The Chin is Dead, Long Live the Chin!

Len Cnut

Ah sad. He was part of the fabric of football in England, just been around forever. One of those people who you just knew was a nice bloke. Old school.

Did anyone else do that thing as kids when someone was lying you go "Jiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmy" and stroke your chin :lol: what the fuck was that about?? :lol:

Edited by spunko12345
  • Like 1

Ah sad. He was part of the fabric of football in England, just been around forever. One of those people who you just knew was a nice bloke. Old school.

Did anyone else do that thing as kids when someone was lying you go "Jiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmy" and stroke your chin :lol: what the fuck was that about?? :lol:

It was billy round here, thats weird :lol:

EDIT: just googled it, Billy as in Billy Liar and Jimmy was a variation because Jimmy Hill had a massive chin. What the fuck has chins got to do with Billy Liar though? :lol: Quite apart from that I'd not seen Billy Liar as a kid so i couldnt've known the reference.

Edited by Len B'stard

EDIT: just googled it, Billy as in Billy Liar and Jimmy was a variation because Jimmy Hill had a massive chin. What the fuck has chins got to do with Billy Liar though? :lol: Quite apart from that I'd not seen Billy Liar as a kid so i couldnt've known the reference.

:lol: Billy Racon. We had that aswell. I reckon they were linked in some convulsed way.

I just thought of something else similar we used to do as kids hanging around in school but i don't want to say it in this thread as it's a Jimmy Hill thread and it's not a very nice thing we used to say. So go over to the General Chat thread and I'll post it in there :lol:

lmao

Y'know I never even connected that to Jimmy Hill. Everyone at my school used to go around doing that and I always wondered wtf that was about. Now I know. lol

It was always used in my school as a way of saying "yeah right", like when you didn't believe what someone was telling you. My friend used to drive me mad stroking his chin and pursing his lips saying "Jiiiimmmmy" to practically everything I said.

I never realised it was a nationwide phenomenon, I just figured it was a couple of dicks at my school. :lol:

Edited by Towelie

It was at my school too, along with "Itchy Chin". There was also this slightly mental kis that used to shout "89!" every lesson. Not sure that was a global phenom though.

We used to say "Trev" to everything, as a way of saying "whatever." It went from "whatever", to "Trevor", to "Trev."

God, kids can be dicks.

I still let the odd 'jew off' slip every so often if I'm honest! We had itchy chin too...trevs a knew one of me.

I do remember the magazine Revs getting called Trevs cuz it was run by a Trevor and considered a shit version of Max Power, not sure thats at all related though.

'Chief' had a good run here, 'fuckin' chief!', not sure how thats an insult.

Edited by Len B'stard

Dat chin...

Never noticed he had an abnormally large chin until this thread and those obituaries...

R.I.P dear sweet Football commentator guy from TV who's name I probably wouldn't have even guessed correctly had I've been given 4 probable choices to select the correct answer to the question 'what is that guy's name?'

Edited by Snake-Pit