Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

It goes both ways I think. Ward saying he's been in perfect health yet like a week or two into the '13' Tour he went into surgery. So what would have happened had he actually be touring?

Anyway, also not sure why people keep bringing up the "Oh so they're not actually gonna be done?!" stuff. They've said from the beginning of this announcement that they weren't ruling out possible future recordings (doubtful in my opinion) or possible one off shows, but no more touring.

As for Ozzy being overweight? Lol ok. He was heavier during the Ultimate Sin tour, but ever he's not been that heavy since then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

It goes both ways I think. Ward saying he's been in perfect health yet like a week or two into the '13' Tour he went into surgery. So what would have happened had he actually be touring?

Anyway, also not sure why people keep bringing up the "Oh so they're not actually gonna be done?!" stuff. They've said from the beginning of this announcement that they weren't ruling out possible future recordings (doubtful in my opinion) or possible one off shows, but no more touring.

As for Ozzy being overweight? Lol ok. He was heavier during the Ultimate Sin tour, but ever he's not been that heavy since then.

Bollocks. Ozzy's weight goes periodically up or down. When you buy an Ozzy ticket it is 50/50 whether or not you are seeing Meatloaf! He's went on stage as big as a jumbo jet - this should be the last person criticising Ward's weight gain.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bollocks. Ozzy's weight goes periodically up or down. When you buy an Ozzy ticket it is 50/50 whether or not you are seeing Meatloaf! He's went on stage as big as a jumbo jet - this should be the last person criticising Ward's weight gain.

Please show me.

Just choose any random photo of the rock celebrity Ozzy Osbourne haha. He was a porker in Sabbath, on the Never Say Die tour. When I saw him in the mid '90s he had a beer gut.

To say Ozzy is ''not forever ballooning up in weight'' is akin to calling the day night. It is an indisputable fact. I'm not having a pop at him for it, but I am saying that this is one person who cannot criticise Ward's weight.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

lol if you can't provide pictures then get out. Seriously cmon man. Show me what you're talking about. I'm waiting.

I'm looking at google images of Ozzy and in everyone he has a double chin haha. Just chuck in ''Ozzy'' into google images and there is a fatso.

latest?cb=20091221191308

How many chins is that?

Also, look at photos from the Retirement Sucks tour, 1995. That is when I saw him live, and he had a baggy tracksuit pants with beer gut hanging out.

Listen, I'm not having a go at him - I couldn't give a toss about Osbourne's image - but it is somewhat hypocritical for him to criticise Bill for being 'overweight'.

I think I've even read interviews where Ozzy has mentioned that he struggles to keep down his weight!

But overweight? Ok lol

image.jpeg

Looks fine to me there.

Not to mention Ward even admitted he was overweight for the stage. And he was - especially at his age for a drummer. Ozzy has never been as "big" as Bill, or even as big as you're claiming honestly, but he's not the one drumming either which obviously takes more of a physical toll on someone. So yeah, Bill was heavier than he should have been for a tour - not to mention his other health issues that would have gotten in the way.

Im not saying any of them are saints, but I definitely think it goes both ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

But overweight? Ok lol

image.jpeg

Looks fine to me there.

Not to mention Ward even admitted he was overweight for the stage. And he was - especially at his age for a drummer. Ozzy has never been as "big" as Bill, or even as big as you're claiming honestly, but he's not the one drumming either which obviously takes more of a physical toll on someone. So yeah, Bill was heavier than he should have been for a tour - not to mention his other health issues that would have gotten in the way.

Im not saying any of them are saints, but I definitely think it goes both ways.

I take it you are in the Ozzy/Geezer/Iommi 'camp' on the Ward issue haha?

Sabbath (I mean Ozzy and Sharon's) treatment of Bill Ward for this last "reunion" has been atrocious, they show their true colours yet again.

Ozzy's dribbled on for years about how Bill is his best mate and how they're always on the phone, and then as soon as Bill wants to be paid (reasonably) the knives are straight out and he/they are slagging Bill in the press and cutting him out of old photos.

