Chinese Democracy review posted - "new classic album"

Its not as easy as it seems to you guys thinking you can remain an original member in a band, own the rights, the whole music industry has changed, conquer the world without any hurdles, problems, Chinese Democracy selling 50 Million copies in its first week, trying to appeal to 18-34 demographic even when your in your late forties, now early fifties. Being leader, we have no fucking idea what's like to be Axl in this position, every decision you make effects every facet of every fucking thing, its too much to deal with almost, and in the end your completely alone with it all. This is the course he has chosen. Like it or lump it.

:lol: You make it sound like he was burdened with an impossible task. One that no mere mortal could ever undertake but alas the mighty Axl Rose did it despite all odds. Despite it being too much and despite being all alone our hero has triumphed in the face of enormous adversity. All hail Axl Rose!

To me some music is headphones.

Like CD or Rons new album, Faith no More. Korn. Manson. headphones.

Black n Blue, the White album, The Doors, Neil Young, Eagles stereo, LDR, Paoblo Nutini stereo.

This is an excellent point. When I hear CD playing I wish I was wearing noise-cancelling headphones too.

I'm just thankful somebody kept the GnR name alive. No matter how butthurt you guys get over it.

Yeah cause without Axl's fake GnR keeping the name alive, we'd have all forgotten about one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Radio probably would've stopped playing classic GnR too if it hadn't been for Axl's incredible efforts to keep the name alive.

This may cause some butt hurt for you wkuk04 because, well the truth hurts but the thing is the GnR name would actually be more respected had Axl just shut it down in 1995. He's actually done more harm to the name than good. Because of Axl Rose many people view GnR as a joke and a now shitty band. At least you're thankful for it.

I'm just thankful somebody kept the GnR name alive. No matter how butthurt you guys get over it.

Yeah cause the name Led Zeppelin and The Beatles are pretty dead, I wish Robert Plant and Paul McCartney hired random people and took 14 years to make an Album, then only they could keep those name alive cause no one even knows who the hell are The Beatles and Led Zeppelin

Your the guys constantly in the Chinese Democracy discussion threads talking nonsense and your agendas rink of the same shit your constantly spewing out your mouths. Negative..negative..all the time.

Gunner PT likes this comment

Its not as easy as it seems to you guys thinking you can remain an original member in a band, own the rights, the whole music industry has changed, conquer the world without any hurdles, problems, Chinese Democracy selling 50 Million copies in its first week, trying to appeal to 18-34 demographic even when your in your late forties, now early fifties. Being leader, we have no fucking idea what's like to be Axl in this position, every decision you make effects every facet of every fucking thing, its too much to deal with almost, and in the end your completely alone with it all. This is the course he has chosen. Like it or lump it.

:facepalm:

Yet somehow, every other band is able to do what Axl isn't able to do - even without a 14-million dollar budget.

WK, I realize you worship everything that Axl does. Cool, you are one of those types of fans. Good for you. I used to be in your boat when I was much younger. Nobody on here - even the "haters" - care that you love CD so much. I'm glad that you do, as it's my favorite album of the last decade.

What people get annoyed by is how you twist facts into some weird ways to defend everything that Axl does and you always have a negative comment about anything that Slash does.

All Axl has to do is write, record and release ROCK music. You make it sound like he is a military leader or doctor and that people's lives are held in the balance of every decision he makes. He is a ROCK singer, dude, nothing more. His decisions effect members of his band financially - and that's it. These guys, except maybe Dizzy, are all much richer than you or I.

Axl had 13 years and 14-million dollars to put out ONE friggin album. That's not a tough road, buddy, it just isn't. Give any major artist that amount of money and that amount of time and they'll easily hand over 4-5 albums worth of material. But for Axl, you've got ONE. With no new music in sight.

