please let this somehow end the rasp talk forever

Cory Trevor

so bored of rasp..

ok go watch the 02 concert then

Like rasp, bored of the subject.

Axl can only sing how his throat will let him on the night,

He has three choices: Rasp vs. Helium vs. No Voice at all

That's the three options and that's all there is to say, why this fucking subject is being beaten flat I'll never know.

Edited by Intercourse

It's funny how the amount of rasp in each Axl show has become the new standard of vocal quality.

Rasp or gtfo.

It's not funny at all, though, is it? It's completely understandable and reasonable. It's his trademark voice that's on pretty much every hit song they've ever had. Plus, his other voices are terrible.

It's funny how the amount of rasp in each Axl show has become the new standard of vocal quality.

Rasp or gtfo.

It's not funny at all, though, is it? It's completely understandable and reasonable. It's his trademark voice that's on pretty much every hit song they've ever had. Plus, his other voices are terrible.

Must be all rasp all the time. Yo check this out: just because he used it in the past, doesn't mean he shouldn't try new styles in the studio cause he doesn't think it sounds terrible, and live, he doesn't prepare before a tour so he sings more cleanly sometimes just because he's not able to push his voice like that for the duration of a full show, with rasp.

Many singers and guitar players too change stuff up, Slash did it a bunch of times, not everyone thought it was better then his classic Guns tone.

Axl still manages to find new styles for different songs. He seems to pick a specific voice for specific tunes. Kinda how he sang in It's So Easy, and other songs.

He can easily still do it in the studio (Angel Down) and he can sometimes do it live and besides, when he warms up at the middle of a tour you get performances like Prostitute in Vegas.

In the studio it's an artistic choice. Live singing in a clean voice in places doesn't damage Axl's voice as much.

Edited by Rovim

Axl sounds like utter shit when he sings with his clean voice. He sounds like a parody of himself.

You Could Be Mine has been a joke these last years. Complete garbage.

Yeah totally, I mean what is this shit?

I said "clean voice," you have presented a video where Axl uses rasp.

I said "You Could Be Mine," you have presented a video of Prostitute.

Do you know how to read?

Axl sounds like utter shit when he sings with his clean voice. He sounds like a parody of himself.

Do you know how to read?

"Axl sounds like utter shit when he sings with his clean voice" - well 90% of that song is sung with his "shit" clean voice. Do YOU know how to read?

Do you know how to read?

"Axl sounds like utter shit when he sings with his clean voice" - well 90% of that song is sung with his "shit" clean voice. Do YOU know how to read?

And 90% of that song sounds like shit, aside from the extra-powerful choruses.

Rasp and Axl Rose go hand in hand, he painted himself in a corner early in his career by using it and then having people associate that sound with him. When I think of Axl, I think of power, rasp and a range with super highs and lows. The joint 2014 was good, if a little winded, Bucharest sounds like '93 but a little winded too.

Rasp and Axl Rose go hand in hand, he painted himself in a corner early in his career by using it and then having people associate that sound with him. When I think of Axl, I think of power, rasp and a range with super highs and lows. The joint 2014 was good, if a little winded, Bucharest sounds like '93 but a little winded too.

When Axl replaces the powerful parts of the songs he sings, with his utter shit clean voice, he destroys the whole performance. His songs, mostly, are full of anger, anger that has always translated well with his killer voice. You hear Axl screaming and you feel that anger that take the song to another level.

I really like that first clip OP posted, Nightrain in Bucharest. I've never heard a post 93' performance like that. It's not at the same level as 93' and before, but it's there. I thought it was gone forever. I have some hope now.

2010 was the last time Axl delivered incredible performances throughout the entire show.

I really like that first clip OP posted, Nightrain in Bucharest. I've never heard a post 93' performance like that. It's not at the same level as 93' and before, but it's there. I thought it was gone forever. I have some hope now.

2010 was the last time Axl delivered incredible performances throughout the entire show.

Hmmm, didn't realize it was from 2010. My hopes are slightly dashed.

I would feel so much better if we could just get an acknowledgement from the man himself on this issue. With the total silence on the subject from Axl, his bandmates, and even the entire press, it makes me feel sometimes like maybe there is no issue. His voice is fine, and it's just my ears that are wrong.

http://youtu.be/FRqQ_g2NBtQ

Best post 93 nightrain ever!! Go to 30 seconds and enjoy. You haven't heard anything like that and might never see it again, the sad part is this is the best video we have,

Do you know how to read?

Rasp is an unnatural effect to create with the vocal chords, its like creating distortion in a guitar amp.

Its the overdriving of the chords that gives that sound - creates nodes very quickly.

After 25 years, his chords are probably fried and he can only bust out the rasp now and again.

Springsteen still can rasp like a fucking cement truck every night and gets away with it.

Luck of the genes.

I bet Axl would love to sing like he used to but he hasn't got that choice, he can hear his helium voice in his ear monitors just as well as we can.

Can't be easy.

Edited by Intercourse

Do you know how to read?

This is my SHIT!! :headbang: