The Hockey Thread

bacardimayne

2010: 2-2 after four games (Chicago won 1 and 2, Philly took 3 and 4), Chicago wins the Cup

2013: 2-2 after four games (Chicago won 1 and 4, Boston took 2 and 3), Chicago wins the Cup

I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Lightning have. Screw 'em!

In all seriousness, what a fuckin' series so far.

It's 2 days later, and I am still only beginning to comprehend what I experienced Monday night. There are a small number of people who will get to experience their team winning the Cup on home ice, and I am so thankful to count myself among them. I hope I don't bore you, but I'll reflect a little here.

My seats were 7 rows behind Corey Crawford for the 1st and 3rd periods, Ben Bishop for the 2nd. To give you a sense of how great our seats were, Tom Morello and his family were 2 rows in front of us. Sidebar: Morello is the nicest fucking guy. I want to use my law degree to fight for workers' rights, and he's a big big musical hero of mine; got to chat with him briefly and get a picture, and he couldn't have been more gracious.

The pre-game stuff was epic. Huge screen/ice projection show, thumping music, crowd going berserk. The anthem lit it up big time. Loudest I have ever heard a stadium get. I could barely hear the organ or Jim Cornelison singing, and my ears still have a bit of a ring left in them days later.

The first period was great. Lots of chances at both ends, and we had a perfect view of the Hawks D blocking every single shot Tampa took. Having gotten that close of a look at his work around the net....jesus christ is Duncan Keith on a different plant. Speed, power, positioning, blocking, the outlet game... guy has it all. A Conn Smythe well deserved.

Our end of the ice was the place to be for the second period. The only big shot on Crow was the Stamkos break-away, which we could still see quite well. Hawks had a big rush toward the mid-point of the period that had pucks buzzing past open corners every few seconds, but just couldn't get it in. Then Keith banged in his rebound to go up 1-0. The pop from the crowd was absolutely insane. That was the point that my wife and I started turning to each other and saying "this might actually happen..." Kane pounded in the 2nd goal in the 3rd period, and that was it. The crowd pretty much didn't sit from that point on. During one of the TV timeouts, the crowd just danced and sang along to Fight For Your Right To Party. The atmosphere was just insane. Crowd counted down from 10 seconds with the extra attacker out, and then just a blur of sheer euphoric bliss for the rest of the night. Plus the initial celebration was right in front of us, which was just nuts.

11406827_10204717953526051_5809305068677

1795674_10204718139250694_24150980626241

• Like 2

It's 2 days later, and I am still only beginning to comprehend what I experienced Monday night. There are a small number of people who will get to experience their team winning the Cup on home ice, and I am so thankful to count myself among them. I hope I don't bore you, but I'll reflect a little here.

My seats were 7 rows behind Corey Crawford for the 1st and 3rd periods, Ben Bishop for the 2nd. To give you a sense of how great our seats were, Tom Morello and his family were 2 rows in front of us. Sidebar: Morello is the nicest fucking guy. I want to use my law degree to fight for workers' rights, and he's a big big musical hero of mine; got to chat with him briefly and get a picture, and he couldn't have been more gracious.

The pre-game stuff was epic. Huge screen/ice projection show, thumping music, crowd going berserk. The anthem lit it up big time. Loudest I have ever heard a stadium get. I could barely hear the organ or Jim Cornelison singing, and my ears still have a bit of a ring left in them days later.

The first period was great. Lots of chances at both ends, and we had a perfect view of the Hawks D blocking every single shot Tampa took. Having gotten that close of a look at his work around the net....jesus christ is Duncan Keith on a different plant. Speed, power, positioning, blocking, the outlet game... guy has it all. A Conn Smythe well deserved.

Our end of the ice was the place to be for the second period. The only big shot on Crow was the Stamkos break-away, which we could still see quite well. Hawks had a big rush toward the mid-point of the period that had pucks buzzing past open corners every few seconds, but just couldn't get it in. Then Keith banged in his rebound to go up 1-0. The pop from the crowd was absolutely insane. That was the point that my wife and I started turning to each other and saying "this might actually happen..." Kane pounded in the 2nd goal in the 3rd period, and that was it. The crowd pretty much didn't sit from that point on. During one of the TV timeouts, the crowd just danced and sang along to Fight For Your Right To Party. The atmosphere was just insane. Crowd counted down from 10 seconds with the extra attacker out, and then just a blur of sheer euphoric bliss for the rest of the night. Plus the initial celebration was right in front of us, which was just nuts.

Really happy chicago won. I'd love to experience my home team winning the cup, but my home team is the Jets so that won't happen anytime soon. Lol

• Like 1

Really happy chicago won. I'd love to experience my home team winning the cup, but my home team is the Jets so that won't happen anytime soon. Lol

If history is any indicator, you're about to receive a whole bunch of Cup champion blackhawks this offseason, so maybe it'll be sooner than you think! :D

Frankly I thought the Jets would go farther this year than they did. The West is a tough conference to contend with, what with the Hawks and Kings basically being divorced parents who share custody of their kid Stanley. But you're just a few pieces away from contending at least, which is a ton closer than when the team first moved there.

Awesome. Not boring at all.

Edited by magisme

• 1 month later...

Patrick Kane being investigated for rape :facepalm:

At this point, Kane's people are already getting quotes in the press about how she was all over him at the bar, flirting with him, and making sure that he didn't go home with anyone else at the end of the night. In other words, it's going to be a huge fight over whether or not she consented, which is just going to make everyone in this look bad. Expect her to get the bulk of Kane's $10.5mil paycheck for the next season to make this go away.

Edited by axlslash

Well, his drunken violent behaviour is well known. It doesn't matter if she was all over him at a bar and later at the hotel. People are allowed to change their minds. Hopefully he didn't do it and this gets resolved. But if he did, I hope he doens't get the celebrity treatment and also that John Scott fucking destroys him. I like Kane, he's one of the most entertaining players in the league but this is just.. ugh.