04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

1 minute ago, rock4eva said:

I've got you tube on but if it's going to be 10.30 in 2 hrs it's either way behind or not the actual concert. It's daylight yet the current time in California is 8.30pm? Are GnR coming on around 10.30 or was that someone guessing?

Mtv.com reporting 1240 am on channel one

1 minute ago, flickn said:

Mtv.com reporting guns will hit stage at 1240 am channel one

If you want to watch the 15 min pro-shot stream yes.

Anyone want to catch them on Periscope, GN'R's set time is 10:30 pm. That's when they will hit the stage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Yup, if it's Saturday where you are now, it'll be Sunday in your local time when GN'R performs.

Well aren't I a dummy? I thought they were playing Friday night but now I see the list of singers & times thanks to whoever put it up so now I can follow it.

:facepalm:

I think there's some confusion on here on a few things. I'll make this post to try clear some things up.

GUNS N' ROSES are scheduled to play their set at 10:30 pm, PDT (local time) on Saturday April 16.

2016_coachella_wk1_sat_settimes-600x424.

^^^^^^^^
This is the schedule we have to follow if we want live Periscope streams from the concert.

Then, you have the Coachella Live Streaming Channels. According to their schedule, they won't show the complete GN'R performance, but a 15 minute snippet (probably 2 or 3 songs from within their set).

That is scheduled to take place at 12:40 am - 12:55 am PDT (local time) tomorrow (the night between Saturday and Sunday).

It can be seen here: http://live.coachella.com on Channel 1.

• Like 3

Guys i'm also checking at the moment the Coachella streaming schedule on their youtube channel and i can't find GN'R anywhere on the list. If they stream the show at all the only option is:

"Special Performance" on 12:40am local time (GMT -8) - April 16

Edited by flyaway

4 minutes ago, flyaway said:

Guys i'm also checking at the moment the Coachella streaming schedule on their youtube channel and i can't find GN'R anywhere on the list. If they stream the show at all the only option is:

"Special Performance" on 12:40am local time (GMT +8) - April 16

I noticed that too, but it's confirmed that the "Special Performance" is GN'R if you look at the schedule at the Coachella Live Stream site (not on youtube).

Not sure why they labeled it as "Special Performance" on youtube.

It might be because the GN'R stream will be sort of different from all the other bands' streams, being only a few songs from their set. Maybe they called it "Special Performance" so people wouldn't think "oh, now I'm gonna watch the complete GN'R set".

Edited by Spirit

The idea that they're trying to be 'secretive' by not streaming all of the show through Coachella would make sense if we didn't live in this age of technology. Whether it's through the official channel, or Periscope or anything... that whole show is getting seen. May as well have it be professional shots for the fans.

1 minute ago, toroymoi said:

The idea that they're trying to be 'secretive' by not streaming all of the show through Coachella would make sense if we didn't live in this age of technology. Whether it's through the official channel, or Periscope or anything... that whole show is getting seen. May as well have it be professional shots for the fans.

You never know if GN'R plan on releasing the show on Blu-ray maybe?

They wouldn't want the complete show in 1080p available on youtube already.

It could be a reason.

6 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I noticed that too, but it's confirmed that the "Special Performance" is GN'R if you look at the schedule at the Coachella Live Stream site (not on youtube).

Not sure why they labeled it as "Special Performance" on youtube.

It might be because the GN'R stream will be sort of different from all the other bands' streams, being only a few songs from their set. Maybe they called it "Special Performance" so people wouldn't think "oh, now I'm gonna watch the complete GN'R set".

There's something strange the start time of the stream from your link is 10:40AM  and on their youtube channel is 12:40AM

Just now, Spirit said:

It could be a reason.

There not going to release a DVD of a performance where Axl has a broken leg. Period. lol no way in hell they would do that. I wouldn't mind but it just doesn't make any sense to.

• Like 1

Just now, Spirit said:

It could be a reason.

You have a point, but I doubt they'd be vying to sell footage of Axl in a cast at 1080p.

2 minutes ago, flyaway said:

There's something strange the start time of the stream from your link is 10:40AM  and on their youtube channel is 12:40AM

That's because the times at the site I linked to is your local time. If it says 10:40 am I can assume you're somewhere in eastern Europe or a similar time zone.

3 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

There not going to release a DVD of a performance where Axl has a broken leg. Period. lol no way in hell they would do that. I wouldn't mind but it just doesn't make any sense to.

Maybe just as little sense as letting them stream the whole concert live then.

Maybe Axl's broken foot is the reason they don't want to stream the complete concert?

2 minutes ago, flyaway said:

I'm in Europe, yes. It can be, but if they link the time this way it's not correct because it should be 10:40 on the next day, 17 Apr., not under the schedule for 16 Apr. Anyway...

GN'R is under the April 16 schedule because that's the day they're assigned to on the Coachella bill.

It will be somewhat wrong with the times as you say when you are located several time zones away.

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Maybe just as little sense as letting them stream the whole concert live then.

Maybe Axl's broken foot is the reason they don't want to stream the complete concert?

Letting them stream the concert is totally different than releasing a dvd. Guns are playing the show so there not embarassed about his broken leg or anything and don't mind people seeing the show but releasing a dvd is a whole other thing. They would want to do one of the best GN'R shows they can with GN'R at their best. There's been 2 Official live DVD's the bands whole career, the third isn't going to be Axl in a cast DVD

• Like 1

Just now, StoneTempleRoses said:

Letting them stream the concert is totally different than releasing a dvd. Guns are playing the show so there not embarassed about his broken leg or anything and don't mind people seeing the show but releasing a dvd is a whole other thing. They would want to do one of the best GN'R shows they can with GN'R at their best. There's been 2 Official live DVD's the bands whole career, the third isn't going to be Axl in a cast DVD

Ok, I'm just spitballing here and really have no clue why they don't stream the whole show.

I can see why the DVD is probably out of the question.

It could be, since they're streaming some of the concert after all, they figured 3 songs were enough of a teaser for the tour coming up. They don't want a complete pro-shot concert out there now, before the tour is starting.

I don't want it to come off as I'm defending them (whoever "them" might be) not showing the complete GN'R set, because I would want a complete concert pro-shot more than anything. :)