Why Slash deserves and has so much more respect in 2015 compared to Axl.

Axl definitely shoots himself in the foot (late starts, no publicity, not rehearsing, extremely slow to release not just new music, but DVDs, etc.). Slash does the opposite of all this. But having said all of that, I'll always be way more interested in what Axl does, when he finally gets around to doing it.

Slash releases music, shows up on time, plays shows, and does publicity, but when Axl actually does those things, and goes all in, there's almost no one better.

LMAO. Look at the release and post release of Democracy and tell us Axl goes all in and nobody does it better. That's the most ridiculous statement I've read in this thread.

I said "when Axl goes all in," not "he always goes all in." Jesus.

And a good example of Axl doing this post CD release is the entire year of 2010.

my bad, misread it.......it's just axl so very rarely goes all in, it's usually half-assed if anything and when I hear people call axl a perfectionist i laugh and think it's an insult to those of us that are actually perfectionists

Post of the year finalist right here- would you mind if I use this quote for my signature?

Whatever happened to AFDemocracy getting released a a CD (and presumably to streaming services like Spotify)?

Whatever happened to the alternate album covers and booklets for Chinese Democracy? What happened to the Better video? Or the 2010 South American Tour documentary? Just like everything else post-original Guns, it probably got shelved, or hell, catapulted into the stratosphere for all we know.

Axl definitely shoots himself in the foot (late starts, no publicity, not rehearsing, extremely slow to release not just new music, but DVDs, etc.). Slash does the opposite of all this. But having said all of that, I'll always be way more interested in what Axl does, when he finally gets around to doing it.

Slash releases music, shows up on time, plays shows, and does publicity, but when Axl actually does those things, and goes all in, there's almost no one better.

LMAO. Look at the release and post release of Democracy and tell us Axl goes all in and nobody does it better. That's the most ridiculous statement I've read in this thread.

And a good example of Axl doing this post CD release is the entire year of 2010.

my bad, misread it.......it's just axl so very rarely goes all in, it's usually half-assed if anything and when I hear people call axl a perfectionist i laugh and think it's an insult to those of us that are actually perfectionists

No worries. And I agree. I think he's a combination of perfectionist and apathetic. The stories Brain told on the podcast of how Axl knows and plans every note of songs shows the insane dedication he can have, but then the performance at RiR '11 shows him being really under prepared. It's a mixed bag with him and you never know what the hell is going to come out of it.

But again, look at how on fire he is when he wants to be (2006). Why he's not like that all the time is anybody's guess.

Edited by BangoSkank

Post of the year finalist right here- would you mind if I use this quote for my signature?

Not at all

• Like 1