Slash's New Album - Conspirators III

Slash2baz

More stuff like Beneath The Savage Sun, The Unholy, Not For Me, Anastasia, Wicked Stone.... Less stuff like Avalon, Bad Rain, Iris Of The Storm. Automatic Overdrive.

I agree with all of that, except Automatic Overdrive, I like that song a lot. Agreed about the rest though. Slash needs to start playing heavy, Nothing to Say and BTSS showed that he can do it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

11 songs all at least 7 minutes with Slash melting extended solo's - Myles screaming hitting his highest notes possilble- Dammit thumping the bass and killing the harmony vocals with Myles- Brent double kicking the drums and pounding hard on the skins- Make this album the heaviest thing Slash and the rest of the band has ever did - Lots of wah - wah- - whammy bar and shredding solos mixed with the always bluesy leads and a melodic long solo to the only ballad- Make this the jam album of 2016 - This band is just pushing the needle on how good they are gonna be together ! #cant wait

I want a instrumental that is at least 7 minutes long =PURE SLASH

Edited by iceman51999
  • Like 1

A more focused album would be great. 10 cool tunes with no filler at all. The length of a song is irrelevant to me. Whatever time it takes to express the ideas that form the song is what it should be.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

I've heard news riffs... it sounds fn' amazing. But at this point there's no new song finished just riff ideas. :headbang:

Man, Slash must have some trust in you when you have the privilege to hear new music by this point!

But I have to say riffs weren't never the problem with Slash's music :lol:

Edited by Free Bird

More stuff like Beneath The Savage Sun, The Unholy, Not For Me, Anastasia, Wicked Stone.... Less stuff like Avalon, Bad Rain, Iris Of The Storm. Automatic Overdrive.

I agree with all of that, except Automatic Overdrive, I like that song a lot. Agreed about the rest though. Slash needs to start playing heavy, Nothing to Say and BTSS showed that he can do it.

Agree and disagree. He does need more stuff like Beneath, Anastasia, Wicked Stone. But the Unholy isn't THAT great (its good, but I don't ever think it reaches the heights he intended it to), and stuff like Avalon and Automatic Overdrive are really great. So to lump those in with Bad Rain and Iris Of The Storm (IMO the weakest songs on their respective albums) I think is definitely wrong. He needs those fast short rockers to mix with the Anastasias. Slash has said himself Avalon is one of his favorites.

And as much as I love World On Fire, I have to agree with Rovim that a 10 song record thats all the BEST stuff would be the priority. He's done well with great albums, but between the last 2 there's an incredible 10 song record there and it is really cool to think about the album thats entirely trimmed of fat and is just a nonstop listen every single time. Thats what the classic 70s album are he and we all grew up on.

• Like 1

Agree and disagree. He does need more stuff like Beneath, Anastasia, Wicked Stone. But the Unholy isn't THAT great (its good, but I don't ever think it reaches the heights he intended it to), and stuff like Avalon and Automatic Overdrive are really great. So to lump those in with Bad Rain and Iris Of The Storm (IMO the weakest songs on their respective albums) I think is definitely wrong. He needs those fast short rockers to mix with the Anastasias. Slash has said himself Avalon is one of his favorites.

And as much as I love World On Fire, I have to agree with Rovim that a 10 song record thats all the BEST stuff would be the priority. He's done well with great albums, but between the last 2 there's an incredible 10 song record there and it is really cool to think about the album thats entirely trimmed of fat and is just a nonstop listen every single time. Thats what the classic 70s album are he and we all grew up on.

So, out of curiousity, if you had to make a ten tracks album out of AL/WOF what would it be??

World on Fire had something for every one, each of the 17 tracks out there has a sizeable number of people who like them. It's like the UYIs, you can find someone who hates the songs you love and loves the songs you hate, so it's hard to argue how it should have been cut down.

World on Fire had something for every one, each of the 17 tracks out there has a sizeable number of people who like them. It's like the UYIs, you can find someone who hates the songs you love and loves the songs you hate, so it's hard to argue how it should have been cut down.

Like I've said: it would be great to have only 10 songs on the next album now, after we've got a 17 song thing, with the advantages and disadvantages of a long record.

Slash has tried a bunch of approaches like his first solo album and the different singers, and WOF.

