The vicious cycle

Could the new album be released without tweaking? Or are the songs in the vault outdated?

When making CD Axl said they first tried with old style Gn'R songs, but they felt old. Then over the years the endless delays and tweaking means they're kind of always behind the times. Then the vicious cycle starts all over again. IMO they were trying hard for a contemporary sound on CD even though much of the inspiration were from 70s rock bands.

Or is the whole rock genre already so dated it doesn't matter anymore?

Ya I would love to be proven wrong by getting a new album, but at this point, it seems like gnr is done. As I've said before, a reunion is all that is left. Sure a New album would be great, and another round of touring. But will Axl actually ever release an album full of Buckethead and Finck guitars with them no longer in the band? I feel like the record company will give him the same kind of Shit they did with the CD release, except with lower expectations. Therefore I have little to no faith in ever getting another nugnr release. A reunion album would be possible, with songs they all brought to the table, But that's about it...

Well, if there was any cycle, it clearly ended with Chinese Democracy. Axl is done, not the new album.

Nothing ended. Axl still makes money touring as Gn'R. Axl still got a finished album that he showed interest in releasing. Just because Gn'R took some time off doesn't mean shit.

You think he won't tour south america again? lol.

Even Axl can't tour with no new material forever, and that's where the money's at. Besides, I believe he will release the second half of his 10 year project. It will be insane not to. :awesomeface:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Well, if there was any cycle, it clearly ended with Chinese Democracy. Axl is done, not the new album.

Nothing ended. Axl still makes money touring as Gn'R. Axl still got a finished album that he showed interest in releasing. Just because Gn'R took some time off doesn't mean shit.

Even Axl can't tour with no new material forever, and that's where the money's at. Besides, I believe he will release the second half of his 10 year project. It will be insane not to. :awesomeface:

This raises the question would a new album actually mean bigger audiences for their tour?

This raises the question would a new album actually mean bigger audiences for their tour?

No, it will just be a damn good reason to keep milking what's left of his fan base by playing mostly old Guns material. (there's nothing wrong with that)

No, it will just be a damn good reason to keep milking what's left of his fan base by playing mostly old Guns material. (there's nothing wrong with that)

They can't tour without new material yet the crowds would remain the same if they released new music?

They can't tour without new material yet the crowds would remain the same if they released new music?

It's enough of a reason for the people who care about new Guns material to come see him again. A way for him to keep what he has now.

Those who come to see a Guns show just for the old Guns hits are not relevent to this discussion cause a new album is not gonna change their decision to go see a show anyway so it relies mainly on nostalgia factors, on how much those fans want to basically see and hear Axl live. And Dizzy Reed.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Axl said once that he thinks the energy of the band should be on the record. That's prob why he added Bumble or Frank parts. To just have Ron covering Bucket wasn't enough.

Mi Amor Berlin

Ballad Of The General

It's Six:AM Somewhere

Seven

Ashba Swagged

Addiction To The Friction (quick song)

No One Asked Frank

I´m afraid GN´R are not The Rolling Stones. One thing is Jagger, Richards and Watts. Well we could add Ronnie Wood since the guy has been a member for 40 years. They also have a much bigger catalogue so besides the hits they can add songs from their many albums to shake up the set list.

We don´t have GN´R. We have Axl singing like Mickey Mouse and a revolving door band members. BBF saying the reign of doom is over, Tommy saying he is out of the loop and DJ saying there won´t be any tour. And he is just hoping it is not the end. We don´t know if Axl has a couple of complete albums in The Vault. It is possible he has only tapes and files with melodies or mere riffs, some with vocals and some with nothing. At this point there is no enough evidence that The General or Soul Monster are finished songs ready to be released.

Axl might end up doing something but it´s far from being a sure thing

Axl has said CD II is already recorded. That's why the band isn't going to go into studio to record new stuff.

When he said that? The last time Axl said something about it his answer was that he was going to look very seriously in that regard.

Axl has said CD II is already recorded. That's why the band isn't going to go into studio to record new stuff.

When he said that? The last time Axl said something about it his answer was that he was going to look very seriously in that regard.

Axl said CD ll was done and the remix album also ready to go in an interview he gave to Revolver I believe.

Edited by Rovim

Axl said CD ll was done and the remix album also ready to go in an interview he gave to Revolver I believe.

He then said they were going to look at what to do with those records.

In 2001 he said the band was working on other albums besides CD.In that Revolver interview it was when he said he was gonna look seriously in that regard. What gurantee is that? Before that he has said "definite maybe" Those kind of answers mean nothing.

In 2001 he said the band was working on other albums besides CD.In that Revolver interview it was when he said he was gonna look seriously in that regard. What gurantee is that? Before that he has said "definite maybe" Those kind of answers mean nothing.

There is no promise here. That's the point. He doesn't want to commit to anything, so there won't be another shitstorm if it gets delayed or plans change as they often do for Axl.

So he's showing interest in getting it out, trying maybe to at least put it out there that it's done. It's just a way to protect himself I guess. Not giving away too much information until the very last moment when he's got everything worked out.

Edited by Rovim

There is no promise here. That's the point. He doesn't want to commit to anything, so there won't be another shitstorm if it gets delayed or plans change as they often do for Axl.

So he's showing interest in getting it out, trying maybe to at least putting it out there that it's done. It's just a way to protect himself I guess. Not giving away too much information until the very last moment when he's got everything worked out.

If he would´ve said he would do everything in his power to get the more albums out, then I would agree with you. But that´s not what he said. Besides there is no band either now. If you look at what DJ has said recently he didn´t sound very optimistic

If he would´ve said he would do everything in his power to get the more albums out, then I would agree with you. But that´s not what he said. Besides there is no band either now. If you look at what DJ has said recently he didn´t sound very optimistic

I think his intentions are misunderstood. What's on the menu is CD ll and the remix album. Those two are done according to him.

The missing part is the work he needs to do to get it released and I think it'll take time, but he'll get there cause without CD ll out, everything he worked on will be for nothing.

He needs to release the second half and with enough time he'll find a way to make it happen imo. Could be 2020, who the fuck knows? I just think it's coming.

The model seems to be 8 to 10 years between releases now. (not based on anything)

Edited by Rovim