The Hockey Thread

bacardimayne

As long as the Kings don't win the draft lottery if they miss the playoffs I want them to miss it. Same with Penguins, Edmonton's got their draft pick so I hope they miss but not if they "won" McDavid to EDM.

Rooting for the Jets, Flames and Senators making the playoffs for the spots that are still up in the air.

Bruins lost tonight which is HUGE for Ottawa. Man if Ottawa gets in they could shock everyone. They are 22-4-4 in their last 30 games and Hammond is a ridiculous 19-1-2 since being called up from the minors. I just find it unreal that the Kings could and likely will miss the playoffs. Rare for a defending champ to miss out on the playoffs but it will be cool to see 3/4 canadian teams in the west get in and if Ottawa gets in 2/3 Canadian teams in the east will make it.

If Patrick Kane gets back out on the ice, I expect it will kick the Blackhawks into high gear. It's been a bit of a tailspin for us lately, but it's hard to see the Blackhawks losing to any of the other Western Conference contenders four times in seven games. That said, if the offense does its disappearing act like it does from time to time, we could be screwed. But no matter. Once we get past Saturday, it's a whole new season.

Bring on dem playoffs!

Wild are hottest team in the NHL! Unbelievable record in the past couple months, and on a 12 game road winning streak. They're serious playoff contenders

Ottawa is the hottest team in the NHL. 23-4-4 in their last 31 games.

Anybody who said a month ago or even 2 weeks ago or maybe even a week ago that the Flames and Jets would get in and the Kings would be eliminated is a liar haha. WOW!

Ottawa needs 1 point on Saturday and they are in and either Boston or Pittsburgh will be out. Insane to think Ottawa was 20 points behind Pittsburgh 2 months ago.

With the Leafs pulling a douchebag move by calling up Colton Orr for Saturday's game vs the Habs, the Habs should just sit everyone and call up the entire Bulldogs team. Fuck the Leafs are idiots.

I'm a Habs fan and I know that Habs vs Leafs games are Hockey Night in Canada gold but seriously if Hockey Night in Canada doesn't adjust their schedule for Saturday night and make the Senators vs Flyers game the national game then they are doing it wrong.

Edited by Bono

I'm a Habs fan and I know that vs Leafs games are Hockey Night in Canada gold but seriously if Hockey Night in Canada doesn't adjust their schedule for Saturday night and make the Senators vs Flyers game the national game then they are doing it wrong.

I'm a Flyers fan and I'm hoping we just send out an AHL squad.

• Like 1

Let's Go Rangers!

Scroll a year back and you'll see me warning bitches about Kris Kreider. He comin'.

No need to warn bitches about Kreider, just the other teams goalies. :D j/k

I've been following Kreider since he was in college, remember his first games with the Rangers in the '12 playoffs. Jumped out of my chair screaming in the middle of the night when he scored this goal

Also, this has always impressed me :D

I'll just say that I'm satisfied with the Kings missing and the Jets and Flames clinching. If Sens make it, I'll be happy for them but if not, Karlsson will likely play the WHC so it's a win-win whatever happens.

• Like 1

Yes! The tank is finally over. McEichel secured.

This seasin has been awful but now it was worth it. A potential generational talent is now in range. A top line of McDavid or Eichel with Evander kane on the wing is huge. I hope this is how pens fans felt after the Crosby lottery.

Holy shit Ottawa made it. As a Habs fan I want no part of them.

gonna be hilarious either way tonight when either Pittsburgh or Boston is eliminated. As a Habs fan nothing could be more hilarious than Toronto and Boston both missing the playoffs but seeing the Penguins out is also pretty funny.

Edited by Bono

Did anybody watch BU vs Providence NCAA final on saturday? What a game. Eichel did not show up on the scoresheet much. Its one game and obviously he's a stud, but it was a bit disappointing. The BU goalie had a flub for the ages by scoring on himself. Felt really bad for the kid as it totally turned that game around. Still, you cant make THAT mistake at that time. brutal

Gunner- congrats to you and the 'Peg. great city and fans. Definitely have adopted them as my ad hoc team for these playoffs. (and thanks for E. Kane by the way)

My picks:

Wild over Blues

Hawks over Preds

Ducks over Jets

Nucks over Flames

Sens over Habs

Lightning over Wings

Rangers over Pens

Caps over Islanders

Hawks over Wild

Canucks over Ducks

Sens over Lightning

Rangers over Caps

Hawks over Canucks

Sens over Rangers

Hawks over Sens

(and thanks for E. Kane by the way)

Pleasure is all ours. Lol. The constant dine and dash stories coupled with him getting punched out in a local club for trying to flash his "I'm a local celebrity, why should I pay my drink tab" made it that much easier to let him go.

(and thanks for E. Kane by the way)

Pleasure is all ours. Lol. The constant dine and dash stories coupled with him getting punched out in a local club for trying to flash his "I'm a local celebrity, why should I pay my drink tab" made it that much easier to let him go.

That being said, Buffalo's tracksuit business should be booming with Mr. Informal in town. Too bad Buff isn't around to keep his prissy ass in line.