Friends

AtariLegend

To this point its all fuckin' blokes in this thread...and they wonder why queers are on the rise :lol:

youre a homophobic piece of shit and you need to fuck off.
Queer queer queer queer queer queer queer :lol:
Youre ridiculous and you know it

Thoroughly ridiculous :lol: The fact that you decided to make a stand for human rights in the face of such ridiculous says more than a little about you too if i may say. And if i may not then up yours D

Edited by Len B'stard

Unlike British sitcom which is dark and tragic, set in housing estates, consisting of rag and bone men, American sitcoms have cushy little 'New York' style lives, full of people drinking coffee and sketches about relationship trouble.

You'd be stunned how many American sitcoms are versions of the ones over here.

Don't they always yankify them? The Americans do not like grit in their sitcoms.

Yeah and suck the character out of them. But the sheer amount of em is mindblowing!

Steptoe becomes Sanford

Porridge becomes On the Rocks

Birds of a Feather becomes stand by your man

Dear John becomes Dear John US

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin becomes Reggie

George and Mildred becomes The Ropers

Man About the House becomes Threes Company....only 25 years later so the idea of two birds and a man co-habiting is no longer socially unusual

On The Buses becomes Lots of Luck

Til Death Us Do Part becomes All in the Family, with zero serious satirical value of socio-political commentary

And thats just off the top of my head, there are tons more.

I loved Friends. It was my first favorite TV show. But seriously, I've never needed a "reunion", I've never needed a movie. They are actors, its a TV show. I've never understood this fascination with them all getting back together. Yes, I watch their other shows and its fun when Schwimmer will show up on Matt LeBlanc's show. But just for a laugh. My heart doesn't stop like it would for Axl and Slash being on the same stage. So I've never understood that fascination. I've very much on the cast's side where "it was a show. Get over it people!"

Also, I love how this was immediately reported everywhere. My dad told me about it and I said "not a chance", then you open the article and the first quote is "well we don't know if we can get all 6 of them in the same room..." and I cracked up. This reporting was worse than the GNR reunion, cause at leas that was rooted in truth. Total clickbait headline EVERYWHERE even though there's no evidence they'll all appear. But yeah, I'm happy they've held out this long. If they all stood on a stage and just thank Jim Burrows that would be sweet and enough for me. I don't have to see them get into character, do a sketch, do a full episode. They have always been right when they've said it would be pathetic, and thats coming from a massive heterosexual fan.

Unlike British sitcom which is dark and tragic, set in housing estates, consisting of rag and bone men, American sitcoms have cushy little 'New York' style lives, full of people drinking coffee and sketches about relationship trouble.

Well........................

Post war Britain was different to post war America, and I think you know what war I'm talking about sunshine.

And, well, US/UK sitcoms were produced different in the time of Friends, see, in Britain, we not only had a council estate in Peckham, we had....

What was written, was written, and when it came time to shoot, that was it, but Friends, as well as Cheers... re-writes could happen between takes, which were often tweeking gags to timing perfection with a studio audience and canned laughter in the editing... I want to see that season/edit of M*A*S*H were they used canned laughter and it didn't work.

Post war Britain was different to post war America, and I think you know what war I'm talking about sunshine.

And, well, US/UK sitcoms were produced different in the time of Friends, see, in Britain, we not only had a council estate in Peckham, we had....

What was written, was written, and when it came time to shoot, that was it, but Friends, as well as Cheers... re-writes could happen between takes, which were often tweeking gags to timing perfection with a studio audience and canned laughter in the editing... I want to see that season/edit of M*A*S*H were they used canned laughter and it didn't work.

You know Fools & Horses is an early 80s show, don't you?

I miss Taxi, was't James Burrows behind that show too?

Well, so is Cheers, and Jim Burrows...

Point being OFAH aint a sitcom produced in the time of Friends. Ab Fab is more of that time...and is far superior than anything coming out of America. Bottom is more of that time too. Or The Fast Show.

Edited by Len B'stard

Point being OFAH aint a sitcom produced in the time of Friends.

I know they were both in production in the 1990s, by which time the cast of Young Ones graduated to Bottom and Red Dwarf got bigger.

The story was on OFAO; they became millionaires in the 1990s. Was even a gag about the Beckhams in some future dream sequence they did.

Edited by Snake-Pit

This show ended when I was in middle school. Don't recall a single episode.

Must have been good though. There hasn't been a TV show that has garnered so much publicity since.

Nah, trust me, it was a load of shite, trust me, shite, shite, S.H.I.T.E, take it from your Uncle Len sunbeam, proper bollocks, you missed exactly nothing.