07/09/16 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium

downzy

27 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Damn I saw on the 5pm news they were saying it moved down to 30%. It has been 40% every other time I looked.

I'm going by the Weather Channel app and nothing local so I dunno. Trust them more than anyone else.

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Curious about attendance. This is the stadium where Beyonce canceled because of low sales

Beyonce didn't cancel, she postponed it til October and so far it is selling decently. GnR is a legendary act, while Beyonce is a relevant popstar and caters to a different demographic so they are in two completely different lanes.

And I wouldn't worry about GnR's attendance, if you saw the map I posted a few comments ago there are only nosebleeds left while all the other sections sold really well. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it sold out completely as a result. 

We have been having shit weather the last 2 weeks. I don't even care about it anymore. We will all be there regardless. Going to just weather the storm if it comes. Just hope for no lightning. Fuck it, I will have my ziplock bag for things I don't want wet. Hopefully we will be good.

20 minutes ago, Toxic4 said:

And I wouldn't worry about GnR's attendance, if you saw the map I posted a few comments ago there are only nosebleeds left while all the other sections sold really well. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it sold out completely as a result. 

I was curious so I looked and they are saying the tickets are no longer on sale. I bet they are giving a lot of them away. My friend some how got 4 in the lower bowl for free but I think he knew someone who knew the tour manager or something. I heard them giving away tickets all week on the radio. They made their money on all the people buying crazy packages, lower bowl and pit tickets. Hopefully, it should be a pretty good crowd. 

6 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

We have been having shit weather the last 2 weeks. I don't even care about it anymore. We will all be there regardless. Going to just weather the storm if it comes. Just hope for no lightning. Fuck it, I will have my ziplock bag for things I don't want wet. Hopefully we will be good.

I was curious so I looked and they are saying the tickets are no longer on sale. I bet they are giving a lot of them away. My friend some how got 4 in the lower bowl for free but I think he knew someone who knew the tour manager or something. I heard them giving away tickets all week on the radio. They made their money on all the people buying crazy packages, lower bowl and pit tickets. Hopefully, it should be a pretty good crowd. 

Shit, maybe this thing sold out! Glad I added this concert. Originally was just going to Atlanta show but just couldn't wait!

I doubt it did but I guess its possible. I have noticed more commercials on the radio this week. I also noticed this random girl I know on fb who has to be the cool kid really wants to buy lower level tickets lol so I guess that promotion finally got to her.

8 hours ago, Toxic4 said:

So far, this is how the map looks. There is still plenty of nosebleeds left, but all the other sections seemed like they sold well.

Screenshot (7).png

Trying to guess how much is sold by looking at the Ticketmaster site is tricky. However, when I looked at Nashville on July 2nd it was pretty much the same so I don't think they've done any sleight of hand that they did for some of the other shows they closed an upper level for. At best they could probably only close one side, if even that, with how few tickets look to be available down below (I am not the best judge here, so I could be wrong).  Interestingly enough they opened up the lower bowl corner seats (I am guessing obstructed view?). I think someone earlier said that they dropped the price for the nose bleeds before sales were halted.

I don't think they've stopped sales on any the previous shows? I can't imagine they've sold that many tickets in twenty four hours, but who knows. It might be they closed down sales because they want to work out the logistics of moving some people and they are very close to completely filling lower levels and don't want to risk over filling (I am not sure if that makes sense though- why not sell tickets if you can?) or they are doing some fun give ways/discounts with the nosebleed tickets to put butts in the seats. 

Sorry for the rambley almost stream of conscious post. This stuff fascinates me.

26 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I doubt it did but I guess its possible. I have noticed more commercials on the radio this week. I also noticed this random girl I know on fb who has to be the cool kid really wants to buy lower level tickets lol so I guess that promotion finally got to her.

or someone offered her some good head.  I'm drunk.  That's my best explanation.

it's currently coming one hell of a thunderstorm here in Nashville.  70mph winds.  Fuck weather.  Weather can suck my balls clean.

Edited by j_rod24

19 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Trying to guess how much is sold by looking at the Ticketmaster site is tricky. However, when I looked at Nashville on July 2nd it was pretty much the same so I don't think they've done any sleight of hand that they did for some of the other shows they closed an upper level for. At best they could probably only close one side, if even that, with how few tickets look to be available down below (I am not the best judge here, so I could be wrong).  Interestingly enough they opened up the lower bowl corner seats (I am guessing obstructed view?). I think someone earlier said that they dropped the price for the nose bleeds before sales were halted.

I don't think they've stopped sales on any the previous shows? I can't imagine they've sold that many tickets in twenty four hours, but who knows. It might be they closed down sales because they want to work out the logistics of moving some people and they are very close to completely filling lower levels and don't want to risk over filling (I am not sure if that makes sense though- why not sell tickets if you can?) or they are doing some fun give ways/discounts with the nosebleed tickets to put butts in the seats. 

Sorry for the rambley almost stream of conscious post. This stuff fascinates me.

Can't see a situation where they stop selling the night before. Sounds like several of the shows have had good day of sales. Either the site is messed up or hopefully it's sold out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanity_lost said:

I just checked ticketmaster now, they took it off sale. Usually if the venue is sold out they would state it when clicking to buy tie tickets but they didn't do that here. I do agree with you on the belief that they didn't actually sell all those remaining nosebleeds within the past few hours. But I really feel like it will turn out to be a good crowd nonetheless

By the way, I am not sure if there are any country fans on this forum( I don't expect to be many), but Chris Stapleton is an amazing choice of an opener for Nashville. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of rock fans are country fans(like myself), so I'm hoping he'll receive a good reaction from the crowd if not better than the other openers. It is Nashville we are talking about here, I'm assuming majority of the crowd are country fans anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Toxic4 said:

By the way, I am not sure if there are any country fans on this forum( I don't expect to be many), but Chris Stapleton is an amazing choice of an opener for Nashville. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of rock fans are country fans(like myself), so I'm hoping he'll receive a good reaction from the crowd if not better than the other openers. It is Nashville we are talking about here, I'm assuming majority of the crowd are country fans anyway. 

Stapleton already has a hell of a following in Nashville and with country music.  I hate country music, or at least what it's become, but Stapleton brings that outlaw style of country with the guitar, amazing vocals, and steel guitar that most new acts can't seem to understand.  Dude was a rocker before he went country but he plays the old 70s-early 90s style country and rips the shit out of it.  I expect the place to be at least 60-70% filled for him.  He won 2 or 3 Grammys last year, after all... based off one album.

• Like 2

Not sure but Frank was out last night at Red Door East just drinking while Slash was playing at exit in. Duff was out some where too last night. Haven't heard of any sightings of Axl though. Might want to check the Hutton...just saying. I almost went today but decided to not be such a stalker lol

Edited by Tourettes2400

I really hope GNR plays Slither at sometime on this tour. Considering Duff/Slash play multiple CD songs per show, Axl singing a VR song seems completely reasonable and cool as fuck. I'd rather them do FTP since it sounds more like a GNR song, but Won't argue with Slither getting played at at least one show.