Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi Discussion Thread (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Powerage5

On 4/12/2017 at 10:10 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Calling it now. The Han Solo trailer will use the song Shoot To Thrill by AC/DC, and the tag line of the movie will be "Shoot First! - Summer 2018" #shootfirst

I can't see Star Wars doing that. I'll take that bet! ;)

Edited by luciusfunk

Im already thinking too hard

-There appear to be walkers on the horizon in the bombing strike scene

-There is an A Wing in the hanger when Poe's black X Wing gets hit

-Luke appears to be wearing the same robe he did in TFA's flashback in the burning scene with R2... may be more of the flashback

-Obi Wan and Yoda can be heard in the background

Edited by ZoSoRose

26 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

-Obi Wan and Yoda can be heard in the background

You hear Leia saying "Help me Obi-Wan..." right before Rey says light. and Vader breathing and Obi-Wan saying "...Seduced by the Dark Side..." right before she says Darkness. And Yoda saying "Surrounds us, and binds us..." right before She says and Balance

1 minute ago, Słash said:

it seems that Luke is the last Jedi, and Rey will be the first to channel both the light and the dark. This is exactly what the entire series has been suggesting; there cannot be a rejection of either side.

Darth Revan confirmed

• Like 2

As star wars theory said, the Jedi's study of the force was wrong, and went against the balance, the fact that luke is on the island that could very well be the oldest jedi temple means he could have learned what the force is truly for or what the jedi should have done, unlike the generation of dogmatic jedi from the prequels.

24 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I know trailers can be deceiving, but this looks like it's going to be a lot more original than TFA. 

Choo choo, motherfuckers!

There is absolutely no way to tell that from this trailer. Its so dark and vague.

The shot of the B-Wing ships flying across that  white desert floor at a dozen AT-ATs looks exactly like Hoth to me. The red smoke trails may be an unconventional way to bring down the At-ATs, a la the wire harpoons on Hoth.

We know this movie will also incorporate Jedi training and higher stakes. That doesn't mean it will echo Empire, but they sure are starting with the same template, and it will be easy to slip into that shoe, based on what we know.

Edited by Dan H.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Słash said:

it seems that Luke is the last Jedi, and Rey will be the first to channel both the light and the dark. This is exactly what the entire series has been suggesting; there cannot be a rejection of either side.

That's what everyone on Reddit is thinking - the Force being balanced means no Jedi and no Sith; Force users are more grey, pulling on both sides of the Force. It's worth noting that in both of the Disney SW films so far, a different faction of Force users has been mentioned by name - the Knights of Ren in TFA, and the Guardians of the Whills in RO (Though to be fair, this one was in the EU and just formally canonized). We may see this trend continue and see the traditional black and white of the Force give way to many factions.

10 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

There is absolutely no way to tell that from this trailer. Its so dark and vague.

The shot of the B-Wing ships flying across that  white desert floor at a dozen AT-ATs looks exactly like Hoth to me. The red smoke trails may be an unconventional way to bring down the At-ATs, a la the wire harpoons on Hoth.

We know this movie will also incorporate Jedi training and higher stakes. That doesn't mean it will echo Empire, but they sure are starting with the same template, and it will be easy to slip into that shoe, based on what we know.

I didn't mean so much in terms of plot - of course that's impossible to tell from a two minute trailer. I meant more in terms of bigger picture, it seems like TLJ is going to bring some big new ideas to the SW universe. Even just what I highlighted right above in this post, bringing something like that into SW canon would have huge implications and be pretty original, at least in terms of canon material.