you need to know Slash wasn't a well rounded musician. Just a great lead guitar player.

Fall To Pieces and Slither just so happen to contain really good riffs with classic sounding and melodic Slash solos and the hype that was at the time for VR, and the backing of the label allowed that to happen.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2