Whats the big deal about Vegas?

55 minutes ago, FoxySCFC said:

The big deal is obviously Axl Rose and Slash are gonna be sharing a stage again for the first time since the early 90's.

GNR are my favourite band, I've never been to America before let alone Vegas and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it so why not go?

Does the fact it's maybe gonna be the first show make a difference? Yes of course that factors in. Will it bother me if they play a show before then? Not really.

Im flying out to Vegas to see the most exciting version of guns n roses since the illusions. I'm going on my own and it's gonna be the most spontaneous thing I've ever done.

For every single person in that arena when they hear slash's les Paul ring out the first notes of jungle and hear Axl Rose screech out the opening lines, that right there will be a big deal. Hearing that magic for the first time in decades and something 99% of people thought would never happen is gonna be priceless.

I only got back from the States in October but otherwise pretty much this. 

Edited by Dazey

If I had the cash I'd be there in a heartbeat. Even just seeing Axl and Duff together in London and Buenos Aires was a trip, the roof is going to be torn off that Arena on the 8th and the 9th when people see Axl and Slash share a stage for the first time since '93.

• Like 2

I told my wife when I met her 18 years ago if Slash and Axl ever got back together, I was going to the first show in case there wasn't a second show.  I didn't care where it was, I was going.  The fact that it's in Vegas is just a bonus. 

Having said that, I don't care if it's not the first actual show and they do a warm up club gig in LA that I could never get to anyway.  I'll be there for the first real show.  With my best friend.  And with several people from various forums that I have gotten to know over the years. 

8 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

First show, secondo, last one.

What's he difference? I can't see it.

I'm happy they're back together. Stop.

I'll go to see  them here in europe. I'll wait patiently 'till that day...

Nothing wrong with this point of view.  But another thing is I don't want to go see them after having seen everything on YouTube.  I mean I would and probably will again after Vegas.  But I'll be seeing it first-hand, no spoilers.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

First show, secondo, last one.

What's he difference? I can't see it.

I'm happy they're back together. Stop.

I'll go to see  them here in europe. I'll wait patiently 'till that day...

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Nothing wrong with this point of view.  But another thing is I don't want to go see them after having seen everything on YouTube.  I mean I would and probably will again after Vegas.  But I'll be seeing it first-hand, no spoilers.  

My thing was making sure I got to seem them before things went south. Not saying that's gonna happen, but you never know with this band...

Like many others have stated thus far, there are many reasons why these shows in Vegas are attractive:

• they are the 1st shows with Slash/Axl in 23 years.
  • There's no guarantee they will ever play a venue in or near your location
  • the 1st shows, especially the very 1st, are sure to be more memorable and special than any others due to history and circumstance
  • they are playing an arena -- a brand new one at that -- which is much more intimate than a stadium or festival
  • it's freaking Vegas

Going to very first show is important to me for various reasons. I can understand that it is not for others. I actually took a chance not pursuing tickets to Coachella hoping that they'd play a show or two beforehand and I got lucky. Coachella just didn't appeal to me in the least. If I'm going to spend close to $1000 for 2 tickets (Coachella was $399 ea), I need to be guaranteed a seat close to the action in a somewhat intimate environment and not in 100+ degree heat. That's not Coachella. Also, I've seen GN'R in both arena and stadium environments. I much prefer the arena experience, which Vegas will be.

Lastly, if I'm going to travel anywhere in the US to see the band perform, Vegas would be near the top of the list since it's a travel destination regardless whether I was going to see my all-time favorite band play or not. Lots of things to do and a good time of year to go.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, emybdc said:

My thing was making sure I got to seem them before things went south. Not saying that's gonna happen, but you never know with this band...

True, but in this case for you its ok cause you are hitting 2 birds with one stone, you will see the US, your fav. band and you will see tesla and it will be a great holiday for you. Even I travelled to places to see NuGNR and Slash. 

But there are some people spending thousands on just show tickets and coming from all over the place just cause its the first show, Im not mocking them, but I guess everyone has their own priorities in life, If at the moment I had more money, then yeah even I would have come there.

I don't think so this thing will be just a couple of shows, I guess in a few days or weeks we will know the full plan, so yeah well I'd rather wait till then. 

I tip my hat to Guns, assuming 4/8 is truly the first show. Personally, and obviously for many others on here, I made a vow when I first heard Slash say "it's very cool actually". I said "I'll be at that first fuckin show because that moment is gonna be rock roll history, and goddamn GnFnR is my religion". Then I heard Coachella, and I was bummed. I have no interest in camping in the fuckin desert with a bunch of hipsters. I'm 45- my days of that shit are far in the rear view... Not to mention my ol lady wants to go as well. REALLY not down with Coachella...

