Slash's New Album - Conspirators III

Slash2baz

Soooo, now what? With the whole news of Slash and Axl being friends again, I do not want to read a bunch of interviews, during the album hype period, where people will just keep asking if there's going to a reunion, reunion, and blah blah blah..... Seems like it would downplay a lot of things regarding the Conspirators (and this is a good group of guys that do not deserve to get downplayed).

Edited by Anguyen92

Soooo, now what? With the whole news of Slash and Axl being friends again, I do not want to read a bunch of interviews, during the album hype period, where people will just keep asking if there's going to a reunion, reunion, and blah blah blah..... Seems like it would downplay a lot of things regarding the Conspirators (and this is a good group of guys that do not deserve to get downplayed).

It will downplay nothing, Slash will record the new Conspirators album in the spring, then touring the world after. + producing his new horror movie. He is not done touring World on Fire yet ! :lol:

2016 will be a busy year for Slash's projects don't worry. ;)

• Like 1

Yep its gonna happen you could see it around a year ago when guns n roses fb page started posting concerts from the 90s and slash praise axl up in the loudwire interview duff saying how hed love a reuion I could go on

Edited by Gibbo 27
  • Like 1

lol you guys are funny ! :lol:

You better focus on Slash's new album with Conspirators. ;)

I know slash wouldn't dump them guys I just think at same stage he'll do something with axl it might be just a guess spot with duff and Izzy it's not gonna be tomorrow but maybe in a couple of years

Edited by Gibbo 27

lol you guys are funny ! :lol:

You better focus on Slash's new album with Conspirators. ;)

Do you have any idea if Slash will do the episodic thing with the making of Conspirators lll like world on fire leading to it's release? and if so, giving the 2016 release, when can we expect to see it? hopefully soon.

Guys, Slash has not even finished the WOF tour this year and you ask me to give you a date for the new album ? :P
Honestly i don't have the answer about a making of the record but i bet he will do another one like he did in the past.
Conspirators will record the new album in the spring so i think we could expect a release in September or maybe xmas 2016.
I guess we won't see nothing about the new album before early 2016. Slash has to finish the WOF tour first. ;)

Guys, Slash has not even finished the WOF tour this year and you ask me to give you a date for the new album ? :P

Honestly i don't have the answer about a making of the record but i bet he will do another one like he did in the past.

Conspirators will record the new album in the spring so i think we could expect a release in September or maybe xmas 2016.

I guess we won't see nothing about the new album before early 2016. Slash has to finish the WOF tour first. ;)

I wish he'd pull his finger out :sleeper::awesomeface:

• Like 1

^^ Well, if we're all being honest here, I'm feeling like this band has somewhat ran its course as well. Heck, this is probably the reason why I feel like I'm opting to not go to any of their three shows in SoCal during the fall tour. I mean, sure, they will probably deliver a great performance and the World on Fire songs will be great to hear live (some of it I didn't hear last year, since the show was only a month before the album was out), but other than that, there probably wouldn't be anything else that they can offer that can really interest me as oppose to an Alter Bridge show or the idea of a Myles solo show.

This is what happens when you release albums and do big tours on an other-annual basis. Another mistake, I feel like they've made, was that they were playing You Could be Mine (a song I just could not care about at all in the first place, even before this solo band was formed) on a regular basis now, including festivals. It just means that a song slot for something that could peak my interest (A Slashpit song or something from the Slash album, other than the usual songs there, or maybe an obscure VR song that could surprisingly intrigue me) is out of the picture.and I rather have that over stuff like You Could Be Mine or the Extended Rocket Queen solo.

Just my two cents here.

Edited by Anguyen92

^^ Well, if we're all being honest here, I'm feeling like this band has somewhat ran its course as well. Heck, this is probably the reason why I feel like I'm opting to not go to any of their three shows in SoCal during the fall tour. I mean, sure, they will probably deliver a great performance and the World on Fire songs will be great to hear live (some of it I didn't hear last year, since the show was only a month before the album was out), but other than that, there probably wouldn't be anything else that they can offer that can really interest me as oppose to an Alter Bridge show or the idea of a Myles solo show.

This is what happens when you release albums and do big tours on an other-annual basis. Another mistake, I feel like they've made, was that they were playing You Could be Mine (a song I just could not care about at all in the first place, even before this solo band was formed) on a regular basis now, including festivals. It just means that a song slot for something that could peak my interest (A Slashpit song or something from the Slash album, other than the usual songs there, or maybe an obscure VR song that could surprisingly intrigue me) is out of the picture.and I rather have that over stuff like You Could Be Mine or the Extended Rocket Queen solo.

Just my two cents here.

Aside from Anastasia, the Guns songs are the highlight for me.. Rocket Queen right at the top.. I just can't do Myles anymore... Slash is playing as good as ever and I love the fact that he is himself again and we get to see him do blues jams and extended solos again.. I will go see him live every time for that. That is something we just didn't get in VR shows for the most part. I just can't see myself purchasing anything else with Myles on it. I just got the Roxy show on CD.. It has it's moments but after two listens I am done with it.

