how would you feel if Sebastian Bach was vr's singer?

mr. ritz88

I think they would suck Bach can only scream he can`t write Scott is ten times the frontman and songwriter Bach ever was or ever will be. He`s a generic hair metal screamer.

Bach is/was anything but generic, and as a frontman gets his crowd into every performance. You like Scott, yeah he's great, but dismissing Baz as a generic hair metal screamer when Skid only had a few songs you would classify as good times glam metal is dumb...they weren't Enuff Z'Nuff. Especially when Bach is still fronting songs hitting platinum status as Dada Life and Bach's "Born to Rage". That song is played everywhere. His last 3 solo albums have all been well received. A future incarnation of VR could do a lot worse than him.

It isn't 92 anymore, it doesn't make you sound hard to bash glam/pop metal and there's worse out there. There were excellent musicians in several of those bands. There were some shitty groups, but there are shitty groups in every genre. Most pop and hip-hop acts since the end of the 90s have been just as cheesy if not more so with more trite and embarrassing lyrics than the worst of the glam metallers came up with.

Oh, man, it`s so amusing to watch mulletheads get all worked up and pissy because they can`t stand when someone " bashes" 80`s cock rock they act like they` are being personally insulted. I don`t care if his last 3 albums were critically acclaimed I don`t like him and I won`t change my opinion because " music experts" tell me so.

Skid Row`s debut was a glam metal at it`s core "Slave To The Grind" was more Hard Rock I`ll give you that but still I don`t like them or Bach. If you like one or the other or even both good for you.

Edited by Dark Knight

I love the first two Skid Row albumsn he really had an amazing voice back then. His kickass cover of Back In The Saddle is pretty cool, not to mention that it showcases the best Axl vocals since..well, Spaghetti, pretty much. On stage, he's pretty fun.

But for the rest...I don't care for Baz's other material, I don't like his take on My Michelle during the 2006 GNR Tour, and while funny for a time, his "Duuuuuuuude" persona/attitude during interviews gets grating really, really fast.

Then again, I wasn't a fan of VR in terms of musical direction. I loved all the ones involved in this project (ibvsiously), but I found Contraband incredibly bland, and Libertad only a tad better. So I wouldn't especially want a VR reunion, or a new line-up for that matter, if it is to go in the same musical direction.

I love the first two Skid Row albumsn he really had an amazing voice back then. His kickass cover of Back In The Saddle is pretty cool, not to mention that it showcases the best Axl vocals since..well, Spaghetti, pretty much. On stage, he's pretty fun.

But for the rest...I don't care for Baz's other material, I don't like his take on My Michelle during the 2006 GNR Tour, and while funny for a time, his "Duuuuuuuude" persona/attitude during interviews gets grating really, really fast.

Then again, I wasn't a fan of VR in terms of musical direction. I loved all the ones involved in this project (ibvsiously), but I found Contraband incredibly bland, and Libertad only a tad better. So I wouldn't especially want a VR reunion, or a new line-up for that matter, if it is to go in the same musical direction.

I think VR had one really good album within the two albums they released. Dirty little thing, Get out the door, American man, Slither, Fall to pieces, Sucker train blues, Big Machine, Superhuman, Gravedancer, Set me free, The last stand, are all good / great songs.

I think they would suck Bach can only scream he can`t write Scott is ten times the frontman and songwriter Bach ever was or ever will be. He`s a generic hair metal screamer.

Bach is/was anything but generic, and as a frontman gets his crowd into every performance. You like Scott, yeah he's great, but dismissing Baz as a generic hair metal screamer when Skid only had a few songs you would classify as good times glam metal is dumb...they weren't Enuff Z'Nuff. Especially when Bach is still fronting songs hitting platinum status as Dada Life and Bach's "Born to Rage". That song is played everywhere. His last 3 solo albums have all been well received. A future incarnation of VR could do a lot worse than him.

It isn't 92 anymore, it doesn't make you sound hard to bash glam/pop metal and there's worse out there. There were excellent musicians in several of those bands. There were some shitty groups, but there are shitty groups in every genre. Most pop and hip-hop acts since the end of the 90s have been just as cheesy if not more so with more trite and embarrassing lyrics than the worst of the glam metallers came up with.

Great post.

Oh, man, it`s so amusing to watch mulletheads get all worked up and pissy because they can`t stand when someone " bashes" 80`s cock rock they act like they` are being personally insulted. I don`t care if his last 3 albums were critically acclaimed I don`t like him and I won`t change my opinion because " music experts" tell me so.

Skid Row`s debut was a glam metal at it`s core "Slave To The Grind" was more Hard Rock I`ll give you that but still I don`t like them or Bach. If you like one or the other or even both good for you.

