Why Slash deserves and has so much more respect in 2015 compared to Axl.

Slash deserves more respect than Axl just on the basis of him putting out so much content. He's put out more music in 3 years than Axl has in 20. And has managed to stay as relevant as a rock guitarist can be in this day and age.

The personal issues between Slash and Axl shouldn't come into it at all. Slash just does more work and that's that.

I was actually surprised to see people paying more and more attention to Slash's endeavors as time went by. In Sydney 2013, 14,000 people went to see a Slash show. That amazing, and the guy truly deserves it. He's worked and continues to work hard to get things done.

• Like 1

it's easy, he does whatever he wants, does how he feels like. does not care about the biz, media and the demands of the fans. what's enuff for me music wise is that he puts out the best Show he can while he's on stage and best music in studio, if you dont like that, there are thousands of other acts you mite wanna follow. why waste your time on a retired punk?

Slash is active,Slash is touring,Slash realising albums,Slash talking to the fans,Axl just...nothing.

Can't even be bothered giving his fans an update regarding when or if a new album will be released, or who is still in his joke of a band even.

Yet, join the bogus GNR fan club and go in the running to win a phonecall from one of his employees.

Slash is active,Slash is touring,Slash realising albums,Slash talking to the fans,Axl just...nothing.

Can't even be bothered giving his fans an update regarding when or if a new album will be released, or who is still in his joke of a band even.

You want an album? Fuck off. You want to know who's in the band? Fuck off. You want to hear new old songs being played live? Fuck off. You want to give away your hard-earned money by joining "The Nightrain"? Welcome.

• Like 4

You want an album? Fuck off. You want to know who's in the band? Fuck off. You want to hear new old songs being played live? Fuck off. You want to give away your hard-earned money by joining "The Nightrain"? Welcome.

Complaints, complaints, complaints.

• Like 1

When Nikki Sixx is talking about doing a Sixx:AM world tour next year it makes some people wonder if DJ is going to jump ship from GNR.

There's always going to be new people discovering GNR and going out to see Slash or Axl. It's just that it got really asinine when security was telling kids to hide the Slash t-shirts over what some 10 year old asshole heckler did. Tickets are too expensive to heckle anyone.

I think it is absurd to say that, ''neither of them are worthy of any praise for anything they've done since 1996''. How many guitarists wet their pants over Anastasia? You might also point to Wicked Stone, Serial killer, Ghosts and a few other good tracks. For Axl you could point to his voice in 2006 or some of the superior tracks on Chinese Democracy, There Was A Time, etc. Obviously together they were far more consistent (and far more prolific in Axl's case). There was a sort of quality control extent there which was provided by being part of a collective. You get the feeling that Duff or somebody else would have vetoed some of the ropier Slash 'by-numbers' tracks or Axl's excesses in late-90s masturbation. But there has still been some good moments. Even Axl only looked completely fucked from a period when he hired Team Brazil. Up until that point (2010ish) his voice was decent and you still hoped that the cd tour would finally wrap and you would get an album. Now, it is an abyss. And I generally feel Slash's career is solid since he began The Conspirators. Yes, some of the songs are bland but you get enough gems like Bent to Fly to justify them.

• Like 3

it's easy, he does whatever he wants, does how he feels like. does not care about the biz, media and the demands of the fans. what's enuff for me music wise is that he puts out the best Show he can while he's on stage and best music in studio, if you dont like that, there are thousands of other acts you mite wanna follow. why waste your time on a retired punk?

You said that you respected Axl for being the last true rocker out there.

You praise Axl for some really odd things. So that means you'd have less respect for the guy and you wouldn't consider him the last rocker out there if he: regularly put out music, communicated with his fans, and toured more consistently. You'd find those things as a negative?

The rest of your statement is also interesting.

He doesn't care about the demands of his the fans. IE: you like that he doesn't care about his fans. Demands of his fans are simple: release the album he's been talking about releasing for years, and give an occasional update about the band's status. For you to somehow spin that into a positive aspect of Axl and a negative aspect of the fans......man, it's quite startling.

And the rest of the stuff, you just described NUMEROUS musicians that have already made their money.

"it's easy, he does whatever he wants, does how he feels like. does not care about the biz, media. he puts out the best Show he can while he's on stage and best music in studio." None of that is singularly tied to Axl Rose - you know that, right? Pretty much every artist out there "tries" to put the best show they can while on stage and in the studio. You think Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger and even the lead singer of Nickleback doesn't "do whatever he wants, does how he feels like."

Man, Axl Rose is my favorite rock singer of all time.

But the reasons you list for him being the only true "rocker" out there.......99% of them just don't make sense.

Bottom line, to be a "rocker" you need to be out there rocking. And one album in 20 years doesn't equal somebody being the last ROCKER out there. It equals the biggest rock star from 30 years ago who now just uses GnR has an occasional hobby. Rocker is the last term to describe Axl right now. Last rocker out there? LOL. Did you mean to say retired rocker?

some of the songs are bland but you get enough gems like Bent to Fly to justify them.

Wow, I never would've considered Bent To Fly a gem. I actually quite like a lot of WOF, but would probably rank that particular song towards the end in terms of quality.

some of the songs are bland but you get enough gems like Bent to Fly to justify them.

Wow, I never would've considered Bent To Fly a gem. I actually quite like a lot of WOF, but would probably rank that particular song towards the end in terms of quality.

Bent To Fly is a quality tune.

It is hard to get respect when there is so little material to respect, you know? One album, one very long period of stagnant touring with minor variations, one live DVD from said tour, and little to no fan interaction. On the other hand look at everything Slash has done, albums, tours, guest appearances, interactions and interviews. It is no secret why Slash is favored by the public

Bent To Fly is cool. The only thing I dislike about it is Slash's main solo. And Myles did a good job with the vocals.

Totally agree. Main solo isn't special. A bit uninspired. But that riff man, I could listen to that riff for ours. And I like Myles too.

Axl definitely shoots himself in the foot (late starts, no publicity, not rehearsing, extremely slow to release not just new music, but DVDs, etc.). Slash does the opposite of all this. But having said all of that, I'll always be way more interested in what Axl does, when he finally gets around to doing it.

Slash releases music, shows up on time, plays shows, and does publicity, but when Axl actually does those things, and goes all in, there's almost no one better.

LMAO. Look at the release and post release of Democracy and tell us Axl goes all in and nobody does it better. That's the most ridiculous statement I've read in this thread.