Confederate flag? Yes or no?

Val22

Any liberal evr thought of the fact that we have 10 US military bases around the country named after Confederate battle officers.

Fort Bragg, Fort Lee, Fort Hood, Fort Pickett, Fort Benning, etc.? Wheres the revolution to have them all renamed?

You'd think if liberals really cared of what they preached there would be some sort of movement, or at least a mention.

why, because they don't really care that's why. just more ridiculousness.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/randy-hall/2015/06/26/al-sharpton-demands-military-remove-all-remnants-confederacy

In addition to calling for General Lee Avenue to be renamed, Foy said the NAN is pushing for the military to change the names of the 10 bases that honor Confederate figures. "Military bases are on federally owned land that is outside of local jurisdiction.”

Foy added:

We will be presenting an official letter to the commander of this base and then sending it up the chain, asking that they remove all the remnants of the Confederacy.

Taxpayer dollars are supporting a U.S. military that honors the Confederacy.

you are quoting Al Sharpton? really?

Is this akin to when Jesse Jackson extorted Quaker Oats to change Aunt Jemima's image on the pancake box?

You see where this is all going, So after we rename the 10 Military bases , remove the battle flag from all public display, whats next? No Dukes of Hazzard reruns? Jessica Simpson starred in the latest Duke Movie with the General Lee in full view, ban her concerts until she apologizes and denounces?

moving forward

So when Southerners find trinkets in stores with redneck overtones associated with being from the south, do we protest until the stores are in compliance?

we still have the redskins issue to address.

• Like 2

Trouble is afoot in Hazzard County.

Warner Bros., the studio behind the TV show "The Dukes of Hazzard," has decided to cease selling products featuring the Confederate flag.
A Warner Bros. spokesperson said the company will no longer license replicas or vehicle model kits based off the General Lee, according to a Vulture exclusive. In "The Dukes of Hazzard," the iconic car had a Confederate flag painted on its roof.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warner-bros-to-stop-dukes-of-hazzard-general-lee-toys-with-confederate-flag/

:rofl-lol:

You see where this is all going, So after we rename the 10 Military bases , remove the battle flag from all public display, whats next? No Dukes of Hazzard reruns? Jessica Simpson starred in the latest Duke Movie with the General Lee in full view, ban her concerts until she apologizes and denounces?

You do know that that movie made fun of the confederate flag don't you?

They should make her apologize for her terrible acting and for subjecting people to her singing......... :P

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

They should make her apologize for her terrible acting and for subjecting people to her singing......... :P
From about 3 minutes. :lol:

http://youtu.be/fE04_2yvBHQ

• Like 1

What if you just enjoy the flag because you like and enjoy the historical significance that goes along with it?

My brother's roommate has the Saudi flag. It is a good conversation starter. People get offended over dumb crap nowadays.

Look at your behavior before you cast judgments upon others. Chances are we all enjoy things or behaviors that offend other people.

And there you have it, liberals stand for nothing, again.

Grabbing onto any and every trinket of contention to further their political agenda.

liberals don't care that a flag offends someone, if they did they would have been on board long ago with removing it.

Suddenly moving into an important election cycle they find another divider rod to wave over their heads.

"Bad white cops everywhere I'm telling you they will take over the country if we liberals don't ban together"

"Them darn republicans hate them blacks, vote for me and I'll give you more stuff, just give me a list."

And if I was a black person I would be insulted at the audacity to treat me that stupid.'

Getting rid of the confederate flag is stupid, or should I say hiding it is stupid because that's all you're doing.

Any liberal evr thought of the fact that we have 10 US military bases around the country named after Confederate battle officers.

Fort Bragg, Fort Lee, Fort Hood, Fort Pickett, Fort Benning, etc.? Wheres the revolution to have them all renamed?

You'd think if liberals really cared of what they preached there would be some sort of movement, or at least a mention.

why, because they don't really care that's why. just more ridiculousness.

And I'm sorry Zoso rose that you are too slow to follow along a thought other than your own.

And people complained of the way Madison ran this place?

Hurr durr

What if you just enjoy the flag because you like and enjoy the historical significance that goes along with it?

My brother's roommate has the Saudi flag. It is a good conversation starter. People get offended over dumb crap nowadays.

Look at your behavior before you cast judgments upon others. Chances are we all enjoy things or behaviors that offend other people.

I think the only issue is with flying it over government buildings. Nobody is trying to ban private citizens from flying it if they choose are they?

I think the only issue is with flying it over government buildings. Nobody is trying to ban private citizens from flying it if they choose are they?

Well retailers aren't selling them anymore.

Give it six months until this dies down and I'm sure they will be.

A knee jerk reaction to the public reaction to the shootings. You can still find confederate flag stuff with a simple Google.

There you go, illustrated my point admirably :lol: I cant watch the news, im too much of a bitch, it makes me feel awful, all like fuckin' kids arms and legs sticking out of rubble and people dying and getting shit chopped off, I've probably found out more about current affairs from threads on here than any news media for at least the last 5 or 6 years.

Edited by Len B'stard

There you go, illustrated my point admirably :lol: I cant watch the news, im too much of a bitch, it makes me feel awful, all like fuckin' kids arms and legs sticking out of rubble and people dying and getting shit chopped off, I've probably found out more about current affairs from threads on here than any news media for at least the last 5 or 6 years.

A few years ago I was at the doctor and we were trying to figure out how to reduce stress because it was starting to take its toll on me. He said he had seen improvement when people stopped watching/reading yhe news. So That was one thing I did and it made a real difference so I never do the news anymore. You still get the news you need somehow and most of it is just negative noise you didn't need to know anyway.