I figured, I'll hold out. Maybe LA or NY tune up first..,

Then, fuckin VEGAS motherfuckers!!!!!

The perfect place! Nothing but a tourist destination for people all over the world! Thousands of hotel rooms! Flights from everywhere! Etc etc!!!! 

And obviously, there are many other hard core Gunners that made the same promise to themselves- gonna be there for that first one... 

So for me, that's the big deal about Vegas. I don't want some "surprise" small show for a bunch of media and rich Hollywood dick heads. The biggest Gunners in the world will be in Vegas for this. (No disrespect to people who can't go for financial or geographical reasons or whatever)... But fuckin A!!!!

• Like 3

I think the first show is like the purest experience in a way. Like I won't be there but I'll see pics, videos set lists etc so I'll have an idea of the experience. Then you get the reviews, Axls voice sucks, they didn't play whatever, no new songs, all the bitching etc. the first show is a virgin and the 18th show at the Tacoma dome is a slutty bitch. Virgin hunters are kind of creepy. Axl might be more on fire by show 17. He might have perfected his clickbait rant. I think enforcing a no iphone law might ramp things up. 

• Like 3

Many,many reasons for me. I waited forever to see this and I can't wait any longer also as stated previously alot of the rumored future shows will be in stadiums. I saw the Stones and Kid Rock in Columbus last year at the Shoe. I had good seats and you couldn't see the band and the sound was not very good. Also Vegas has Carl's Jr. and In n out burgers. I can't wait to try the El Diablo Thick burger at Carl's Jr. Lastly, it's Vegas!!!

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Im getting stick from my mates for going on my own. Its certainly a ballsy move, but i love GNR, its my thing and this experiance doesn't come around often.

It probably wont live up to the hype but ill have a great time none the less.

Bro, I am going by myself. Nothing wrong with that. All my friends either don't have the money or their wives won't let them go.

Edited by BigD62

As of right now I am not going due to not having tickets (don't get me started) but I agree with all of the reasons mentioned so far.  But for me personally the biggest reason is because of all the fans that will be there.  From going to shows over the years my absolute favorite part (and don't get me wrong the show itself is a damn close second) is hanging with the other fans.  This is especially true for Vegas in 2014. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I think the first show is like the purest experience in a way. Like I won't be there but I'll see pics, videos set lists etc so I'll have an idea of the experience. Then you get the reviews, Axls voice sucks, they didn't play whatever, no new songs, all the bitching etc. the first show is a virgin and the 18th show at the Tacoma dome is a slutty bitch. Virgin hunters are kind of creepy. Axl might be more on fire by show 17. He might have perfected his clickbait rant. I think enforcing a no iphone law might ramp things up. 

Haha great analogy. 

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Like many others have stated thus far, there are many reasons why these shows in Vegas are attractive:

• they are the 1st shows with Slash/Axl in 23 years.
  • There's no guarantee they will ever play a venue in or near your location
  • the 1st shows, especially the very 1st, are sure to be more memorable and special than any others due to history and circumstance
  • they are playing an arena -- a brand new one at that -- which is much more intimate than a stadium or festival
  • it's freaking Vegas

Going to very first show is important to me for various reasons. I can understand that it is not for others. I actually took a chance not pursuing tickets to Coachella hoping that they'd play a show or two beforehand and I got lucky. Coachella just didn't appeal to me in the least. If I'm going to spend close to $1000 for 2 tickets (Coachella was $399 ea), I need to be guaranteed a seat close to the action in a somewhat intimate environment and not in 100+ degree heat. That's not Coachella. Also, I've seen GN'R in both arena and stadium environments. I much prefer the arena experience, which Vegas will be.

Lastly, if I'm going to travel anywhere in the US to see the band perform, Vegas would be near the top of the list since it's a travel destination regardless whether I was going to see my all-time favorite band play or not. Lots of things to do and a good time of year to go.

^-----What this guy said.

