What Are You Listening To 2015.

Zint

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

No cover even comes close to the original, often for 1 reason (well.... many reasons, but 1 in particular irks me): no one, I mean not one cover I've heard of this song has the short drum fill Cozy does at 1:05ish (and again later) in the song. That's a dealbreaker for me! Even the live versions that I've heard don't have it. Why does that detail get overlooked? Seriously, professional musicians have covered this song, and that details gets left out every single time.

/rant

I genuinely can't believe this..... a friend of mine today told me to go listen to some Heathen, never had before, and to be honest I didn't all that much like it. But on YouTube's related videos I noticed a track called, "Kill The King." Wasn't sure if it was a cover or not, checked it out... it is:

I don't particularly like the guitar tone here, I think it's definitely lower than Eb (sounds like D standard), and any lower than Eb is where I start to lose interest. But! The drummer does the correct fill! But he only does it pre-verse, and during the second chorus, but not the first chorus............ So close :(

Edited by OmarBradley

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

No cover even comes close to the original, often for 1 reason (well.... many reasons, but 1 in particular irks me): no one, I mean not one cover I've heard of this song has the short drum fill Cozy does at 1:05ish (and again later) in the song. That's a dealbreaker for me! Even the live versions that I've heard don't have it. Why does that detail get overlooked? Seriously, professional musicians have covered this song, and that details gets left out every single time.

/rant

I genuinely can't believe this..... a friend of mine today told me to go listen to some Heathen, never had before, and to be honest I didn't all that much like it. But on YouTube's related videos I noticed a track called, "Kill The King." Wasn't sure if it was a cover or not, checked it out... it is:

I don't particularly like the guitar tone here, I think it's definitely lower than Eb (sounds like D standard), and any lower than Eb is where I start to lose interest. But! The drummer does the correct fill! But he only does it pre-verse, and during the second chorus, but not the first chorus............ So close :(

yeah heathen is awesome and this is a good cover but yeah i can see your point, guess cozy is just one of a kind :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb9WGmpWw48

Edited by bran