Bill did end up with diverticulitis while Sabbath were on the 13 tour, but haven't they just had to cancel shows in Canada due to Ozzy being unwell?

No doubt Bill isn't the drummer he used to be, but Ozzy sure as shit isn't the singer he used to be either- I bet Bill plays drums better than Ozzy sings these days.

Anyways, this isn't Black Sabbath- it's the Osbourne's Sabbath.

• Like 1

I pretty much agree with @Black Sabbath . Say all you want about Ozzy, but he's not the same as Bill Ward. He has an image that largely he sticks to, and really has for like the last 20 years. As I believe Black Sabbath has alluded to, it is absolutely NOTHING against Bill Ward, but the guy is big. To say he's not is just denying it. And I think it really is a combination of many things. I'm sure Black Sabbath are being dicks to him, particularly Sharon and Ozzy. But I'm sure Bill CAN'T play the drums the same way anymore. I'm sure he's slower and I'm sure its probably hardest for him. Which is FINE. The guy is 70. Its not an attack. I don't think he should be paid less. I'm just saying their feelings are probably not unwarranted. They are going about them wrong though.

As I've said, I would have gone to this tour if it were the original 4. I've never seen Sabbath or Ozzy solo and this would have been great. I really would have loved to. But the second they kicked Bill out I got less interested. After really having a row publicly, I got even less interested. They don't need my money, and if they were doing it for fans they would do the right thing and have the original 4, or at least not snipe the way they are doing. I don't really feel the need to contribute to "what's left" of Black Sabbath. They are all alive. Act like adults if you're gonna charge a good deal of money. But yeah, I'll give them credit where credit is due. Tony still sounds like a metal god, Geezer is still great on bass, and Ozzy IS still Ozzy. Maybe he can't sing as well, maybe he's slower to move than he used to be, but he's still Ozzy. You don't have many guys like him around anymore. I'll take him for what he is now because eventually he will be gone. Unfortunately thats not enough to get me to a show (my next on the fence opportunity will be this summer at PNC) but I give them credit that largely they still are Black Sabbath. Just complete the foursome and I'd really have nothing to complain about for this tour.

• Like 1

When I saw him live he couldn't sing in the slightest and this was 1995!!

PS

If I was interested in seeing them, I would probably see this tour - if that makes any sense (what I mean to say that if I was less casual enough on on the band than I am now to ever give me the desire to see a Sabbath show in some incarnation...) - but I would see it with a slight chip on my shoulder in the same manner that I saw Newgnr on multiple occasions: ''wow, excellent solo Iommi, now catch this rotten apple for Bill''.

Edited by DieselDaisy

• 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

European Leg starts now, I'm heading to the venue in Budapest right now! First time i see Black Sabbath (Saw Heaven and Hell and Ozzy in 2007 and 2010) and i've waited 15 years for this moment. i'll be standing front row, Wish me luck:headbang:

How was it?

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

How was it?

GH setlist (14 songs) no surprises (although i consider Hand of Doom a rarity), Ozzy was OK most of the time, Iommi is still the king of riffs and his sound is still unique after all these years, Geezer's basslines felt like he was playing on your back and this Clufetos dude is a KILLER drummer (his drum solo was fucking great), imho

Enjoyed every minute of this sold out gig and i will hunt a bootleg because i'm sure somebody recorded the whole show:headbang:

Black Sabbath was THE band (besides Deep Purple), the reason i became a rock/metal music fanatic 15-16 years ago

This is the end, but their legacy will live forever

Now i can die happily

Edited by Strange Broue

• 1 year later...

I hope it's not like "The Last Supper" where they fucking cut in and out of the performances to little interview clips and whatnot. Incredibly stupid editing decision, especially considering the fact that there's never been a version released of just the concert straight through without the interviews.

• Like 1

On 29.6.2017 at 8:15 AM, Black Sabbath said:

I hope it's not like "The Last Supper" where they fucking cut in and out of the performances to little interview clips and whatnot. Incredibly stupid editing decision, especially considering the fact that there's never been a version released of just the concert straight through without the interviews.

Yea, i remember i was pumped for that DVD... what a letdown that was:facepalm:.