Would this EP tide you over until the next album?

Why is there a need for a stop gap after 7 years? After 7 years, there should be ALBUMS worth of material to release not some 4 song ep of 15 year old songs. And these albums should be of songs that have been written in the last few years, not bullshit hyped songs like The General that for some reason fans think is a masterpiece based on the title alone! And how long is this stop gap for? A new album would then be released a month later? 2 months later? Of course not. There would be no new album. It would just cause fans to think there was a new album imminent when instead, Axl would then do the Chinese Democracy EP tour for the next 8 years.

Great point, I'd take an EP but since 2008 we want a full 12-15 track album

Why is there a need for a stop gap after 7 years? After 7 years, there should be ALBUMS worth of material to release not some 4 song ep of 15 year old songs. And these albums should be of songs that have been written in the last few years, not bullshit hyped songs like The General that for some reason fans think is a masterpiece based on the title alone! And how long is this stop gap for? A new album would then be released a month later? 2 months later? Of course not. There would be no new album. It would just cause fans to think there was a new album imminent when instead, Axl would then do the Chinese Democracy EP tour for the next 8 years.

I think Axl's intention is just to release the second half of Chinese plus maybe the remix album as a bonus. He talked about an album that is "done" and a remix album that is also finished.

The logical guess to be made here is that he'll talk about things he's planning to release so I'd say he'd just stick to a full album consisting of mainly the unreleased Chinese stuff.

The General is the song I want the most

Why? You don't know what it sounds like. Building this type of hype is what sank Chinese Democracy into a shithole.

I'm not trying to call you out, I'm just using your post as reference.

Becouse the intro sounds really good and well its new music

We don't know that intro is a part of The General. We have no confirmation of this. It's possible.

Still not much to go by, or enough for me personally to say that is the song I want to hear the most out of a bunch of titles and nothing else.

At least Jackie Chan is a small taste. Like that I.R.S leak years ago.

I think the best thing for Guns to do right now is to drop the CD remix record possibly grouped with a CD rerelease with all the correct artwork and liner notes. Axl should go in there and tell the record execs and marketing team that they better do it right this time too. Then get behind the deluxe reiusse with a full scale world tour somewhere between 12-18 months long. This would also have the added benefit of allowing them another few years after the touring ends to decide what to do for the next record. There is plenty of time for new music down the road and I think Chinese deserves another go-round.

I think the best thing for Guns to do right now is to drop the CD remix record possibly grouped with a CD rerelease with all the correct artwork and liner notes. Axl should go in there and tell the record execs and marketing team that they better do it right this time too. Then get behind the deluxe reiusse with a full scale world tour somewhere between 12-18 months long. This would also have the added benefit of allowing them another few years after the touring ends to decide what to do for the next record. There is plenty of time for new music down the road and I think Chinese deserves another go-round.

But CD ll is done and we only have 15 songs from new Guns officially released. Chinese got 6 years. It's time to move forward.

Axl has at least 18 songs ready to go.

Edited by Rovim

I think Axl's intention is just to release the second half of Chinese plus maybe the remix album as a bonus. He talked about an album that is "done" and a remix album that is also finished.

The logical guess to be made here is that he'll talk about things he's planning to release so I'd say he'd just stick to a full album consisting of mainly the unreleased Chinese stuff.

But that isn't what the OP posed? Can't remember actually reading the first but not every thread has to descend into fuck Axl, no record in 8 years, this band is a brand, Slash quit GNR because Axl was being a tool etc etc.

Chinese Democracy II rule the world.

With millions of dollars poured into the last album by the record company it still took many years to complete the album. What do you expect now with no real backing from the record company? I don't think anything, not even an EP is coming any time soon. Everything points out that Axl has let everybody in the group go (considering their solo activity), he is giving away platinum disks to friends, everything smells like retirement.

Edited by vancata

But CD ll is done and we only have 15 songs from new Guns officially released. Chinese got 6 years. It's time to move forward.

The remix record is a step forward. No need to rush things. I think 8-12 years between records is reasonable all things considered. Release a deluxe reiusse with the remix record and maybe a bonus song or some alt takes and you've got enough to tide the fanbase over. Plus Chinese still has some life left in it. I figure a deluxe package like that will give them at least another 3-5 years to start getting serious about the next record. Not to metnion, this also gives any potential new members the time to master the catalog and itegrate themselves into the creative process of the band.

