07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

9 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I don't know if it's right or wrong, but im certanly not enjoying this reunion. Axl sounds like shit on most songs.

Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine, Civil War, November Rain, Sweet Child O Mine, the raspy parts of Dont Cry and Estranged... He isn't even trying to rasp this songs. With AC/DC, he nailed EVERY FUCKING SONG (except Dirty Deeds and TNT from Lisbon and the first Touch Too Much).

I think it's pretty unfair that we must hear how he butchers our classics with his mickey voice, while on the other hand he is giving 110% with ACDC.

No, the "ACDC is easier to sing" excuse is complete bullshit. This is Axl fucking Rose we're talking about.

Just my opinion on this. I will see them when they come to Argentina though, no doubts.

I agree with this post. I also think the Chicago Tribune reviewer felt the same way. There is no doubt that this band "belongs"to Slash now. Maybe not technically speaking, but as far as performance and presence, he is the show. Back in the day, it was Axl who was the face and drove the band.  

I also agree that Axl is intentionally not singing these songs well, except for 4 songs( we know which ones they are).I still believe he will retire GNR and finish his career with ACDC.  At least He made peace with his old band mates and he will allow them more freedom to do things relating to GNR in the future. Enjoy the nostalgia while it last. We are experiencing the final chapter of the band. 

24 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I agree with this post. I also think the Chicago Tribune reviewer felt the same way. There is no doubt that this band "belongs"to Slash now. Maybe not technically speaking, but as far as performance and presence, he is the show. Back in the day, it was Axl who was the face and drove the band.  

I also agree that Axl is intentionally not singing these songs well, except for 4 songs( we know which ones they are).I still believe he will retire GNR and finish his career with ACDC.  At least He made peace with his old band mates and he will allow them more freedom to do things relating to GNR in the future. Enjoy the nostalgia while it last. We are experiencing the final chapter of the band. 

I'm not liking (not 'hating' but afraid) your predictions in your 2nd para and honest to God I really hope that doesn't happen.

I think we're back to the old GNR in the sense that Axl is once again sharing control with Slash and Duff. That puts him at a disadvantage in a sense, because if GNR falls apart over disagreements, Slash and Duff can carry on with their solo careers. Nobody will pay to see Axl's version of the band again. If Slash leaves, it's over. The AC/DC thing feels like an insurance policy on his part. He's got something on the side to fall back on, and it's probably a lot of fun.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Eu concordo com a postagem. Eu também acho que o revisor Chicago Tribune sentia da mesma maneira. Não há dúvida de que esta banda "pertence" a Slash agora. Talvez não tecnicamente falando, mas, tanto quanto o desempenho e presença, ele é o show. De volta ao dia, foi Axl quem era o rosto e dirigiu a banda.  

Concordo também que Axl intencionalmente não está cantando essas músicas bem, exceto para 4 músicas (nós sabemos quais são) .Eu ainda acredito que ele vai se aposentar GNR e terminar sua carreira com ACDC. Pelo menos ele fez as pazes com seus antigos companheiros de banda e ele irá permitir-lhes mais liberdade para fazer as coisas relacionadas com a GNR no futuro. Aproveite a nostalgia enquanto ele durar. Estamos experimentando o capítulo final da banda. 

I confess: I trembled before this possibility. Slash said I Guns has a long way and the official profile guns said: We're just getting started.
I do not want to believe it.

2 minutes ago, thewolfshead said:

People actually think he is intentionally singing songs poorly in order to, what, tank the GnR brand and continue on with AC/DC?  Good lord, thought I'd heard it all.

Yep. Seems improbable to me. Not when he is at the height of his time post UYI.

6 minutes ago, thewolfshead said:

People actually think he is intentionally singing songs poorly in order to, what, tank the GnR brand and continue on with AC/DC?  Good lord, thought I'd heard it all.

It stems from people just not understanding (or wanting to understand) that this isn't 1991 anymore.  And most of the original G N' R songs are sung clean with hints of rasp here or there.  Whereas most AC/DC songs are sung with rasp, the majority of the time.  So obviously it's easier for Axl to stay in "full rasp" mode for 2 or 3 hours than it is for him to sing the wide vocal range that G N' R songs demand. 

He sounds very good, the best he has in years on just about every "high definition" recording I've heard from the shows....so not sure what people are on about.  I think people just like to complain, especially when they are thousands of miles away and watching it from a low definition periscope streams and listening from cheap, one inch speakers from their laptops or phones. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

Yep. Seems improbable to me. Not when he is at the height of his time post UYI.

Exactly.  And just about everyone in the band, Axl included, has said everything has been going great so far.  Look at them up on that stage, they look to be having the time of their lives up there.  And like you said, this is their legacy and the "biggest" any one of them has been since the post Illusions era.

