The Hockey Thread

bacardimayne

Just saw that this morning. Crazy. Doesn't help that Bobrovsky hasn't been very good so far

I don't wanna jinx Montreal but probably will by saying this but their next two games are at Buffalo and vs Toronto in Montreal. Montreal has a real good shot to be 9-0-0 by Saturday night.

The Canadiens usually have problems with the Sabres though. Out of the 4 games between the teams last year Buffalo won 3 (their one loss was after a shootout) and this was of course during Buffalo's lousy #Tank4McDavid season. Now they have everything to play for.

Edited by CheapJon

true they do in the past have trouble with them but again that was last year. It really means nothing. Knowing the Habs though they'll lose back to back against Buffalo and Toronto then beat Dallas and San Jose or something :lol: I don't actually know who they play beyond Toronto on saturday. haven't looked that far ahead yet

Habs gotta lose eventually and their next three games I'm gonna hear it from someone I'm sure

Leafs - Fucking hate them so losing to them will suck
Cancuks - They're the favourite team of the girl I'm seeing and she's been chirping for a while now saying Habs will lose to her team
Oilers - My brother's favourite team so of course I'll hear it from him if they lose

Life would be really awesome if they could just get 3 more wins, set the NHL record for wins to start a season and I don't have to hear it from anyone haha.

Montreal Canadiens are 9-0-0 and the stats show how dominant they've been:

- 1st in wins and points

- 1st in goals for
- 1st in goals against

- Top 5 in +/- play for the Canadiens
- Top 2 scoring defencemen with 10 points each are Markov and Subban

- They have only trailed once in 9 games and for only 2 minutes 57 seconds

- They have not allowed a goal against in the 1st period

- They have set the record for most consecutive wins in regulation to start a season

They are 2 wins shy of the NHL record for wins to start a season. Never would have imagined this kind of start for them but with all 4 lines rolling the defence gelling like crazy and the best goalie in the world things are good right now. Hopefully they aren't peaking too soon :lol:

I'm against Halak in fantasy this week. I desperately need him not to get a shutout tonight at least. If Johnny Hockey could post a true hat trick in the 3rd (he's on my team) that's be even better.

:lol: totally jinxed yourself. Halak got the shutout and Johnny had zero points.

• Like 1

I'm against Halak in fantasy this week. I desperately need him not to get a shutout tonight at least. If Johnny Hockey could post a true hat trick in the 3rd (he's on my team) that's be even better.

:lol: totally jinxed yourself. Halak got the shutout and Johnny had zero points.
Haha yeah.... Boychuk ran up a nice score for me, at least. And I picked up Max Domi during the first week of the season. Whoda thunk that he would look to close to McDavid's level so far?! Him, Duclair, and Hanzal make a killer line.

Hawks are looking damned impressive. No Keith, but 4 in a row with back to back shutouts in our first SCF and WCF rematches (first reigning Cup champ ever to do it). It's not 10 in a row, but it's a nice little run and I'm liking how the team looks. Our best looking Cup hangover team yet, if I do say so myself, even better than the 13-14 team that took the eventual SC-winning Kings to a game 7 OT. Gonna be a fun year.

Montreal Canadiens are 9-0-0 and the stats show how dominant they've been:

- 1st in wins and points

- 1st in goals for

- 1st in goals against

- Top 5 in +/- play for the Canadiens

- Top 2 scoring defencemen with 10 points each are Markov and Subban

- They have only trailed once in 9 games and for only 2 minutes 57 seconds

- They have not allowed a goal against in the 1st period

- They have set the record for most consecutive wins in regulation to start a season

They are 2 wins shy of the NHL record for wins to start a season. Never would have imagined this kind of start for them but with all 4 lines rolling the defence gelling like crazy and the best goalie in the world things are good right now. Hopefully they aren't peaking too soon :lol:

They are looking great so far. Can't argue that. Had their way with my Jets last night. That was just brutal.

of course once they come out west they start losing :lol:

They already smoked the Blues though and hammered Calgary and just beat a pretty good Jets team no problem, albeit that game was in Montreal. Losing to Edmonton was a joke. Up 3-0 after the 1st and then blowing it. Lame.

I just flew home from a weekend visiting family in Toronto. Turns out it was Hall of Fame induction weekend. I was wearing my Hawks sweater on the flight home, and the ticket taker at the counter leans over to me and says "you know Bobby Hull is on your flight?" He was indeed. Got a photo and chatted briefly on the way off the plane, super nice guy. Such a cool experience, just running into a legend sitting in coach!

I just flew home from a weekend visiting family in Toronto. Turns out it was Hall of Fame induction weekend. I was wearing my Hawks sweater on the flight home, and the ticket taker at the counter leans over to me and says "you know Bobby Hull is on your flight?" He was indeed. Got a photo and chatted briefly on the way off the plane, super nice guy. Such a cool experience, just running into a legend sitting in coach!

Nice guy, except for the wife beatings...

Nice guy, except for the wife beatings...
I mean yeah. Certainly led a reprehensible life for a good while there. He was "nice" in this interaction at least :D