How much control of the band has Axl relinquished for the tour?

My guess is that Axl still 100% owns the band name, and that Slash and Duff always had a say in the Merch department (when dealing with old logo's etc). I'd guess that both guys have been made equal members with Axl though. I can't see them signing a contract that effectively makes them Axl's employee's, wasn't that Slash's reasoning for his departure the first time around? obviously they receive no royalties related to CD era material though. I would like for both of them to be on an equal ground with Axl it is however, quite possible that they agreed to come back and just be hired musicians... which would be shit, for a lot of reasons.

Izzy being lumped in with the hired guns is crap. He deserves better than that.

Izzy deserves to be acknowledged as the musical leader of GNR.

Don't know about that, I just think it's bullshit to have him lumped in with Richard and whoever else.

Real GN'R was very much a group effort. Sweet Child O' Mine is a perfect example of what I mean. Slash accidentally came up with maybe the greatest opening riff of all-time, but didn't realize how good it was. Izzy and Duff recognized it and told him to play it again, then added their parts to it. Meanwhile Axl was upstairs writing lyrics and vocal melodies. And then you have Adler who Izzy said was so important that "nothing worked" without him.

a riff in search of a song...GNR would be nothing without Izzy's chord progressions. Duff has written some good songs and Axl is good with pompous ballads, but Izzy rules the roost in terms of songwriting in GNR.

I agree he's the best songwriter of the bunch, but it ain't GN'R without the others and he would be the first one to say that. My point earlier is just that he shouldn't be lumped in with hired guns. Adler is perhaps the only one who should be treated that way due to the strong possibility of relapse. Air-tight contract with 24/7 babysitters to keep him from going over the edge.

Fortus should pay some respect and start playing Izzy parts the way they should be played. Time for him to stop posing out there onstage and take a back seat too...

• Like 1

With only 2 guitar players, he'll probably stick more to the original studio versions.

I would hope so.. I hated the way NuGnR played the songs.... Never understood why Slash's bands could play them spot on but NuGnR had to make them all sound like cheap covers.

Don't know about that, I just think it's bullshit to have him lumped in with Richard and whoever else.

For all we know, Slash and Duff might be salaried so Izzy will be in good company.

My guess is that Axl still 100% owns the band name, and that Slash and Duff always had a say in the Merch department (when dealing with old logo's etc). I'd guess that both guys have been made equal members with Axl though. I can't see them signing a contract that effectively makes them Axl's employee's, wasn't that Slash's reasoning for his departure the first time around? obviously they receive no royalties related to CD era material though. I would like for both of them to be on an equal ground with Axl it is however, quite possible that they agreed to come back and just be hired musicians... which would be shit, for a lot of reasons.

Slash and Duff have done one of two things. Either they have revived the partnership with Axl, which was indeed still in existence for licensing and merchandising purposes, or, they have joined Axl's GN'R. Under the former system they will take a percentage as will Axl. Under the latter system, Axl will pay them a (no doubt gigantic) salary. If I had to guess I would guess the former.

With only 2 guitar players, he'll probably stick more to the original studio versions.

I would hope so.. I hated the way NuGnR played the songs.... Never understood why Slash's bands could play them spot on but NuGnR had to make them all sound like cheap covers.

That's just not true. Other than Slash's guitar, Slash's bands were a cheap cover.

That's just not true. Other than Slash's guitar, Slash's bands were a cheap cover.

except for the Slash's Snakepit 2000-2001 band.

Bullshit... Take Myles out of it and the songs were 10 times closer to the original spirit of the songs that NuGnR... Wasn't even close...

Bullshit... Take Myles out of it and the songs were 10 times closer to the original spirit of the songs that NuGnR... Wasn't even close...

Aren't opinions great? I can tell you're really into yours.

Slash and Duff have done one of two things. Either they have revived the partnership with Axl, which was indeed still in existence for licensing and merchandising purposes, or, they have joined Axl's GN'R. Under the former system they will take a percentage as will Axl. Under the latter system, Axl will pay them a (no doubt gigantic) salary. If I had to guess I would guess the former.

