Man Died In Texas Jail, Was Denied Medication

RussTCB

justiceforjess

Like Sandra Bland’s Family, Jesse Jacobs’ Family Demands Accountability for his Death in Texas Jail Custody, less than 100 miles from Hempstead, TX, in Galveston, TX.

Sandra Bland’s County Jail Death, and Alleged Deprivation of 8th Amendment Civil Rights is Comparable to Death of Jesse C. Jacobs. Jacobs’ Representatives and Family Call for Answers, Transparency, Justice and Reform.

Houston, TX– The family of Jesse Jacobs, a 32 year old man who died under suspicious circumstances in the Texas Jail Custody in March 2015, announced today that they are demanding accountability for his death. Threatening a wrongful death and Civil Rights Violation lawsuit, since they have not provided with basic facts about Jacobs’ death, they ask that Galveston County, and Sheriff Henry Trochesset respond as Hempstead County has done with the comparable, but more famous, case of Sandra Bland, who died in police custody in Hempstead.

Jacobs was pronounced dead on March 14, 2015, after only serving 8 days of his scheduled 12 days in the county jail. Known as a quiet young man, the single white male, graduate of the University of Houston didn’t have many friends. He was not an extrovert on social media, or otherwise. His death did not elicit a huge social media campaign swell, nor any media attention at all. He suffered from severe panic disorder, so he was classified as a mental health inmate when he was sentenced to 30 days for DWI, which he would have been required to serve only 12 days. The family has received no information about his medical treatment, or why access to needed medications was deprived, by Dr. Teresa M Becker’s staff, the Galveston Jail Physician.

Jesse Jacobs was a mental health inmate, requiring daily medication, which the medical staff refused to provide. After four days in custody, Jacobs began suffering from repeated seizures and on the seventh day was found unresponsive, due to cardiac arrest. He was taken by emergency vehicle to a local hospital where he later died.

Toxicology results showed that Jacobs was not administered his prescribed medications while in custody. According to the autopsy, he died of a seizure disorder. As he had no previous history of this disorder, his treating physician asserts the disorder was developed as a result of Jacobs being deprived of his medications.

“Black Lives Matter, The 8th Amendment Matters, Jesse Jacobs Life Matters…” said Attorney Umeka Lewis Piccolo, the attorney representing the Jacobs family. “It seems that all lives are endangered, if a person is held in the custody of a law enforcement system that has no accountability for the lack of transparency. We are not asking for anything unreasonable – anything that has not been easily obtained as in the Bland case – we are asking for basic facts about the tragic, and in our opinion, highly preventable death in police custody of a quiet young man who was not a threat to anyone.” The Eighth Amendment, part of the Bill of Rights, requires that prisoners be provided with adequate medical care, and prohibits the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishments, including torture, by indifference or gross negligence.

According to Attorney Umeka Lewis Piccolo, the County has not answered his family’s questions, made a statement, responded to request for videos of Jesse while in custody, responded to request for videos of Jesse complaining to his mother on a video closed circuit video call visit, request for medical records, request for recorded jail calls, or any other request for reports or records such as intake forms. Nor will Galveston County, or the Texas Attorney General disclose whether his death is being investigated, as a homicide by the DA.

Jesse was the only child, very close to his family, and his parents, who are in need of answers. Answers regarding whether Jesse’s civil rights, 8th amendment constitutional rights, were violated or whether the county did everything they could provide Jessie the medical care he needed.

https://justiceforjess.wordpress.com/2015/07/26/justice-for-jessie/

I love how whenever something goes wrong in America theres always members of some other state claiming it to be atypical.

MURDER IN IOWA

Well, you know what them cornfed donkeys are like!

ROBBERY IN TEXAS

Well i had to be Texas, didnt it?

MULTIPLE RAPE IN DAKOTA!

Uhh...

:lol:

Theres like a regional stereotype to explain everything in America.

Edited by Len B'stard

I love how whenever something goes wrong in America theres always members of some other state claiming it to be atypical.

MURDER IN IOWA

ROBBERY IN TEXAS

MULTIPLE RAPE IN DAKOTA!

Uhh...