But like you, I kind of feel like it has run it's course as well. Just for different reasons.

Edited by Tom-Ass

Personally, I hope on future tours that some of the staples are given a rest - You're a Lie, Anastasia, Halo, Alibi, maybe even Cali and Starlight.

I loved AL but am not so keen on WoF and, while it's understandable, it disappoints me to see so many WoF tracks every night. Would love a few appearances for Apocalyptic Love (which I think would have been a good opener on the last tour), One Last Thrill and We Will Roam (only played live 5 times according to setlist.fm). Promise and I Hold On from the S/T would be nice as well.

And going further back to Snakepit/VR - Let It Roll was only done a few times but I think could have worked well. Serial Killer was awesome with Myles. So was Speed Parade. Would also love to see his take on Back & Forth Again but it's probably not likely to happen at this juncture.

I don't think they've run their course. There was an evolution from AL to WOF imo.

I think they are in the best place they've ever been as a band. A harder version of an Aerosmith type album with killer riffs and great solos sounds good to me.

Myles can definitely step up his game in the lyrics department. If the lyrics won't be horrid, and the album is inspired, it could be great.

A lot of people really love Wicked Stone and I think it's another proof Slash can come up with great shit.

But for me, and I know this is not really a popular opinion, Safari Inn is one of the best things Slash has done recently. I liked it right away, but I've known those licks and it didn't seem like it was totally a fresh thing and Slash has done Watch This already.

After a few more listens I realized it's a classic. It has a jazzy/Jeff Beck thing with the riffs and leads at the beginning, but then Slash holds my attention for 3 minutes, and it always developes to several peaks until it perfectly comes back to the main riff.

Think Wasted said something like only Slash can do that thing he does in Safari Inn. That's the ingredient that can't be replaced. Never lost the ability to see a few bars into the future like someone said a long time ago.

Safari Inn has something that Anastasia lack. It always moves forward and the direction is clear and fresh compared to Anastasia's double talkin' jive extended version feel.

Edited by Rovim

Slash feat. Myles and the Conspirators is still the same concept as Slash's Snakepit was - a solo project, this time in colaboration with a top singer but still it's a solo project. I don't think it'll become mainstream and I feel that Slash wants to be part of a huge band again, like GN'R / VR was; just a thought tough.

• Like 1

Slash wants back in GN'R for long, that's why he showed up with guitar in hand once ready to joing them onstage for a jam. I don't see why he wouldn't want it - good money, good music, the fans would love it, everything says yes except for the regrtable things that were said and done by both camps.

Slash runs Slash feat. Myles Kenedy and the Conspirators - it's like runing a small company, the record needs to be funded, the musicians need to paid, the touring needs to be profitable,... I think that's all on Slash's shoulders.

Even VR made it big on the first record but the second record was a comercial disaster; they even canceled a European tour because they would loose money. Rejoining GN'R would be good for everyone but things can't be erased.

Anyway it's great that Slash keeps runing the Myles & Conspirators project, it's because they're successfull enough to keep doing it.

Guys, Slash is VERY happy with The Conspirators, love them or hate them. Like he said before, he's probably enjoying himself more now than back in the old days when he started.
He loves working with Myles Kennedy right now (sorry for the haters) and won't stop working with him. Conspirators are getting bigger and bigger everytime they tour in Europe, lots of fans like the band which is cool.
So i doubt Slash wants to go back in GnR so bad. ;)

• Like 3

TBH I doub't there would be any GNR reunion soon, Slash is happy in what he is doing and Axl is happy in what he is doing.

Slash is working with Myles and the band and they are actually working pretty hard and are rehearsing and all, so I guess Slash's first priority will be the album with Myles and the gang.

As for Axl, I have no idea what he is been up to.

IF both of them have actually talked, then its really good, as a Fan I really want a reunion, but some people are just getting their hopes up too high.

I am a huge Slash fan.. I have every album/DVD he has released since leaving Guns and then some.. I never miss a tour.. I just agree that this project has run it's course and for me it is just Myles voice.. I have been sticking up for the guy the whole time on the forums and in the real world. I had the Roxy show in my car and my buddy that goes to all the shows with me just blurted out "I can't stand Myles Kennedy, he sounds like a whiny little bitch.. I just like to hear Slash rip". That may have been a bit harsh but I know other Guns fans that I tried to show Slash's solo stuff and they couldn't take his voice either. I am just being honest with myself now.. I don't like it either.. I mean he sounds good on some songs.. I think he sounds great on songs like Back From Cali, Bent To Fly and Anastasia but he just cannot sustain it for an entire album. I liked World On Fire and Listened to it for a month straight but it wasn't because of Myles. I'm done.. I will listen to the next one online before buying it and most likely just buy one or two songs on Itunes,

• Like 1