The Replacements European Tour - May/June

Apologies - don't know if it belongs here or in My World. Figured as Tommy's in the band it would be okay here.

Dates are:

28 May - Barcelona - Primavera Sound
30 May - Amsterdam - Paradiso
02 June - London - Roundhouse

Personally I'm super, super excited about this - hoping I can make the London date. I guess this means a real break from touring for Guns.

• Like 1

Apologies - don't know if it belongs here or in My World. Figured as Tommy's in the band it would be okay here.

Dates are:

Personally I'm super, super excited about this - hoping I can make the London date. I guess this means a real break from touring for Guns.

Duff can jump in, according to the 2014 dates, plus Apollo meets Duff on a plane and Duff tells him a story about how Axl can't pick him up, so he must catch a plane... this means Axl and Duff are on speaking terms again on a somewhat regular basis

Edited by Motivation

Solo Tommy show at Live @ Drew's a few weeks prior to this (March 7th).

For anyone in the NY/NJ area who hasn't been to Live @ Drew's, I highly recommend it, one of the best alternative/unconventional venues you can go to. The band plays in a guy's living room that overlooks a lake and the place has great sound too. Afterwards everyone hangs with the talent on the back porch and parties a bit. It's a great atmosphere.

It's in Ringwood, NJ, which seems far-ish, but it's well-worth the trek if you can get to it.

Dates are:

Awesome news. I just found out today that my brother is getting married in London the first week of June so I'll go down early to catch this show, never thought I'd get to see Paul & Tommy live together. Hope the set is primarily full of Twin/Tone era Mats tunes, and wouldn't mind if Tommy wanted to do a bit of busking on the streets again :headbang:

I have a hard time believing we'll be seeing Guns on the road this summer. Granted, not all of the big music festivals have announced their lineups yet, but I would suspect that if GNR were to tour Europe this summer it would include a couple of major festivals.

With Ron likely out and Tommy busy with the Replacements (at least for the month of June), I think most of this year likely a rebuilding year of sorts for GNR. Get stuff in order and push hard maybe at the end of the year.

Dates are:

Duff can jump in, according to the 2014 dates, plus Apollo meets Duff on a plane and Duff tells him a story about how Axl can't pick him up, so he must catch a plane... this means Axl and Duff are on speaking terms again on a somewhat regular basis

True, it's just with DJ on tour with Sixx AM in April and now Tommy doing this in May/June, can't see a tour happening before that.

Dates are:

Awesome news. I just found out today that my brother is getting married in London the first week of June so I'll go down early to catch this show, never thought I'd get to see Paul & Tommy live together. Hope the set is primarily full of Twin/Tone era Mats tunes, and wouldn't mind if Tommy wanted to do a bit of busking on the streets again :headbang:

Congrats to your brother! :) Yeah, I never thought I'd see Paul or Tommy live in the UK, let alone together! The Roundhouse is an amazing venue but seems really small for them. Having said that I have no idea how big they are in the UK to the average music fan, to be fair I only found out about them when I got into nuGuns properly in 2006/7 and decided to see what the band members had done.

Really hope I can get tickets to this, would be a dream come true. The Replacements are one of my all time favourite bands and whilst it isn't the classic lineup it'll be awesome seeing Paul and Tommy on stage together, plus Josh Freese is an incredible drummer. Seeing Fleetwood Mac on May 28th and then Sun Kil Moon on the 1st. If I can get 'Mats tickets it'll be like a mini festival :lol:

IMINLOVEWITHTHEGIRLWHOWORKSINTHESTOREBUTI'MNOTHINBUTACUSTOMAAAAHHHHHH

IM A CUSTOMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

IM A CUSTOMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

:D

(that was a worthwhile post eh? :lol:)

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 3

Good. Honestly, I do not want to hear anything from Guns N' Roses unless it's an album announcement.

I feel the same way. At this point I wouldn't mind if it was just more CD era stuff. Bumble's (apparent) departure will still come as a blow though if there's an album announcement, really liked him in GN'R.

As much as I love Tommy in the band, part of me wishes Duff would come back full time so he could focus on The 'Mats.

• Like 1