Did some posts in here get deleted by the Mods, because I don't see anybody getting worked up or pissy.

You seem to be the only one who is getting worked up.

Why is this guy a "mullethead" because he likes a singer? What in his post seemed like he was angry or felt like he was personally insulted?

I haven't really noticed your posts until the last month or so, but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder and a really confrontational posting style any time somebody disagrees with you. Everything OK with you?

Great post.

Did some posts in here get deleted by the Mods, because I don't see anybody getting worked up or pissy.

You seem to be the only one who is getting worked up.

Why is this guy a "mullethead" because he likes a singer? What in his post seemed like he was angry or felt like he was personally insulted?

I haven't really noticed your posts until the last month or so, but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder and a really confrontational posting style any time somebody disagrees with you. Everything OK with you?

You have n`t noticed my posts ? holy shit, my life lost it`s meaning. You realise that I don`t need you to police me around old man don`t you ? Mind your own business.

Edited by Dark Knight

It would probably work. I like Bach.

That said though, I think I would rather hear Slash working with Elmo than him working with Myles. Slash is a great guitarist, but I hate most of his recent stuff because of Myles' voice. I prefer Axl with his worst voice to Myles.

Nah, it's that negativity is tiresome, especially when it is the same blanket negativity that ran out of steam well over a decade ago.

On SR's self titled debut, Can't Stand the Heartache is really the only cheeseball song, written by Rachel Bolan, probably to secure their record deal for a label that waned a more poppy tune to mix in with the album. Slave to the Grind and Subhuman Race are great hard rock/heavy metal albums.

Great posts in here Huskor. Skid Row was always more of a hard rock band than a hair band. And I've seen Bach several times live and he always puts on a great show. He would have been a great fit for VR. And much more stable and reliable than Scott was.

Lol Dark Knight. Took one response to remind me who you were. Thanks for the chuckle.

Edited by Apollo

Same here champ, if my posts hurt your sensitive feeelings then I suggest you to hit " report" button below my avatar.

Nah, it's that negativity is tiresome, especially when it is the same blanket negativity that ran out of steam well over a decade ago.

On SR's self titled debut, Can't Stand the Heartache is really the only cheeseball song, written by Rachel Bolan, probably to secure their record deal for a label that waned a more poppy tune to mix in with the album. Slave to the Grind and Subhuman Race are great hard rock/heavy metal albums.

I was n`t being negative, I simply expressed my opinion.

Same here champ, if my posts hurt your sensitive feeelings then I suggest you to hit " report" button below my avatar.

I was n`t being negative, I simply expressed my opinion.
Sorry Saber, you aren't sucking me in.

You might want to read the latest rules post though. Downzy is trying to get rid of the people who just antagonize others. They want the forum to be a place for all of us to chat about guns n roses and not a place for constant negativity, insults and fighting.

It's worth a read.

I think his lyrics are generally terrible, his voice is ok though. Did he write Monkey business? it's like a bunch of words strung together.

I know I've told this story before but I laugh because my friend hates him forever, he had front row tickets to Kiss and sat next to Bach, he said bach ruined the concert for him singing along in his left ear. Every time his name comes up he's like "Fuck him!"

• Like 1

I think his lyrics are generally terrible, his voice is ok though. Did he write Monkey business? it's like a bunch of words strung together.

I know I've told this story before but I laugh because my friend hates him forever, he had front row tickets to Kiss and sat next to Bach, he said bach ruined the concert for him singing along in his left ear. Every time his name comes up he's like "Fuck him!"

Monkey Business is credited to Bolan and Sabo.

Monkey Business is credited to Bolan and Sabo.

I think Bach is more known for his voice than his songwriting ability.

Luckily with VR he wouldn't have had to write much.

:lol: I'd never heard that story before, that's hilarious.

Although I personally couldn't care less about any of them, if there was a genuine opportunity for Bach to try out for them and he didn't because it would have meant going on the 'enemies list' then I think that's really shitty.

It's a moot point now though, isn't it? Slash's solo brand is way more lucrative for him now than if he dragged VR's carcass from its grave and had to split his big festival money way more evenly. And there's the possibility of Matt and Duff playing with Axl next time round.

I'll always respect Bach cause he was friends with Brockie and appeared in GWAR's Skullheadface movie.

I also think he kicked ass singing My Michelle with Axl in 06 (KROQ wasn't it? and Axl fucked it up on RAR?) and I liked the tunes Axl sang on from Angel Down.

My best mate at the time (90-91) was full on into Skid Row, I have never given a fuck about them or Bazza...I like him when he does/did stuff with GWAR and Axl though.

• 1 month later...