Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

Well since it's so lolworthy I'll clarify ;)

Post 70's Sabbath/Iommi has been basically a one trick pony, very linear in terms of what you're going to get. 70's Sabbath was never like that.

Ozzy has had his moments along the way, some of the 80's stuff branched out a bit and most notably Ozzmosis was something different.

Geezer's solo stuff is very much modern metal, growly vocals and the whole bit. Radically different from what you might expect, but still pretty one dimensional.

Bill's music isn't formulaic, it's not about SATAN and it isn't all about slow, plodding heavy riffs and dooms, tombs and glooms.

When I said "musically creative" obviously I wasn't referring to volume of output (Cardi: Bill has put out 3 solo albums, last one finally came out last year) but what he does release is honest as shit and real art, not some product made for naughty teenagers rebelling against their parents.

Bill's music carries the trippy, spun out element of Sabbath in the 70's that none of the others bother with anymore.

So yeah, Bill's the most musically creative of them these days.

• Like 2

I will say, while the agin shortened set list is a bit disappointing, from the videos I've been watching of the last few shows Ozzy sounds pretty good so I'm happy about that.

I like the song but I can live without God Is Dead?, though it would nice if Under The Sun or Tomorrow's Dream were added back.

Either way, totally stoked for this weekend!

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I will say, while the agin shortened set list is a bit disappointing, from the videos I've been watching of the last few shows Ozzy sounds pretty good so I'm happy about that.

I like the song but I can live without God Is Dead?, though it would nice if Under The Sun or Tomorrow's Dream were added back.

Either way, totally stoked for this weekend!

Easy for you to say about Under The Sun, you've seen that one live <_< 

From the bits and bobs I've heard from 13, admittedly few in number, as well as those two new studio songs they put on the live album, I summarised at the time that they sound nothing like Sabbath in the '70s. Sabbath were more weird and stoner, like a heavier Cream; the only reason they are called a 'metal band' is because subsequent metal bands cited them as an influence. The new songs sounded like modern metal. 

14 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

Post 70's Sabbath/Iommi has been basically a one trick pony, very linear in terms of what you're going to get. 70's Sabbath was never like that.

Ozzy has had his moments along the way, some of the 80's stuff branched out a bit and most notably Ozzmosis was something different.

Geezer's solo stuff is very much modern metal, growly vocals and the whole bit. Radically different from what you might expect, but still pretty one dimensional.

Bill's music isn't formulaic, it's not about SATAN and it isn't all about slow, plodding heavy riffs and dooms, tombs and glooms.

When I said "musically creative" obviously I wasn't referring to volume of output (Cardi: Bill has put out 3 solo albums, last one finally came out last year) but what he does release is honest as shit and real art, not some product made for naughty teenagers rebelling against their parents.

Bill's music carries the trippy, spun out element of Sabbath in the 70's that none of the others bother with anymore.

Hey Doomy can you send me some cool Bill tracks?

So last night was a lot of fun. I ended up having a great seat considering I didn't get it until the production holds went up on Wednesday - I was the second row of the lower bowl, right next to the stage, in line with the second row on the floor. The band was excellent. Ozzy was really good for the first half, but really struggled the second half. N.I.B. was particularly rough. But all in all, really glad I went :)

Here's one of my pics from Instagram:

image.jpeg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Look at the shape he's in - incredible. He's apparently also a huge Guns fan.

He is so much Bill Ward that apparently Iommi and Butler hate him judging by their expressions - and Ozzy is trying to strangle him! Ward has been youthed.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2016 at 2:41 AM, DR DOOM said:

great post. good to see some people appreciate what real sabbath actually was. crash diet thinks he's such a good little sabbath fan for liking shit-teen, it's hilarious

Edited by bacardimayne

here's After Forever from the first MSG night (multicam)

Ozzy sounded legitimately awesome

I'm so pumped for my show date!:headbang:

Great pics, BS! You should make that neck grabbing picture as your avatar:P

To bacardi and other cocky posers: if you not see them at this tour, then you're not a fan

period

Feel free to hate 13 all you want, i couldn't care less  about your snobbish opinion

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

The show in Vancouver last night was pretty good - Ozzy even sounded decent! :lol: Tony and Geezer were incredible, of course. I'm just a casual Sabbath fan but even I noticed the songs lacked Bill. It didn't bother me really but it was just, noticeable. Highlights were probably War Pigs, Children of the Grave and Hand of Doom.

Also, I was kinda pissed that they'd run out of 'regular' The End CD's, but had a shitload of 'signed copies' that were $100 each :max:

Instead of making a new rec­ord, the band is selling a limited-edition tour-only CD, titled The End, on the road. It contains four outtakes from the 13 sessions, which range in tone from the trudging, tumultuous "Season of the Dead" to the murky, bluesy "Isolated Man", as well as four live recordings. After the End tour, they'll decide whether Black Sabbath will ever hit the studio again.

"Time ain't on our side," says Osbourne, 67. "To be honest with you, if the new record wasn't another Number One, we would have been pissed off, so we just left it on a high note with 13. I'm not saying I'll never record with Tony or Geezer again. I just don't want to tour with Black Sabbath after this."

http://rollingstoneaus.com/music/post/black-sabbaths-last-ride/3334-page-2#sthash.7FMXYjhu.dpuf

In true rock n' roll fashion, before the farewell tour is even over, the band is walking back just how "farewell" this tour will be.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Osbourne calling Ward "incredibly overweight"? Jesus, talk about hypocrisy!! Ozzy's entire career consists of periodical ballooning up in weight.

The way the band is treating Ward right now is downright shameful and makes Axl look like he was downright gentlemanly toward the original band back in the day. Just fucking pathetic, and it's why I never even thought about going to see this tour.