Discovered the sub bass

All of us have heard of Chris Ptiman's legendary sub-bass contributions to Chinese Democracy, though few if any of us have ever actually heard it. But I think I might have uncovered it while blasting Scraped on a set of speakers with the bass settings dialed way up.

Hear for yourselves.

The multitracks are the better way to appreciate Pitman's contribution. He does some incredible stuff.

Well is it only him though? There are more pro tools people listed. And is he the one responsible for using that copyrighted sample for the intro of Riad?

Never in history have we seen such a shitty album so analyzed to discover all of its shitty building blocks.

It's only been out for 7 years. You need to give it another 23 years, then you'll get it.

• Like 3

I love the album, but I really don't see what Pitman added to it. I know he added some things to CD, If the world and scraped and a few others but to me it's barely distinguishable in the mix. I'm a huge fan of GnR and I listen very closely to the records and live recordings and I have little to no idea of what he does. I know what he is said to do, but to my ears it adds so very little that if he didn't show up on any given night the difference would be almost unnoticeable. That's my opinion, I know some of you share it, and that some of you completely disagree and would argue that Pitman saved GnR.

When listening to the multitracks it sounds like most of Pitman was cut out. You can hear effects in the background in some of Axl's vocals as if it were in his headphones at the time of recording but was cut out of the later mix.

Never in history have we seen such a shitty album so analyzed to discover all of its shitty building blocks.

It's only been out for 7 years. You need to give it another 23 years, then you'll get it.

Damn complexity!

All of us have heard of Chris Ptiman's legendary sub-bass contributions to Chinese Democracy, though few if any of us have ever actually heard it. But I think I might have uncovered it while blasting Scraped on a set of speakers with the bass settings dialed way up.

Hear for yourselves.

Congrats for discovering what an equalizer is and buying a decent sound system

I love the album, but I really don't see what Pitman added to it. I know he added some things to CD, If the world and scraped and a few others but to me it's barely distinguishable in the mix. I'm a huge fan of GnR and I listen very closely to the records and live recordings and I have little to no idea of what he does. I know what he is said to do, but to my ears it adds so very little that if he didn't show up on any given night the difference would be almost unnoticeable. That's my opinion, I know some of you share it, and that some of you completely disagree and would argue that Pitman saved GnR.

He wrote the 12 bar guitar intro to ITW

That was his only good contribution to Axl's band, imho

I really don't find ChiDem to be a shitty album. But I agree with you.