The Hockey Thread

bacardimayne

I did explain it to you. It was hidded in the part I wrote about Clarkson/hHorton. Giving Babcock a contract like that is like pissing in the ocean for them and seemingly pissing in your mouth by the reactions of it. The playoffs are the biggest story in the league, Babcock's hiring is probably the biggest story in Canada though now that your teams are out of the real thing.

BrassGod! Have a hard time imagining the Rangers losing game 7. This is the year.

They're not beating Anaheim or Chicago.

Lundqvist doesn't give up multiple goals per game shot from the goal line, so I'll give them a chance.

I think any of the teams left can beat any of the teams left.

Blackhawks!!!!!

NOoooo!!

BrassGod! Have a hard time imagining the Rangers losing game 7. This is the year.

Why not?

Just like last year, they might be the best EC team, but they're outclassed by the best teams in the West.

Blackhawks!!!!!

NOoooo!!

Why not?

Just like last year, they might be the best EC team, but they're outclassed by the best teams in the West.

That's a funny opinion. Here's the facts.

The Rangers played 2 games vs the Ducks in the 14-15 season. Won both, scoring 11 goals and letting in 3. Outclassed indeed, only that it was Rangers doing the spanking. Against CHI both games ended 1-0 with CHI winning one game and NYR winning the other. Outclassed? Their record against the WC was 18-5-5. Plus they're a better team this year and last years final was closer than the 4-1 end result. 3 of the kings wins came in OT (two of them in double OT). You don't even know what you're talking about. No big deal.

Edited by CheapJon

Sabres hire Bylsma

I like it. I think he got an unfair rap in Pittsburgh. During his tenure, Fleury's stats were absolutely terrible. Plus, Shero did a shit job of getting forward depth. yes you have Crosby and Malkin, but it doesnt work when they have Pascal Dupuis or Daniel Winnik type of guys as their line mates. Look at TB/NYR or CHI, scoring depth is vital. Plus Letang couldnt stay healthy either.

This Rangers team is much better than last year's. It's not the same. Maybe they lose the series, maybe they don't. Maybe they lose tomorrow. Who knows? It won't be because they're outclassed though.

That's true. And both the Hawks and the Ducks (before Andersen started his monumental fall from grace) are significantly better than the Kings were last year. Let's see if NYR even get through tomorrow night before we worry about beating the West, but the Hawks/Ducks series is the Stanley Cup Final. Predicting that NY or TB take a single game is generous.

This Rangers team is much better than last year's. It's not the same. Maybe they lose the series, maybe they don't. Maybe they lose tomorrow. Who knows? It won't be because they're outclassed though.

That's true. And both the Hawks and the Ducks (before Andersen started his monumental fall from grace) are significantly better than the Kings were last year. Let's see if NYR even get through tomorrow night before we worry about beating the West, but the Hawks/Ducks series is the Stanley Cup Final. Predicting that NY or TB take a single game is generous.

I think that's crazy, but I'm an east coast guy, so I don't know the west as well. I guess we'll see. Nothing I saw through the regular season points to the disparity you guys are talking about. We're talking about a league where the 8 seed routinely wins the cup. 1 win is generous? I don't get it.

Oh, and fuck the Rangers. They couldn't have put up a more lackluster performance in a game 7.

I think Lunqvist is starting to feel that his window, while still significantly open, is beginning to shut. He was devastated last night. Good on the Garden fans for giving him the ovation they did.

Edited by magisme