Confederate flag? Yes or no?

Val22

the war was over at the point Sherman decided to burn, rape, and pillage his path to Charleston.

and to Len's question, basically yes when the church shooting happened liberals suddenly saw another opening to paint the republicans another shade of racist leading up to this election cycle.

Hillary and co will do anything and everything with no shame to secure the minority vote they so desperately need to win the white house.

It's shameful and transparent but with the stupidity the voting base has stooped to as of late it just might work, again.

Hillary and the Democrats do not need to shame the GOP and alienate the vote of the minorities, women, gays etc. for them as the GOP is doing a great of pissing off those groups all by themselves. ;)

Out of interest, for anyone who'd like to answer, where did this actually come from all of a sudden? Is it cuz of that mental kid who shot up the black church? I mean fuck me, it's a bit late in the day to be getting wound up about it isn't it?

It's 2015 my man. People love to be outraged.

• Like 1

Out of interest, for anyone who'd like to answer, where did this actually come from all of a sudden? Is it cuz of that mental kid who shot up the black church? I mean fuck me, it's a bit late in the day to be getting wound up about it isn't it?

I find that offensive. Apologize before I sue you, you racist dirtbag.
  • Like 2

Today the confederate flag was taken down in South Carolina. that's great news. they also talked to a senator from the state saying pretty much what I said about the flag. It represents a separate nation and the US hasn't been a separate nation since 1865 when the civil war ended.

I also didn't vote for Obama - that means I hate poor people and minorities.

I also didn't vote for Obama - that means I hate poor people and minorities.

Well if the shoe fits........ :P

That is anachronistic thinking though. It certainly did not look over as Lee denied Grant his flank and the war descended into trench warfare, stalemate, at Petersburg.

Had Lee just surrendered, Sherman wouldn't have to march his way through the South.

The way I see it, the South was in rebellion, the Confederates were an nothing more but separatists and they had to be punished. In my opinion the Union was too soft on them. Allowing the Confederate battle flag to fly this long was just a middle finger to the Union and it is about time to take it down.

it has been boiling under the surface for some time but the nutjob basically brought it to the forefront again, and the media and everything else over corrects and over reacts.

That is anachronistic thinking though. It certainly did not look over as Lee denied Grant his flank and the war descended into trench warfare, stalemate, at Petersburg.

Had Lee just surrendered, Sherman wouldn't have to march his way through the South.

The way I see it, the South was in rebellion, the Confederates were an nothing more but separatists and they had to be punished. In my opinion the Union was too soft on them. Allowing the Confederate battle flag to fly this long was just a middle finger to the Union and it is about time to take it down.

History is written by the victors. If you read the rhetoric of the secessionist leaders they legitimised their actions as being borne of 'counter-revolution'. They were protecting the status quo of the American constitution from the revolutionary zeal of the 'Black Republicans', of the right to hold property (i.e. slaves) and something more ideological, more pertaining to Jeffersonian democracy and anti-federalism. They did after all have a good point when they cited the fact that the drafters of the American Constitution, of ''all men are created equal'', were themselves slave owners. For Lincoln to argue that slavery should be 'abolished', is in effect to argue that the founding fathers of the United States erred and that the American constitution itself was flawed.

Today the confederate flag was taken down in South Carolina. that's great news. they also talked to a senator from the state saying pretty much what I said about the flag. It represents a separate nation and the US hasn't been a separate nation since 1865 when the civil war ended.

Yeah I saw it on the news.