What Axl should do with the UYI Tour recordings...

dont forget that the 1991 warm up secret shows were shot on film

Elaborate on this, please. As far as I know all the UYI tour shows were videotaped only. Are you 100% sure those secret gigs were shot on film?

They were used in the YCBM music video which suggests they were shot on film or at least parts were.

Elaborate on this, please. As far as I know all the UYI tour shows were videotaped only. Are you 100% sure those secret gigs were shot on film?

They were used in the YCBM music video which suggests they were shot on film or at least parts were.

no shit...if they only released a film version of the ritz 1991 you could be mine show...that'd be enough for me...i ordered the bootleg prior to youtube circa 2003 and still stands the test of time...could u imagine a film version of that show...holy fuck...they perfomred their ass off...in fact someone post the fucker in the nosebleeds filming that shit and covering his ass every now and then ---- peak of GNR LIVE

Realistically u can't just release ALL of those shows. After a while you'd feel like youre watching the same thing over and over, Id think.

Id just pick the best handful to put out, really

It's a salient point, IMHO, that people are sometimes inclined buy the shows they attended. Whether it's because it was an epic show or simply because they want to try to find a glimpse of themselves and their friends in the crowd, it happens. The UYI show I attended was not one of their best. And that's putting it kindly. However, I'd certainly buy a copy of the video for posterity, and to see if the way I remember it was as it actually was.

I haven't seen this in a while, but in the mid-2000s I remember seeing a company at a lot of concerts that would sell you a recording of the show you were at. Their booth was usually mobbed.

And in this day and age where they can burn DVDs on demand or offer streaming video, the investment isn't the same as it would be if they were having to produce and release 150 different DVDs. They can throw those shows up on Amazon, Netflix or ITunes to be purchased piecemeal, and create some sort of package deal for the diehards who actually want a lot of them.

All of the UYI shows that are recorded should be released for fans to buy.

It'd be super easy & cheap for both audio and video to be available for download.

That's was Axl should do with it. That's not what he'll do with it though.

• Like 1

Realistically u can't just release ALL of those shows. After a while you'd feel like youre watching the same thing over and over, Id think.

Id just pick the best handful to put out, really

It's a salient point, IMHO, that people are sometimes inclined buy the shows they attended. Whether it's because it was an epic show or simply because they want to try to find a glimpse of themselves and their friends in the crowd, it happens. The UYI show I attended was not one of their best. And that's putting it kindly. However, I'd certainly buy a copy of the video for posterity, and to see if the way I remember it was as it actually was.

I haven't seen this in a while, but in the mid-2000s I remember seeing a company at a lot of concerts that would sell you a recording of the show you were at. Their booth was usually mobbed.

And in this day and age where they can burn DVDs on demand or offer streaming video, the investment isn't the same as it would be if they were having to produce and release 150 different DVDs. They can throw those shows up on Amazon, Netflix or ITunes to be purchased piecemeal, and create some sort of package deal for the diehards who actually want a lot of them.

Kiss did that on their 2010 tour. I believe the company was called Simfy Live,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiss_Sonic_Boom_Over_Europe

Cannot say from personal experience that the booth was mobbed but then, the English are a pecuniary and tightfisted people.

to the best of my knowledge the Ritz show, the Pantages show the Warfield show were shot on film

05.09.91 - Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA

05.11.91 - Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

05.16.91 - The Ritz, New York, NY

the footage was used on the you could be mine promo video.

below there is the "original" version of the video featuring only live scenes from the shows

from youtube description = Mark Racco's original GNR performance off-line cut, before movie and concept footage from TERMINATOR 2 were added. VERY RARE

you can see more of that same footage (this only from the pantages show, apparently) on this mr brownstone video

According to youtube description = Rare video shot and Directed by Mark Racco at The Pantages Theatre in Hollywood May 11th 1991 as the band previewed material for their upcoming Use Your Illusion I&II Albums. Shot with16mm hand wind Bolex and Super 8mm Nikon R8.

This is A+++ footage

this is a no brainer

just add SDB audio to it

release it

and make us all fucking happy

:headbang:

• Like 1

no shit...if they only released a film version of the ritz 1991 you could be mine show...that'd be enough for me...i ordered the bootleg prior to youtube circa 2003 and still stands the test of time...could u imagine a film version of that show...holy fuck...they perfomred their ass off...in fact someone post the fucker in the nosebleeds filming that shit and covering his ass every now and then ---- peak of GNR LIVE

done correctly (nice editing), that can be the best rock DVD ever

I think you are confusing GN'R with Pearl Jam or Springsteen, i.e. acts who actually cares about their fan base and are competent enough to deliver archival projects. This is Team Brazil/Axl. Anniversaries are celebrated with a new competition for a towel via Nightrain.

You hit the nail on the head.

"If" an 1991 illusion show would have to be released.....why the hell not vote for this one?

06.25.91 - Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC
opening act: Skid Row
audio/video recording?: no
notes: Apparently another long show - estimated to be around 215 minutes!! GN'R hit the stage an hour late, at 10 p.m. A large part of the audience left early, leaving many empty seats. Axl asks the audience to forgive them if their playing is a bit sloppy since they're still learning to play the new songs. After about 12:30 a.m., Axl invites the remaining audience to move down to the lower premium seats.

215min Proshot/SBD we never have heard any amateur audio or amateur video?!?! that's be nearly 4h unseen/unheard live footage with the UYI Izzy era!!!

"If" an 1991 illusion show would have to be released.....why the hell not vote for this one?

06.25.91 - Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC

opening act: Skid Row

audio/video recording?: no

notes: Apparently another long show - estimated to be around 215 minutes!! GN'R hit the stage an hour late, at 10 p.m. A large part of the audience left early, leaving many empty seats. Axl asks the audience to forgive them if their playing is a bit sloppy since they're still learning to play the new songs. After about 12:30 a.m., Axl invites the remaining audience to move down to the lower premium seats.

215min Proshot/SBD we never have heard any amateur audio or amateur video?!?! that's be nearly 4h unseen/unheard live footage with the UYI Izzy era!!!

that looks absolutely terrific

this is from the time they were trying different songs and setlists so who knows what they played...

bad apples? coma? locomotive? dead horse? dont damn me?

who knows!

I asked Duff about this on a meet and greet back in 2007 with Velvet Revolver...he said "oh man, that whole project got shelved"

Slash leaned over and said "what was that?"

Duff "He asked about the documentary"

nice moment!

yeah, theres the documentary too!

so we have dozens of dozens of multicam pro shots recorded in video

and we also have all this footage that ws supposed to be used on the documentary that probably has got a huge amount of backstage stuff, soundchecks, rehearsals, promo video, interviews, etc etc etc