Axl kept the name because of the Brand recognition and because he knew it would screw over Slash. He knew that he would be able to headline festivals and make 10 times more money fronting a band called Guns n Roses as opposed to fronting a band called Coma - featuring Axl Rose on vocals. Coma isn't headlining Rock n Rio. Guns n Roses are.

The ONLY burden there is to keeping the name GnR is in trying to release music that reached the standard that GnR has released in the past. That's it. That's the route Axl took to take.

I'm sure Bono, Nosaj, Maynard and all the others love and enjoy that you are such a super fan of Axl and CD. What they find humorous is the lengths you go to defend his every move, even when the moves he has made (or hasn't made) are pretty laughable and damaging to the GnR brand.

Bottom line.

One album since the classic line-up broke up.

One album. And no new album in sight.

That's just Sad.

Having a GNR touring band out there has been a good thing. If only for Axl to perform his songs.

Agreed.

And I think it would have been better if Axl had made that statement some 10-15 years ago.

"I'm only going to release 1 or maybe 2 more albums under the Guns n Roses name over the next 20 years. By round two I just mean years of touring the old classics. Thank you and I'll see you on tour."

Just wish that Axl hadn't lost his will and desire to share new music with his millions of fans. And that he wouldn't have given us false hope about more music coming. Round two, if you like this one you'll like the next one, we've got two albums in the can, we didn't record this music to NOT release it, etc.

• Like 1

:lol: You make it sound like he was burdened with an impossible task. One that no mere mortal could ever undertake but alas the mighty Axl Rose did it despite all odds. Despite it being too much and despite being all alone our hero has triumphed in the face of enormous adversity. All hail Axl Rose!

This is pretty much the exact feeling the album gives me.

Yeah cause without Axl's fake GnR keeping the name alive, we'd have all forgotten about one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Radio probably would've stopped playing classic GnR too if it hadn't been for Axl's incredible efforts to keep the name alive.

This may cause some butt hurt for you wkuk04 because, well the truth hurts but the thing is the GnR name would actually be more respected had Axl just shut it down in 1995. He's actually done more harm to the name than good. Because of Axl Rose many people view GnR as a joke and a now shitty band. At least you're thankful for it.

Yeah cause the name Led Zeppelin and The Beatles are pretty dead, I wish Robert Plant and Paul McCartney hired random people and took 14 years to make an Album, then only they could keep those name alive cause no one even knows who the hell are The Beatles and Led Zeppelin

Your the guys constantly in the Chinese Democracy discussion threads talking nonsense and your agendas rink of the same shit your constantly spewing out your mouths. Negative..negative..all the time.

Yet somehow, every other band is able to do what Axl isn't able to do - even without a 14-million dollar budget.

WK, I realize you worship everything that Axl does. Cool, you are one of those types of fans. Good for you. I used to be in your boat when I was much younger. Nobody on here - even the "haters" - care that you love CD so much. I'm glad that you do, as it's my favorite album of the last decade.

What people get annoyed by is how you twist facts into some weird ways to defend everything that Axl does and you always have a negative comment about anything that Slash does.

All Axl has to do is write, record and release ROCK music. You make it sound like he is a military leader or doctor and that people's lives are held in the balance of every decision he makes. He is a ROCK singer, dude, nothing more. His decisions effect members of his band financially - and that's it. These guys, except maybe Dizzy, are all much richer than you or I.

Axl had 13 years and 14-million dollars to put out ONE friggin album. That's not a tough road, buddy, it just isn't. Give any major artist that amount of money and that amount of time and they'll easily hand over 4-5 albums worth of material. But for Axl, you've got ONE. With no new music in sight.

Axl kept the name because of the Brand recognition and because he knew it would screw over Slash. He knew that he would be able to headline festivals and make 10 times more money fronting a band called Guns n Roses as opposed to fronting a band called Coma - featuring Axl Rose on vocals. Coma isn't headlining Rock n Rio. Guns n Roses are.

The ONLY burden there is to keeping the name GnR is in trying to release music that reached the standard that GnR has released in the past. That's it. That's the route Axl took to take.