It seems logical to make it more focused with more work maybe invested in less songs that will make the final cut and in turn will hopefully make the album stronger.

• Like 1

So, out of curiousity, if you had to make a ten tracks album out of AL/WOF what would it be??

Its very hard, cause as I said they are both very good and everyone has different favorites. But if I had to narrow it down my top ten would be:

1. Apocalyptic Love

2. One Last Thrill or Hard And Fast (tie, so pick your favorite fast song)

3. Shots Fired

4. Anastasia

5. Not For Me

6. World On Fire

7. Wicked Stone

8. 30 Years To Life

9. Beneath The Savage Sun

10. Withered Delilah or Avalon (kind of a cheat but I couldn't pick)

If I could bring the album up to 12-13 (in addition to the ones I put doubles for), I'd also include:

11. Halo

12. Automatic Overdrive

13. Stone Blind

Personally I think its really hard to do, because then that cuts out most of the mellower tracks, which I do think are needed at times, and even narrowing it down still cuts out some amazing songs, even when I bumped 10 to 15 essentially. So I don't fault what they are doing, and I guess giving us more is better than a shorter album where everything (realistically) won't be incredible.

Its very hard, cause as I said they are both very good and everyone has different favorites. But if I had to narrow it down my top ten would be:

1. Apocalyptic Love

2. One Last Thrill or Hard And Fast (tie, so pick your favorite fast song)

3. Shots Fired

4. Anastasia

5. Not For Me

6. World On Fire

7. Wicked Stone

8. 30 Years To Life

9. Beneath The Savage Sun

10. Withered Delilah or Avalon (kind of a cheat but I couldn't pick)

If I could bring the album up to 12-13 (in addition to the ones I put doubles for), I'd also include:

11. Halo

12. Automatic Overdrive

13. Stone Blind

Personally I think its really hard to do, because then that cuts out most of the mellower tracks, which I do think are needed at times, and even narrowing it down still cuts out some amazing songs, even when I bumped 10 to 15 essentially. So I don't fault what they are doing, and I guess giving us more is better than a shorter album where everything (realistically) won't be incredible.

Pretty solid choices for the first ten (not too fussed on tracks 11, 12, 13). If you added The Unholy to your list I'd say it was a pretty awesome album.

• Like 1

I've heard news riffs... it sounds fn' amazing. But at this point there's no new song finished just riff ideas. :headbang:

Man, Slash must have some trust in you when you have the privilege to hear new music by this point!

No big deal guys, the band always plays new stuff during soundchecks on this leg. ;)

No big deal guys, the band always plays new stuff during soundchecks on this leg. ;)

I see, then it's not guaranteed that what you heard will be included in the new album. I guess we will see next year.

I see, then it's not guaranteed that what you heard will be included in the new album. I guess we will see next year.

yes ! honestly the riff i've heard, quite sure it will end up on the album... we'll see.

They said "riff" cause there's not structure in the song but it was like verse / chorus / solo.

I fogot to ask him if he'll do the soundtrack for his new movie !

I have met Slash and it was awesome to meet him, but in the future the only way to meet Slash will be through Slash2Baz, really man you are lucky, pluss you have worked really hard so you really deserve it

I have met Slash and it was awesome to meet him, but in the future the only way to meet Slash will be through Slash2Baz, really man you are lucky, pluss you have worked really hard so you really deserve it

man, i'm just a fan. That's it. ;)

On this part of the leg, i met some real cool fans from around the globe (from Japan to the US); that was fn' amazing !

Slash is a fn' machine, he's never tired but the road crew...oh boy they're so happy to fly back home today ! :lol:

• Like 1

man, i'm just a fan. That's it. ;)

On this part of the leg, i met some real cool fans from around the globe (from Japan to the US); that was fn' amazing !

Slash is a fn' machine, he's never tired but the road crew...oh boy they're so happy to fly back home today ! :lol:

Any idea why Slash doesnt do Meet and Greets? like I had a chance to meet him after the show in Berlin and he was nice to all the fans and pretty humble, even though the security dint allow to take a pic with him, but I got a pic with Myles and others, you are the famous Slash2Baz so you can meet him anytime lol, but it would be great if he did meet and greets for like 30 people or so like how so other bands do