WHEN I WAS YOUNG, There were so many things that I was never told... (Demo thread)

I wonder why they didn't put Back Off Bitch on AFD instead of Anything Goes

The My Way Your Way (early Anything Goes) available on the Hollywood Rose CD is so fucking brutal, Axl screams like a maniac, Izzy and Chris Weber interplay is absolutely fabulous, it sounds 100 million times better than the Appetite version

Btw Anything Goes exist with diff lyrics and with different solos too

and there's another one, but i couldn't find at the moment

The Alt Lyrics for Anything Goes was used live in 86 and early 87. Before AFD was written

yeah, i know...

and Back Off Bitch was played frequently

and Perfect Crime was performed once in 1986... believe me, man i know my shit about GNR :lol:

:wow:

Here's NR from 1986 (?), guitar version

Axl's voice was so cool on here...

I really dig this version, the album version seems like a joke, compared to this one, imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1jTvZVbLII

Edited by Strange Broue

I love the Nov Rain demos. The "AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAAAAAAAAAAAAIN" part still makes me chuckle though.

Edited by EvH

Love this thread. Reminds me of how hard we used to have to work to get a hold of some of these demos. I used to be in the "bootlegger web ring" or whatever, too.

Remember gnrunlimited.com with Mrice - she'd post a demo/bootleg every month. Then you'd have to trade cassettes or CDs, make a boot from vinyl...

Then Napster made it somewhat easier...now it's a cakewalk on YouTube.

Kids these days don't know what it was like! :max: lol

Love this thread. Reminds me of how hard we used to have to work to get a hold of some of these demos. I used to be in the "bootlegger web ring" or whatever, too.

Remember gnrunlimited.com with Mrice - she'd post a demo/bootleg every month. Then you'd have to trade cassettes or CDs, make a boot from vinyl...

Then Napster made it somewhat easier...now it's a cakewalk on YouTube.

Kids these days don't know what it was like! :max: lol

wow i remember Mrice too!

good times!