I'm sure Bono, Nosaj, Maynard and all the others love and enjoy that you are such a super fan of Axl and CD. What they find humorous is the lengths you go to defend his every move, even when the moves he has made (or hasn't made) are pretty laughable and damaging to the GnR brand.

Bottom line.

That's just Sad.

Having a GNR touring band out there has been a good thing. If only for Axl to perform his songs.

Agreed.

And I think it would have been better if Axl had made that statement some 10-15 years ago.

"I'm only going to release 1 or maybe 2 more albums under the Guns n Roses name over the next 20 years. By round two I just mean years of touring the old classics. Thank you and I'll see you on tour."

Just wish that Axl hadn't lost his will and desire to share new music with his millions of fans. And that he wouldn't have given us false hope about more music coming. Round two, if you like this one you'll like the next one, we've got two albums in the can, we didn't record this music to NOT release it, etc.

If in a few years he retires from performing live, he'll still release material I think. We don't know how much material he's got,he must have 4-5 albums worth, and a ton of ideas that he might tinker with, you say one album in 20 years, I'm thinking that's a long time to quietly go about your craft creating music. The next album supposed to be heavier, that gives me a buzz.

Bottom line.

That's just Sad.

Agreed.

If in a few years he retires from performing live, he'll still release material I think. We don't know how much material he's got,he must have 4-5 albums worth, and a ton of ideas that he might tinker with, you say one album in 20 years, I'm thinking that's a long time to quietly go about your craft creating music. The next album supposed to be heavier, that gives me a buzz.

Some estimates of the post-classic era canon reach as high as 80-100 songs which would dward the old band's output. I just think Axl wants to give this stuff its due process. It deserves the proper presentation and build-up. I think there is some stuff that probably wouldn't get a fairshot til after he's gone. I think its right to wait for the public to get in the proper headspace to grasp the material. Chinese is just beginning to get its due so I think we could be in the beginning stages of something new.

• Like 1

Joe public has to 'get in the proper head space' if he wants to hear the new material. You have heard it hear first guys and gals. That is why Ginger has delayed its release. We are intellectually not equipped yet with the faculties to interpret the genius that will be CD2 - ''pussy full of maggots included''

Joe public has to 'get in the proper head space' if he wants to hear the new material. You have heard it hear first guys and gals. That is why Ginger has delayed its release. We are intellectually not equipped yet with the faculties to interpret the genius that will be CD2 - ''pussy full of maggots included''

Kind of like Tupac in a way except he died- so the public caught up to the material. Dying gave those songs new meaning and resonance. I think Axl knows that much like Tupac a lot of his material won't get an honest shake til he's gone. I still reckon he's got some still alive material to hold us over til the Second coming.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Kind of like Tupac in a way except he died- so the public caught up to the material. Dying gave those songs new meaning and resonance. I think Axl knows that much like Tupac a lot of his material won't get an honest shake til he's gone. I still reckon he's got some still alive material to hold us over til the Second coming.

Unless he explodes with Big Macs, the guy might live another 40-50 years. Who cares? Good luck to future generations of 2050 though who hear Atlas Shrugged.

Unless he explodes with Big Macs, the guy might live another 40-50 years. Who cares? Good luck to future generations of 2050 though who hear Atlas Shrugged.

I think that not only will future generations enjoy the album, but that future civilization, extraterrestrials, and the like will be awed at its timelessness and musical potence.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Mine, is that CD, is a great album... :)

Well said. Unfortunately some people are not able to understand this

Thanks... :headbang:

Some of you people are pretty harsh on Axl. Not me. Axl owes me nothing. It would be nice if he'd release some new tunes though but I'm not going to die if he doesn't. I support the dude, no matter what. Even if he calls the next album "The Steaming Pile of Donkey-Shit Incident..." I'll still buy five copies... :P

Edited by Crowebar