There are a lot of other options, it's not just those two possibilities. And those two things are not even mutually exclusive.

If what Eddie says is true, and there's a committee and an oversight management team, well that suggests that things are beyond what is speculated about on the message boards imo.

Real GN'R was very much a group effort. Sweet Child O' Mine is a perfect example of what I mean. Slash accidentally came up with maybe the greatest opening riff of all-time, but didn't realize how good it was. Izzy and Duff recognized it and told him to play it again, then added their parts to it. Meanwhile Axl was upstairs writing lyrics and vocal melodies. And then you have Adler who Izzy said was so important that "nothing worked" without him.

a riff in search of a song...GNR would be nothing without Izzy's chord progressions. Duff has written some good songs and Axl is good with pompous ballads, but Izzy rules the roost in terms of songwriting in GNR.

I agree he's the best songwriter of the bunch, but it ain't GN'R without the others and he would be the first one to say that.

Well, you just need to listen to his solo albums... that kinda makes it obvious that GNR was the sum of it's parts and everyone was important for the GNR sound. Izzy on his own is nothing to write home about, as are the others.

except for the Slash's Snakepit 2000-2001 band.

Slash's Snakepit was my favorite Slash project. Wish that stuck post guns

Nope, no way. Saw them both multiple times and that was not the case.

There are a lot of other options, it's not just those two possibilities. And those two things are not even mutually exclusive.

If what Eddie says is true, and there's a committee and an oversight management team, well that suggests that things are beyond what is speculated about on the message boards imo.

What other possibilities exist than being paid a percentage or under contract? I cannot think of any.

I wonder if Axl and TB will be exclusively managing the stage setup and show, or whether Slash and Duff will contribute. I sure would enjoy something a little stripped down and simple, but knowing Axl I'm wondering if we will see strippers and pyro heavily featured at Coachella.

What other possibilities exist than being paid a percentage or under contract? I cannot think of any.

Well there are probably some. I just don't think it's so black and white; they'll always get a percentage from the partnership, no matter what other arrangements they make. When it was said Coachella is dealing directly with each member, I first thought that meant individually, not as a partnership. That's a possibility.

Well there are probably some. I just don't think it's so black and white; they'll always get a percentage from the partnership, no matter what other arrangements they make. When it was said Coachella is dealing directly with each member, I first thought that meant individually, not as a partnership. That's a possibility.

I meant the tour, percentages of the upcoming tour and the general reunion.

only they know, but seriously...

there is 0 fucking chance Slash and Duff came back as employes. Nada.

...as to ppl who say Ax didn't give up name...

C'mon, Axl was musically dead!

Outside of UK and US he played to crowds of 2300-2500ppl

Be serious, without Slash and Duff, he was ready for - retirement.

I can answer this. There's an oversight management team and then each principal member (Axl, Slash, and Duff) have a representative on a committee, and there is also a forth person to look out for the interests of the unrepresented participants (Richard, Dizzy, and Izzy, Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, etc).

Tracy, Roberta and Teddy? Please tell me you were just suggesting some additonal band members and that these aren't actually included in the ineup for the upcoming shows.

No more bloatedness.

I was only joking about the Tracy Roberta and Teddy part. The fact is that I know the Richard, Dizzy, and Izzy will be involved and there is a committee so to speak that gives input and represents the interest of their band members to the oversight management team.

I can answer this. There's an oversight management team and then each principal member (Axl, Slash, and Duff) have a representative on a committee, and there is also a forth person to look out for the interests of the unrepresented participants (Richard, Dizzy, and Izzy, Tracy, Roberta, Teddy Zig Zag, etc).

I can dig that, but this:

Axl is always in control. Everyone goes through him.

has always been the case.

So I guess what I'm wondering is even with that management style in place, how would things work out?

Let's say for example, that Slash wants to do the AFD version of You're Crazy but Axl doesn't want to do the song at all. Is that something the management board would work out?

I can't answer that, but I don't think it's that extreme. Hopefully, the band works those details out among themselves. There are much bigger decisions concerning marketing, $$$, tour dates, travel, etc.
Do you know if Shitman's out for real?