The Hockey Thread

bacardimayne

Well, his drunken violent behaviour is well known. It doesn't matter if she was all over him at a bar and later at the hotel. People are allowed to change their minds. Hopefully he didn't do it and this gets resolved. But if he did, I hope he doens't get the celebrity treatment and also that John Scott fucking destroys him. I like Kane, he's one of the most entertaining players in the league but this is just.. ugh.

He's not going to get the "celebrity treatment," but this will never go to trial. They've already started the smear campaign against the victim. Sooner or later, she'll settle to make it stop.

Money comment on a Facebook post about this: I remember when Kane was on the same level as Crosby. Now he's on the same level as Cosby...

Well, his drunken violent behaviour is well known. It doesn't matter if she was all over him at a bar and later at the hotel. People are allowed to change their minds. Hopefully he didn't do it and this gets resolved. But if he did, I hope he doens't get the celebrity treatment and also that John Scott fucking destroys him. I like Kane, he's one of the most entertaining players in the league but this is just.. ugh.

He's not going to get the "celebrity treatment," but this will never go to trial. They've already started the smear campaign against the victim. Sooner or later, she'll settle to make it stop.

Money comment on a Facebook post about this: I remember when Kane was on the same level as Crosby. Now he's on the same level as Cosby...

This seems like a celebrity treatment to me. That doesn't happen unless the suspect is famous.

Crosby/Cosby :lol:

This seems like a celebrity treatment to me. That doesn't happen unless the suspect is famous.

Absolutely not true. Granted that it happens in more subtle ways, but the public shaming of the rape victim (or the threat of that smearing that is inherent in a consent defense in a rape trial) is a frequent tactic in rape defense, no matter who the suspect is.

Absolutely not true. Granted that it happens in more subtle ways, but the public shaming of the rape victim (or the threat of that smearing that is inherent in a consent defense in a rape trial) is a frequent tactic in rape defense, no matter who the suspect is.

The average rape does not get nearly the same amount of publicity. How many rapes gets written about in the papers and how many total rapes are there? It could be that we're misunderstanding each other and talking about different things though.

The average rape does not get nearly the same amount of publicity. How many rapes gets written about in the papers and how many total rapes are there? It could be that we're misunderstanding each other and talking about different things though.

As far as the papers, for sure. But courtroom proceedings are public record, so if the case is going to turn on the question of whether or not the sex was consensual and whether the injuries are from trying to escape or from consensual rough sex, there is going to be a degree of public shaming whether it's in newspapers or not. That's a dynamic that absolutely impacts people's decisions whether or not to press charges, that's all I meant.

• Like 1

I get it. Gotta play it safe. Kane has a pretty bad history of behavior anyway. Yeah I know that doesn't mean he did what he's accused of, but I wouldn't be shocked. I live in Buffalo and its actually pretty sad how quick people were to defend him and try to shame the girl. Innocent until proven guilty sure, but that doesn't mean you don't take her claims seriously. The police in the town where it happened are being weirdly quiet about it. It's a pretty sad state of affairs.

This is a good article that sums things up well. "patrick kane is not your friend"

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/08/07/baffoe-patrick-kane-is-not-your-friend/

Edited by bt88

If he's not on the cover and it turns out he's innocent, no harm no foul. If you keep him on and he ends up guilty or settling out of court for a ton of money and there's still doubt, then EA ends up with egg on its face. With the game set to come out long before this case will be closed, this is the only sensible way for EA to handle it.

Why would anyone be bothered by Kane being removed from the cover? He's being investigated for fucking rape.

People are absolute fucking morons. Just look at the comments on articles about the investigation, and you'll understand instantly what anti-rape culture activists are on about. It's absolutely abhorrent.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

P5BHd9p.jpg

So Jaromir Jagr banged some 18 year old Czech model, and then she threatened to release this picture unless he paid her some amount of money. He, being an unmarried professional athlete, basically said "lol go ahead", and now it turns out she was dating some rising prospect and now she won't be getting his money either. :lol:

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 1

Reports that the rape kit came back in the Kane case, and Kane's DNA was not present. Doesn't rule it out conclusively (could have used a condom, not cum, etc.) but this is a huge hit to the prosecution's case if true.

They did find his DNA under the girl's fingernails though. That's a big red flag.

Granted, though Kane can now argue "we just made out, we never had sex." The finger nail DNA proves that they were in physical contact with each other, which he hasn't disputed, and he can still say there was no sex. That said, I don't expect this even gets as far as indictment if the rape kit really was negative.

P5BHd9p.jpg

So Jaromir Jagr banged some 18 year old Czech model, and then she threatened to release this picture unless he paid her some amount of money. He, being an unmarried professional athlete, basically said "lol go ahead", and now it turns out she was dating some rising prospect and now she won't be getting his money either. :lol:

Haha, yeah I read that as well. Fucking legend! http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/jaromir-jagr-blackmailed-with-scandalous-model-selfie--doesn-t-care--report-172338281.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

• 3 weeks later...