Vodka...

Snake-Pit

I like Vodka.

Vodka absolutely sneaks up on me. I can take a ton of it down and think I'm fine, then all of a sudden I'm hammered. It's the strangest thing, but it's been like that for years and years.

I'm the same with bourbon, so I stay away from it.

I don't mind it, but I don't really prefer it to anything. Mid-summer, a big glass of dr pepper, smirnoff, ice and half cherries is awesome. Smirnoff, OJ and 7up is probably the only other vodka drink I'll make. The citrus rockstar vodka's aren't horrible either, but I don't drink them very often.

Smirnoff sucks. I got a bottle of it in college, it was so disgusting I couldn't finish it, had to take it to a party so it didn't go to waste.

Russian Standard and Pinnacle are my go-to vodkas - Pinnacle more for the flavored vodkas and Russian Standard for a traditional vodka. I've got a bottle of Grey Goose which I save for when smoothness is an important factor, like in a White Russian. And I got a bottle of Crystal Head for Christmas - haven't tried it yet though.

If you like Vodka you will love Crystal Head. According to Dan Akroyd it is additive free and, I can attest, it is smooth as silk. comes in a cool as hell bottle as well.

And it is distilled in Canada

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Head_Vodka

I'm of the firm belief that anybody who orders vodka on the rocks is just trying to look hard.

Or stupid.

You have whiskey on the rocks, scotch on the rocks... But vodka on the rocks? - 'that's not a drink', you're better off with shots of vodka.

Vodka on the rocks... never heard of such a thing.

I'm of the firm belief that anybody who orders vodka on the rocks is just trying to look hard.

Pardon my not really getting the social mores of drinking but whys that?
Cuz it's fuckin' minging! :lol:

What, ice?

If you have vodka on the rocks (if you're that sort of person), then it makes you look like you have to have it watered down for you, not hard at all.

What, ice?
Vodka. I mean it's not something you drink and savour for the taste is it? Reminds me of when I used to sneak some of my grandad's beer when I was about 5 and I'd be just trying not to grimace at the taste just to look like a big boy. :lol:

What, ice?

If you have vodka on the rocks (if you're that sort of person), then it makes you look like you have to have it watered down for you, not hard at all.

So then why does the equivalent not apply to whisky?

What, ice?
Vodka. I mean it's not something you drink and savour for the taste is it? Reminds me of when I used to sneak some of my grandad's beer when I was about 5 and I'd be just trying not to grimace at the taste just to look like a big boy. :lol:

Ah, gotcha :). I dunno, i dont savour the taste of none of it, i just bang it out. But no, that makes sense now. Maybe they just want it colder? :lol:

882_0.jpg

Drink in peace with Black Death Vodka! This vodka has had a tumultuous history. Developed in 1906 by the Sigurdsson family in Iceland, it stayed outside the spotlight for the next 80 years until Black Death Vodka won the gold medal at the London International Wine and Spirit Competition in 1987. And then came Slash who catapulted Black Death Vodka into stardom. The now US-based spirit is sweet and soft on the palate and comes in an iconic bottle that features the legendary smiling, top-hatted skull.

IMG_7237a.jpg

Cool pic

I don't care if that's JD in his hand.

russian-standard-original-175l.jpg

or

Stoli-1L_2.jpg

on the rocks.

Stoli isn't even Russian. Buncha hacks. Russian Standard really is the best. Not too smooth, not too rough.
I had Russian Standard for the first time on my first night in Russia a few years ago - it instantly became my favorite vodka. As soon as I got home from Europe I had to find somewhere to get it over here.

I'm tempted to go to a bar (my local Wetherspoons) and order a vodka on the rocks, just for the Hell of it, and see what looks (if any) I get.

Bad habit, subjecting my body to that just for a 'to see what happens' moment.

Am also now tempted to get a vodka with tonic and ice too, while I'm at it.

Might go after the gym though.

I like Vodka.

Add Kahlua and Creme/Milk and it's even better

Y'know what, screw it, I'm gonna try and get this on' @ my local Wetherspoons, after the gym.

My Polish friends pretty much turn their noses up at the idea of mixing vodka with anything. The stick the bottle in the freezer and then take shots of it chased with apple juice.

If you want to try vodka on the rocks it probably is best to do so with something a little better than Smirnoff which is basically shit.

I prefer to drink Vodka mixed with soda and a slice of lime. I usually stick with Russian Standard or Belvedere

• Like 1

Only a certain type of individual gets shitfaced on a Tuesday night :lol:

The Black Sheep Bar, Croydon's no longer here, but when it was, Tuesday night was one of their big nights, it went Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday... (For their big nights).

Gosh that place was cool, other Croydon clubs could suck one but the Black Sheep Bar nightclub was awesome! :)

Just came back, did what I said, went gym, stopped off in the Wetherspoons for a Vodka, Kahlua and Creme/Milk... and they didn't have Kahlua...

They had Tia Maria instead, and when I ordered my Vodka, Tia Maria & milk, they said 'a White Russian'... I was like 'Is that what they call it? I'll have one'

Had it, was nice, never had it before, I've heard of a White Russian, but never had one until 20 minutes ago, was nice :)

I had a white Russian tonight, and not in the literal sense, this time.

Blonde girls are hot.

Edited by Snake-Pit