I vowed a long time ago, if they ever got together again, I would be there. I was always shooting for the first show, because the history of it is cool AND admittedly I was worried about the whole thing unraveling quite quickly, afterall this is the band with the "appetite for self-destruction". Also who in the fuck in their right mind would want to deal with 100,000 douche-bag LA hipsters in a sweltering desert with likely $15 bottled water? With fucking LCD soundsystems, and 100 crap acts to sit through. There's not enough acid on the planet to make that an enjoyable experience LoL

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Billsfan said:

That was then, and this is now. I can wrap my head around that, but regardless they still won't answer every question the first night and will have to at some point. I just think it'd be easier to get it over with by doing an interview a week or two before the shows

I do agree with you but you know how Axl has always worked and I think his mindset is what I described.  I've never agreed with the no communication with the fanbase.  Better yet I think it is downright stupid. He has played the Howard Hughes of rock card to death. Website, Facebook, andTwitter are useless. Why even have them? And don't get me started on how he and management play like they are victims. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, pisses me off. But its the music that I like not the soap opera. Axl's voice and Slash's guitar......I'm glad they are back together. 

4 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Im getting stick from my mates for going on my own. Its certainly a ballsy move, but i love GNR, its my thing and this experiance doesn't come around often.

It probably wont live up to the hype but ill have a great time none the less.

3 hours ago, BigD62 said:

Bro, I am going by myself. Nothing wrong with that. All my friends either don't have the money or their wives won't let them go.

Totally agree, nothing wrong with that, I'm flying this one solo too, only due to mates not having the money to fly from NZ.

Going to vegas as I was not sure the band would ever make it to NZ.  And, I wanted to do one last rock 'n roll trip before I settle down with a mortgage around my neck (so to speak), and The Darkness are playing the following week which makes it an added bonus, and i have a VIP meet and greet  pass.   I am going to love vegas lol 

"Whats the big deal about Vegas?".  LOL   Ahhhh Vegas kicks ass.  It's a 24 hour party and the pool parties (if you are at the right resort) are outta control.  And then you add in Guns n FUCKING Roses reunited after 23 too fucking many years and it's magic.  Dream come true.  I've seen  seen big concerts in Vegas.  Nothing compares to the energy and magic in the air than a big event in Vegas..it's amazing.   For you rookie Vegas visitors, all I can say is strap in, buckle up because it'll be so electric. Soak it all in....enjoy the weekend...it'll be gone in a flash. 

Imagine the intro...lights go out.....then Slash kicks into Jungle.  FUCK-....bedlam!

I'm going because Coachella  was not an option for me. Hipsters in the desert? Not my scene. 

I'm in California, so Vegas is easy to get to. Vegas is fun. I will be there for a few days, doing Vegas-ie stuff, aside from the concert.

I'm sure that the energy will be electric since these are the first shows- which is a bonus. But if the first show was in, say, New York?

I wouldn't be going.

As far as $$$ goes... I keep a credit card just for GnR tickets/expenses. I'm weird like that. :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I tip my hat to Guns, assuming 4/8 is truly the first show. Personally, and obviously for many others on here, I made a vow when I first heard Slash say "it's very cool actually". I said "I'll be at that first fuckin show because that moment is gonna be rock roll history, and goddamn GnFnR is my religion". Then I heard Coachella, and I was bummed. I have no interest in camping in the fuckin desert with a bunch of hipsters. I'm 45- my days of that shit are far in the rear view... Not to mention my ol lady wants to go as well. REALLY not down with Coachella...

I figured, I'll hold out. Maybe LA or NY tune up first..,

Then, fuckin VEGAS motherfuckers!!!!!

The perfect place! Nothing but a tourist destination for people all over the world! Thousands of hotel rooms! Flights from everywhere! Etc etc!!!! 

And obviously, there are many other hard core Gunners that made the same promise to themselves- gonna be there for that first one... 

So for me, that's the big deal about Vegas. I don't want some "surprise" small show for a bunch of media and rich Hollywood dick heads. The biggest Gunners in the world will be in Vegas for this. (No disrespect to people who can't go for financial or geographical reasons or whatever)... But fuckin A!!!!

LOL "I'm 45- my days of that shit are far in the rear view"  'Young at heart but I'm only 28...." doesn't really apply to us anymore.  (I'm 45).  But emotionally I'm like 23.

To me it's more important to see a good show. 

GNR in their prime are my favorite band by far, seeing them live for the first time is something I'm looking forward to. 

But regardless if it's their first, or their 50th show, I would be disappointed if I'm there and they'd suck. That's my biggest fear.

So the financial aspect aside, I'll take the risk to wait for a European show. Even if this might not ever happen.

Till then I have Youtube and probably a slightly bigger chance to see an Axl who's in form.

10 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Ok For the spoilers, you're Right.

But there's a huuuuuge difference between watching videos on you tube and seeing a band live :)

I'm not worried of seeing GNR live after watching the us shows on youtube