35 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

It stems from people just not understanding (or wanting to understand) that this isn't 1991 anymore.  And most of the original G N' R songs are sung clean with hints of rasp here or there.  Whereas most AC/DC songs are sung with rasp, the majority of the time.  So obviously it's easier for Axl to stay in "full rasp" mode for 2 or 3 hours than it is for him to sing the wide vocal range that G N' R songs demand. 

He sounds very good, the best he has in years on just about every "high definition" recording I've heard from the shows....so not sure what people are on about.  I think people just like to complain, especially when they are thousands of miles away and watching it from a low definition periscope streams and listening from cheap, one inch speakers from their laptops or phones. 

Calm down, Brian has found a way to get to play concerts again, so it is a matter of time before he is back in AC/DC, and then there is now room for Axl.

And what is this, that it is Slash show alone now? Axl is equal good, and that energi he brings sure tells me he more than loves it

Watching clips from last night....Axl is absolutely on fire.  He's nailing it. And he's 54!   I hope to god they just keep playing live for us....write/record on the road and keep playing.  They are a band firing on all cylinders (well Frank & Fortus aside).   

40 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

I'm not liking (not 'hating' but afraid) your predictions in your 2nd para and honest to God I really hope that doesn't happen.

12 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I don't know what is gotten into people in here. Why on earth will he hold back on his songs? You can see that he is giving it all that he has, and for a guy that is 54, and never took care of his voice, he sounds damn good. 

And well said Kasanova

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lassie said:

Calm down, Brian has found a way to get to play concerts again, so it is a matter of time before he is back in AC/DC, and then there is now room for Axl.

And what is this, that it is Slash show alone now? Axl is equal good, and that energi he brings sure tells me he more than loves it

I'm guessing you meant to quote the original poster that I responded to?

Edited by Kasanova King

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I don't think you meant to quote me because nothing I said has anything to do with your post.  I'm guessing you meant to quote the original poster that I responded to?

Yes sorry my mistake, don't know what i have done here lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Exactly.  And just about everyone in the band, Axl included, has said everything has been going great so far.  Look at them up on that stage, they look to be having the time of their lives up there.  And like you said, this is their legacy and the "biggest" any one of them has been since the post Illusions era.

True, they look like some guys who are having a blast :-)

1 minute ago, onurbayrak03 said:

he could sound better, he isnot pushing hard enough as he did in 2010 

Not again, i think he does what he can, he was only 48 in 2010. He is not getting any younger, and if someone has abused his voice like Axl for over 30 years, i think he is great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lassie said:

Not again, i think he does what he can, he was only 48 in 2010. He is not getting any younger, and if someone has abused his voice like Axl for over 30 years, i think he is great.

I dont think 6 years would make that much of a difference

Not only that...reading that interview about his involvement as the brand friend of HYT further strengthens the fact that Axl has no intentions of slowing down at the moment. 

He's having the moment of his life and I highly doubt he's calling it a day very soon with his own band and brand.

I don't  think Axl is intentionally singing 'bad' , I truly believe he is giving his all, however I do agree with @SWINGTRADER saying this is the end 

I really can't see new music,albums etc coming our way. I look at it as a nice little retirement deal. I hope I am wrong , I really do , I just can't see it lasting past the tour next year.

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I don't  think Axl is intentionally singing 'bad' , I truly believe he is giving his all, however I do agree with @SWINGTRADER saying this is the end 

I really can't see new music,albums etc coming our way. I look at it as a nice little retirement deal. I hope I am wrong , I really do , I just can't see it lasting past the tour next year.

So there will be a tour next year, as we have heard rumors about?

7 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

I dont think 6 years would make that much of a difference

Well atleast i still have my old vhs i can see :headbang:

20160516_200047 (1).jpg

Edited by lassie
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, lassie said:

He was only 48? Age has nothing to do with Axl's voice. The guy's vocals were at their weakest when he was 38 yrs old(2001-2002). Why do people keep bringing up age? Stop making excuses. I actually think he was capable of sounding good in 2001, but refused to sing well just like he is doing now. Had Axl got a chance to sing with ACDC in 2001, he would have sounded great. People don't lose their voice and then recover it, and then lose it , and then recover it. It doesn't happen. Axl's singing is intentional. Axl sounds great in 2010, and then a few months later sounds like absolute shit? Sings great with ACDC and then a few weeks later is struggling to belt out simple verses. I am sorry, but I am not buying it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Not so sure about that.  Axl already said he had music he wanted to release and would be happy if Slash would be involved.  It's still very early in the "reunion" process.  "It's only the beginning".  Everything points to them touring for the next year, maybe more and eventually, if everything goes well with the tour, them getting along, etc...the next natural step would be new music.  And with the money they are making from this tour, they could even do it through their own label, without pressure from record labels, etc.