BAD TEETH IN ENGLAND

• Like 3

MURDER IN IOWA

ROBBERY IN TEXAS

MULTIPLE RAPE IN DAKOTA!

Uhh...

I'm hear that, but to me it's just an "America" thing. A lot of people posting this on social media are posting things like "Fuckin' Texas!" or whatever, but it's a way wider problem than that state if you ask me.

• Like 2

So much shit happens here in Texas.

Texans think they are their own country and can do whatever they like.

It's crazy.

I have many rock stickers on the back window of my car and I can't tell you how many times a cop car will follow me closely just waiting for me to speed up or do something they can stop me for. I always drive slowly especially in the local neighborhoods because there are always cops hiding on the side streets just waiting to ticket or stop you.

This is a state who profiles anyone that doesn't wear a cowboy hate and doesn't drive a pick up truck.

I can understand being proud of where you are from, but Texans take it to a whole new level or arrogance.

I have many rock stickers on the back window of my car and I can't tell you how many times a cop car will follow me closely just waiting for me to speed up or do something they can stop me for.

How could you possibly know why they were behind you or what they were thinking???

You honestly think they are harassing an 80-year old lady because she has a Poison sticker on her Chrysler's back window? ?

I always drive slowly especially in the local neighborhoods because there are always cops hiding on the side streets just waiting to ticket or stop you.

Wow.

Do you like it when the coloreds speed by your house doing double the speed limit and putting your grandchildren and pets in danger.

I guess you would hate me as a neighbor. I love having the police patrol my neighborhood looking for speeders.

• Like 1

This is a state who profiles anyone that doesn't wear a cowboy hate and doesn't drive a pick up truck.

What an ignorant stereotype

I have relatives in Texas that drive cars and never wear cowboy hats that have never been pulled over.

I just vacationed in Texas this summer, drove about 1,500 miles, from Dallas to San Antonio and numerous small towns in between. In a Dodge Charger. None of us wore a Cowboy hat. And didn't get pulled over once.

Please stop spreading your hate and ignorance and stupid stereotypes that simply aren't true.

Texas is no different than any other state. All states have great loving kind and caring people and wonderful police. And all states have scumbags and bad cops.

If I had to guess, I'd say the fact you hate cops and are a racist have more to do with why they "follow" and harass you in family neighborhoods than the fact you idolize Axl Rose and CC DeVille.

• Like 1

MURDER IN IOWA

ROBBERY IN TEXAS

MULTIPLE RAPE IN DAKOTA!

Uhh...

BAD TEETH IN ENGLAND

My daughter's teething right now and the missus is genuinely terrified that our little girl is gonna end up with typical British teeth. :lol: Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

It is either "Fucking Texas!" or "Fucking Florida!"

At least we don't fuck alligators and eat people while high on bath salts.

It's crazy.

I have many rock stickers on the back window of my car and I can't tell you how many times a cop car will follow me closely just waiting for me to speed up or do something they can stop me for. I always drive slowly especially in the local neighborhoods because there are always cops hiding on the side streets just waiting to ticket or stop you.

I can understand being proud of where you are from, but Texans take it to a whole new level or arrogance.

Really? I've lived in Texas my whole life. I don't wear a cowboy hat or drive a truck. You wanna talk arrogance? Look at your post.

Wow.

Do you like it when the coloreds speed by your house doing double the speed limit and putting your grandchildren and pets in danger.

I guess you would hate me as a neighbor. I love having the police patrol my neighborhood looking for speeders.

Holy shit.... "the coloreds"?? In 2015?

Wowzers.

It is either "Fucking Texas!" or "Fucking Florida!"

At least we don't fuck alligators and eat people while high on bath salts.

It's crazy.

Really? I've lived in Texas my whole life. I don't wear a cowboy hat or drive a truck. You wanna talk arrogance? Look at your post.

In your defense, cowboy hats and truck driving seems to be an Arizona thing.

Then again a lot of people here are from Texas.

Wow.

Wowzers.

In case you missed it, Apollo is making fun of the fact that a few months ago Val was posting about "coloreds".

Wow.

Wowzers.

In case you missed it, Apollo is making fun of the fact that a few months ago Val was posting about "coloreds".

I'm dumb. My bad.

Apologies to Apollo.

Carry on everyone.