Who's Drummer about 1990 09 21

Thought you meant "Who's drummer", Zak Starkey or Kenney Jones.

Good reason to have a "Recording Sessions" book, and if these were the overdubbing sessions at the Record Plant (which meant the quality would be very good), Matt was probably in the band. It's possible when they were looking for a drummer, Duff did some of the playing on demos.

Who's Drummer about 1990 09 21 Ruffs With New Slash Guitar?

Adler fired July/11/1990

Matt join in maybe Nov,1990

so..

Not sure if I understand the question, but I know Fred Coury played some shows with them.

Fred played some shows in the late 80's. '88 or '89

it was actually in december 1987

FROM GNRONTOUR.COM = http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm87.htm

12.18.87 - UIC Pavilion, University Of Illinois-Chicago, Chicago, IL

opening for: Alice Cooper

set: It's So Easy, Out Ta Get Me, Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Paradise City

audio/video recording?: audio

notes: Fred Coury of Cinderella on drums. Axl mentions how he is being charged with assault on police officers, which occurred before at a show in Atlanta (11.22.87). Axl tells the crowd how he grew up very close to Chicago and listened to a lot of Chicago radio stations growing up. Slash dedicates 'Nightrain' to about 10 different friends in the audience.

poster

12.19.87 - Dane County Coliseum, Madison, WI

opening for: Alice Cooper

set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Move To The City, Used To Love Her, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Welcome To The Jungle, Blues Jam, Out Ta Get Me, Paradise City

notes: The last show opening for Alice Cooper. Fred Coury of Cinderella on drums filling in for Steven Adler. Before 'It's So Easy,' Axl says that he got jumped in Chicago the night before (12.18) because he had long hair. During the 'Blues Jam,' Axl goes into depth about the scuffle last night. He says that one guy grabbed him and told him he looked like Bon Jovi! Axl replied, “Bon Jovi can suck my dick!”

ticket

12.26.87 - Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA

opening acts: Funhouse, Junkyard, LA Guns

set: Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Used To Love Her, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Knockin' On Heaven's Door

notes: This setlist is incomplete. Fred Coury of Cinderella fills in for Steven Adler on drums. A sort of homecoming for GN'R, they hadn't played the LA area about 4 months. Axl talks about Todd Crew for a while before 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door.'

flyer

12.27.87 - Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA

set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You're Crazy, Blues Jam, Nightrain, Paradise City, Patience, Mama Kin, Don't Cry, Nice Boys

audio/video recording?: no

notes: Fred Coury of Cinderella fills in for Steven Adler on drums.

newspaper ad

photos

review

12.28.87 - Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA

set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Used To Love Her, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain, Paradise City, Patience, Mama Kin

notes: 3rd show at Perkin's Palace during 12.87. Fred Coury of Cinderella fills in for Steven Adler on drums.

newspaper ad

ticket

12.30.87 - Perkins Palace, Pasadena, CA

set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Sweet Child O' Mine, Used To Love Her, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Welcome To The Jungle, You're Crazy, Blues Jam, Nightrain, Paradise City, Patience, Mama Kin

notes: Fred Coury of Cinderella fills in for Steven Adler on drums.

ticket

FRED also played for them on 1 show in early 1988

01.05.88 - Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, CA

opening for: Great White

set: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Paradise City, Mama Kin

notes: KNAC's 2nd Anniversary Party, it was also a benefit for a children's charity. Fred Coury of Cinderella fills in for Steven Adler on drums.

Axl's backstage pass

photos

sweatshirt

01.14.88 - Coconut Teaszer, Hollywood, CA

set: I Got A Line On You, Wishing Well, Communication Breakdown, Scarred For Life, Sentimental Movie, Yesterdays, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Born To Be Wild, Honky Tonk Women

notes: This band is known as the Drunk Fux - Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven, West Arkeen & Del James. The first performance of 'Yesterdays,' Axl mentions they will try to record it next week. Axl sings lead on 'Yesterdays' & 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door,' and shares vocals on 'Honky Tonk Women.'

STEVEN RETURNED IN JANUARY 21, 1988

01.21.88 - The Cathouse, Hollywood, CA

set: It's So Easy, Move To The City, Mr. Brownstone, Out Ta Get Me, Used To Love Her, Patience, Sweet Child O' Mine, My Michelle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Blues Jam, Welcome To The Jungle, Nightrain, Paradise City, Whole Lotta Rosie [w/ Vince Neil]

notes: Steven's first show after he broke his arm. Special guest performance by Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe. During 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door,' Axl says that GN'R has settled their differences with Jetboy and dedicates the song to Todd Crew.

flyer

89 was a NO year for GNR, they only played a handful of shows including the infamous 4 dates opening for the stones, see details here = http://www.gnrontour.com/setlistalm89.htm

:headbang:

• Like 1