Whats the big deal about Vegas?

I'm guessing it's the chance to see axl and slash on stage together for the first time in 22 years that has people excited about the Vegas show(s). And this is the most active GNR message board on the internet, so, there's that, too.

10 hours ago, tsinindy said:

10 hours ago, thunderram said:

Like many others have stated thus far, there are many reasons why these shows in Vegas are attractive:

• There's no guarantee they will ever play a venue in or near your location
  • the 1st shows, especially the very 1st, are sure to be more memorable and special than any others due to history and circumstance
  • they are playing an arena -- a brand new one at that -- which is much more intimate than a stadium or festivals

Again, I can't see any problem with point 1 and 3.. I can travel anywhere and I Like big concerts in big stadiums.

Completely disagree with point n.2!!!!!

But I don't want to argue anymore. I'm really happy For all those ones going to Las Vegas!! ^_^

Have fun!!!! :*

• Like 1

I've been a fan since i was 7 years or so, saw them at the age of ten (93) and also all the new incarnations. I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined axl and slash being on the same stage together.

The first show will be something very special, a historical moment, probably also for me personally. I am getting goosebumps every time i just think about the lights going out and slash starting the jungle riff.

That's what makes vegas so special, it will be historic. every show after that will be great too, but wont be as historic as vegas

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wasted said:

I think the first show is like the purest experience in a way. Like I won't be there but I'll see pics, videos set lists etc so I'll have an idea of the experience. Then you get the reviews, Axls voice sucks, they didn't play whatever, no new songs, all the bitching etc. the first show is a virgin and the 18th show at the Tacoma dome is a slutty bitch. Virgin hunters are kind of creepy. Axl might be more on fire by show 17. He might have perfected his clickbait rant. I think enforcing a no iphone law might ramp things up. 

Why aren't you going to the Vegas show? You can easily get the backstage pass or you want to avoid cause you said things about Axl? 

20 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I wanted to make this thread a few days back and as people are cluttering the Social media thread, it would be good to talk about it here.

Its cool people are going to Vegas and Honestly I am jealous of them lol, but I really don't get the big deal, Im a big GNR fan, I always wanted to see Axl and Slash together, I even said to myself that I will spend up to $1000 if it happens.

It is supposed to be the first show, but like to some of the people who are especially going, you are going just cause you want to say you went to the first GNR reunion show? or you think they won't do any shows after Coachella? I know all of them are going there to enjoy and have fun, there are a few that are going just cause its the first one. 

Personally I am waiting for them to go to Europe so I can hit 2 birds with one stone, its cool people are going to Vegas, but spending so much money, like some people have bought just the tickets for $1000 and up, its cool that you have that kind of money, Im not comparing, but its like some people wait in lines for the Iphone to release and they want to be the first ones to get it, I kinda find that stupid, I'd rather wait for a few weeks till it releases at my place and as long as im happy with it, it doesn't matters If im not the first one.

As there are rumors that they might play a small venue before Vegas, then what is your Opinion/Reaction? 

What does it matter to you why complete strangers go to a show? Or the reasons people buy an IPhone? Just do what makes you happy and stop caring so much about what other people do, especially when it has no negative effect on your life. 

Edited by Apollo

19 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Simple answer...its Vegas baby!

slightly more complicated answer...exactly what @RussTCB said except I haven't seen GnR since 1992.  So, seeing your favorite band together again for the first time in 23 years is pretty awesome...literally seeing them the first time they do it makes it even more awesome.

??????????

I would go if I had the money but I'm looking for Europe Tour dates.. If there will be any.

I think Las Vegas is pretty boring. I feel like Vegas is a place for forgotten artists/bands to try to do their comeback and usually they fail miserably. 

Like others have said, it's Vegas baby!  I have other friends (not die hard G N' R fans) meeting up with me while we're there, going to the Manny Pacquiao/Bradley fight on Saturday night and going to have a blast meeting up with other fans while we're out there as well.  And of course seeing them together on stage for the first time in 23 years is huge.

Edited by Kasanova King