Edited by Mr. Dude

The remix record is a step forward. No need to rush things. I think 8-12 years between records is reasonable all things considered. Release a deluxe reiusse with the remix record and maybe a bonus song or some alt takes and you've got enough to tide the fanbase over. Plus Chinese still has some life left in it. I figure a deluxe package like that will give them at least another 3-5 years to start getting serious about the next record.

I hope you're joking, cause that was the most horrid opinion possible on this matter. A remix album is not enough at this point. We're ready for part 2.

Edited by Rovim

The remix record is a step forward. No need to rush things. I think 8-12 years between records is reasonable all things considered. Release a deluxe reiusse with the remix record and maybe a bonus song or some alt takes and you've got enough to tide the fanbase over. Plus Chinese still has some life left in it. I figure a deluxe package like that will give them at least another 3-5 years to start getting serious about the next record.

I hope you're joking, cause that was the most horrid opinion possible on this matter. A remix album is not enough at this point. We're ready for part 2.

If you don't like Chinese I can see how you'd feel that way.

If you don't like Chinese I can see how you'd feel that way.

:jerkoff::jerkoff::jerkoff:

I'll take anything at this point. I think the main thing is though, as someone recently mentioned in another thread, we know that there is unreleased stuff 'in the can' and that is why people are mainly frustrated. It's not like they have to write anything from scratch.

The only way I want to see a remix album is if it's a bonus disc with a new album. I've always felt a remix album was a terrible idea, honestly what band does remixes? Not any band I like, that's for sure. I've never heard Jimmy Page say "let's remix physical graffiti"....

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Why would Axl re-release Chinese Democracy if you can still find first print copies for 99 cents at your local Dollar Tree? Continuing to promote that album is pointless, I don't know how Axl fans don't see that.

Realizing that Axl moves in so mysterious ways that to him it might be entirely reasonable to re-release CD with perhaps minor changes so that it finally is in alignment with his vision, doesn't mean you are an "Axl fan" or that you approve of this, just that you know how absurd Axl is prone to behave.

Could you please stop taking any opportunity to mock fans of Axl? I don't feel targeted just exasperated by such juvenile behaviour.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

Why would Axl re-release Chinese Democracy if you can still find first print copies for 99 cents at your local Dollar Tree? Continuing to promote that album is pointless

^^^ I totally agree with this.

I don't know how Axl fans don't see that.

^^^ I just don't understand why do you insist in this ...

On what I insist?

I didn't saw SoulMonster's post when I did my last post.

He says it all. Read it.

Who?

Are you using the ignore feature? :lol:

Why would Axl re-release Chinese Democracy if you can still find first print copies for 99 cents at your local Dollar Tree? Continuing to promote that album is pointless, I don't know how Axl fans don't see that.

Realizing that Axl moves in so mysterious ways that to him it might be entirely reasonable to re-release CD with perhaps minor changes so that it finally is in alignment with his vision, doesn't mean you are an "Axl fan" or that you approve of this, just that you know how absurd Axl is prone to behave.

Could you please stop taking any opportunity to mock fans of Axl? I don't feel targeted just exasperated by such juvenile behaviour.

On what I insist?

I didn't saw SoulMonster's post when I did my last post.

He says it all. Read it.

Who?

Are you using the ignore feature? :lol:

I'm not mocking anyone, not saying I never have but, it is Axl fans who consider the CD re-release as a realistic scenario, and as something they want to happen. I just think that's pointless.

If you're unable to tell me what I am insisting on, then please refrain from quoting me with nonsense.

Maybe I'm missing something.

Who do you consider as Axl's fans?

It is stated in my last post. Those who are discussing the possibility of a re-release of Chinese Democracy plus CD Remix album as an add-on. It's pointless to think that could happen, when 1. Chinese Democracy is 7 years old. 2. Considering that it seems that the CD era for Axl is finally over (i.e. those platinum albums he sent to everyone involved with CD).

Axl might want to put out an amended booklet for CD, putting out a Deluxe Edition with Remixes-alt versions wouldn't be strange in the industry. So maybe. I feel like re release CD with remix disc and put out CD II. Then have a triple cd package so we can get crazy.