The Hockey Thread

bacardimayne

(and thanks for E. Kane by the way)

Pleasure is all ours. Lol. The constant dine and dash stories coupled with him getting punched out in a local club for trying to flash his "I'm a local celebrity, why should I pay my drink tab" made it that much easier to let him go.

That being said, Buffalo's tracksuit business should be booming with Mr. Informal in town. Too bad Buff isn't around to keep his prissy ass in line.

haha. Awesome.

So wait did the Peg fans really not like him THAT much? Kid could play. 30 goals at age 20 and he was playing with sub par linemates most of the time. Cant you just chalk up the money pic and the other stuff to youth a little bit?

Pleasure is all ours. Lol. The constant dine and dash stories coupled with him getting punched out in a local club for trying to flash his "I'm a local celebrity, why should I pay my drink tab" made it that much easier to let him go.

That being said, Buffalo's tracksuit business should be booming with Mr. Informal in town. Too bad Buff isn't around to keep his prissy ass in line.

haha. Awesome.

So wait did the Peg fans really not like him THAT much? Kid could play. 30 goals at age 20 and he was playing with sub par linemates most of the time. Cant you just chalk up the money pic and the other stuff to youth a little bit?

I'm a blackhawks fan. Im quite familiar with a young kid named Kane doing dumb shit - beating up a cab driver, the infamous limo photos in Vancouver, etc. Evander may grow out of it eventually, but he's going to command a big contract, and he was dividing that locker room real hard. I don't think the fans were the problem, it was the teammates who were throwing his shit in the shower.

haha. Awesome.

I'm a blackhawks fan. Im quite familiar with a young kid named Kane doing dumb shit - beating up a cab driver, the infamous limo photos in Vancouver, etc. Evander may grow out of it eventually, but he's going to command a big contract, and he was dividing that locker room real hard. I don't think the fans were the problem, it was the teammates who were throwing his shit in the shower.

I think the media had it out for him too. Every little thing he did was blown up. I don't wanna get into why as that's a can of worms, but I feel it was slightly unfair to him. Is flashing money on IG THAT big of a deal? How would the winnipeg media handle NFL players if they had to.

I'm from Buffalo, Patty kane has a rep around here to as you can assume. People hold him up a bit too high. Word on the street is that he's kind of a d bag if you run into him

17m7j2j4eiicmjpg.jpg

Edited by bt88

That photo is really old, Cinco de Mayo 2011 if memory serves. He's still a headcase, but he's not that drunken idiot anymore. He's grown up a lot, he made a notable shift starting with 2013.

Happy opening day, folks! Hopefully all of your teams please you. Unless you're a Preds fan. Then go fuck yourself :)

What a first night of the playoffs! As a Blackhawks fan, I should have expected a couple overtimes. 2OT in game one gave me flashbacks to the 3OT marathon against Boston. Unbelievable comeback for the Indian-heads, and I do not envy Coach Q for having to choose between Crawford and Darling for game 2.

Draft lottery tonight. who do you want to win it? I have a couple of teams I'd like to see end up with McDavid and some teams that I really don't want to win.

Game 2 between Rangers and Penguins, I hope I'll be able to stay awake, it starts at 2.30 AM here in Sweden.

I'm so glad Edmonton won that. It would've been kinda lame for McDavid to got o Buffalo or Arizona and I fucking hate the Maple Leafs and don't think I could handle the media blowing thei loads over McDavid in Toronto so really the only possible good outcome was Edmonton.

Now all I want to know is what does Montreal need to give up to get either Eberle or Hall?

Hall is untouchable. Eberle would require overpayment.

Hall is not untocuhable. Oilers management would like you to believe they're all untouchable but really the only one that's kinda close to untouchable is The Nuge as he's a centre so they'd have to think harder about letting him go. Hall for sure is/should be available given the right price, and no I don't mean Carey haha. Eberle would cost a bit but that's what the Oilers have to do. They NEED to put their assets up on the market and see what teams will give them. The Oilers at this point would be stupid not to listen to offers on Eberle, Hall and Nugent-Hokins. Yakupov should be a guaranteed trade.

I'd be real nervous if I was an Oilers fan. Management are proven idiots so............

So, I've been slacking on hockey lately due to not having cable and the Oilers being too bad to bother streaming the games.

Just how good is this kid? Is the Crosby hype warranted? Will he save us?

Hype is warranted. Kid isn't quite Crosby good, but he's got speed and a nice set of hands. Gonna be a big star.

So, I've been slacking on hockey lately due to not having cable and the Oilers being too bad to bother streaming the games.

Just how good is this kid? Is the Crosby hype warranted? Will he save us?

Hype is warranted. Kid isn't quite Crosby good, but he's got speed and a nice set of hands. Gonna be a big star.

Pretty much this. His hype is warrented but he's not on Crosby's level. Not yet anyways. Here's a comparison of their junior careers

Crosby 2 seasons in the QMJHL

Games - 121

Goals - 120

Assists - 183

Points - 303

Points Per Game - 2.50

McDavid 3 seasons in the OHL

Games - 166

Goals - 97

Assists - 188

Points - 285

Points Per Game - 1.71

Although this season McDavid did average 2.55 points per game. Also in the playoffs his team just swept London in 4 games and McDavid had 14 points in those games. He's pretty damn good.

Edited by Bono

Hamburglar was the only reason Ottawa made the playoffs in the first place (not that Anderson played a bad tilt yesterday). Without that sparkplug, the car won't go. Ottawa were done as soon as he collapsed. That said, the sabremetrics don't favor Montreal down the stretch, so it will be interesting to see where things go from here.

Hawks did a mighty fine job of sending a message to the Perds yesterday. Hopefully they can use this to run games 4 and 5 down Nashville's throats and make this a nice quick series. I sure don't envy Quenville having to choose between Crow and Darling for game 4...

The Blues came back to life on Saturday vs the Wild. Hat Trick by Tarasenko. Now its the best of 5.

As a Hawks fan, the next round scares me. Either the Blues or the Wild would be worthy adversaries, assuming we make it through. Don't want to play the Blues' offense, don't want to play the Wild's D/goalie setup. Looking forward to a great series regardless, but not too optimistic about the outcome...

The Blues came back to life on Saturday vs the Wild. Hat Trick by Tarasenko. Now its the best of 5.

As a Hawks fan, the next round scares me. Either the Blues or the Wild would be worthy adversaries, assuming we make it through. Don't want to play the Blues' offense, don't want to play the Wild's D/goalie setup. Looking forward to a great series regardless, but not too optimistic about the outcome...

The Blues have a 47 year history of tanking in the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised if it continues. I hope I'm wrong of course.....

The Blues have a 47 year history of tanking in the playoffs. Wouldn't be surprised if it continues. I hope I'm wrong of course.....

I mean, I'm always happy for the Hawks to be the last team St. Louis sees before heading off on their annual golf trip, don't get me wrong. I just think they *could* hold off on tanking for a few more weeks. They'll tank, don't get me wrong, but they may hold out.