please let this somehow end the rasp talk forever

Cory Trevor

doubt it will since it is merely an opinion but

that is bucharest, regarded as one of the best 2010 concerts

that is the most recent live performance of Axl Rose

SHIT SOUNDS AMAZING and to me (once again this is an opinion) he sounds like he has all the same capabilities he has always had, but just phones it in with falsetto/that clean head voice from 2000-2002 nowadays.

that concert was one month earlier than the vegas performance and you can very easily hear the difference between the vocal technique/effort put in

ALSO, DJ Ashba starts his solo in the wrong fuckin key and keeps it going for an unforgivable amount of time in the last vid

Bucharest was good, i was there

Also rasp is what made Axl famous so without rasp (especially on classic songs) he is laughable... It works on some CD songs and some covers, but overall the rasp talk here is for a reason: that is what made Axl a prime performer

Only on GNR forums has "rasp" become an actual subject of debate.

Maybe because hte general public can't even give a shit about Axl's falsetto?

When people trash him for his vocals is mostly because the falsetto/clean voice...

You can't take one song and say "he's back!" You should be able to put together an entire show. If you can do the same with YCBM and Rocket Queen then I'll agree, but as of right now he's not there yet.

Everyone is rooting for the rasp to return, but I think you're jumping the gun a bit!

First is 2010 and second is the last show in Vegas. We are still that far away from getting the rasp we want.

Edited by IncitingChaos

You can't take one song and say "he's back!" You should be able to put together an entire show. If you can do the same with YCBM and Rocket Queen then I'll agree, but as of right now he's not there yet.

Everyone is rooting for the rasp to return, but I think you're jumping the gun a bit!

i just find it odd how he never sounds like he has any real vocal failures singing his high notes very raspy during one of the last songs of 2 hours of singing

doubt it will since it is merely an opinion but

SHIT SOUNDS AMAZING and to me (once again this is an opinion) he sounds like he has all the same capabilities he has always had, but just phones it in with falsetto/that clean head voice from 2000-2002 nowadays.

Absolutely. It couldn't be any more obvious that his singing technique and general effort put into singing and performance for each tour matches his general attitude and level of effort all round. There's no better proof of that than Philly 2012 when he chose to bring rasp and intense performance during a tour he was otherwise relatively disinterested in compared to 06-10.

The fact that so many people here completely ignore the obvious fact that it's a CHOICE on his part to either a) perform as close as possible to his heyday in terms of energy and vocals or b) phone it in whilst hiding behind gaudy outfits, hats and glasses for the entire tour is pretty irritating.

• Like 1

i just find it odd how he never sounds like he has any real vocal failures singing his high notes very raspy during one of the last songs of 2 hours of singing

I will give you that I think he has the ability right now to sing with rasp and power. He just has to push his voice to an uncomfortable level. You can hear a good voice come out when he pushes his vocals, but he lacks stamina and as weird as this will sound, practice with his vocals to feel comfortable going to 2010 levels of energy.

He might not be pushing his vocals on a few songs.

Atleast he's trying. He's trying and succeeding at times at putting rasp in paradise city. The last show in Vegas shows this. So he gets it, but I don't think he's letting his voice get to where he needs it. The guy has some of the best vocal chords in the history if music and nobody has stretched them as far as he has. To say he's done at age 50 would be a shame. He just needs to practice and work on it with a vocal coach!

Atleast he's trying. He's trying and succeeding at times at putting rasp in paradise city. The last show in Vegas shows this. So he gets it, but I don't think he's letting his voice get to where he needs it. The guy has some of the best vocal chords in the history if music and nobody has stretched them as far as he has. To say he's done at age 50 would be a shame. He just needs to practice and work on it with a vocal coach!

That's actually the 6th, I have no idea how you'd forget what date you went but yeah. The 7th was actually raspy throughout:

Edited by MrSoftie

http://youtu.be/Ze_6ftaLiNs

That's actually the 6th, I have no idea how you'd forget what date you went but yeah. The 7th was actually raspy throughout:

http://youtu.be/7GyDzjq4x7g

Thanks! I knew the last show had a fair amount of rasp. I guess they missed dated that video. It sounded a little cleaner than I remember. Glad Axl finished the show good though. I think they had to restart PC in the last show also. Something happened at the beginning.