07/09/16 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium

downzy

so fuckin pumped for tomorrow night.  My first time seeing GNR and if Duff and Slash didn't get back with the band I honestly probably wouldn't have ever fooled with seeing em.  Not a diehard, but I know all the words to every song they've been playing on tour and Slash has always been one of my idols.

Be in section 116, row E, seats 1-4.  Taking the wife and her sister and BIL.  Dressing up as Slash, belted top hat, curly wig, aviators, nose ring.  Gonna have a good goddam time.  

I've seen KISS 6 times and Motley 3 times... but I'm hoping this is my favorite concert experience.  Definitely the farthest I've ever sat from any stage.  Usually a middle of the floor kinda guy but shit these tickets were expensive.

I work out at the downtown Y in Nashville and it's less than a mile from Nissan.  Made my way around the stadium yesterday after leaving the gym and got pumped when I saw the stage had already been set up.  Didn't see any GNR banners, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, j_rod24 said:

all I ask is that the rain holds off.  Nashville's getting called for 50% chance of scattered rain/thunderstorms damn near all day tomorrow.

Hang in there Nashville peeps.  Hopefully the rock gods are looking down on you as they did for us in Cincinnatti as it was predicted to be stormy all day, with the most sever threat during showtime.  But, as I was drinking some beer and enjoying one of the finest queasadillas I've ever had in my life at the Blind Pig across from the venue, I looked at three weather map apps and all three finally showed the all clear for the evening for the first time all day.

just bring a poncho and zip locks to  keep things from getting wet and enjoy the show!

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Hang in there Nashville peeps.  Hopefully the rock gods are looking down on you as they did for us in Cincinnatti as it was predicted to be stormy all day, with the most sever threat during showtime.  But, as I was drinking some beer and enjoying one of the finest queasadillas I've ever had in my life at the Blind Pig across from the venue, I looked at three weather map apps and all three finally showed the all clear for the evening for the first time all day.

just bring a poncho and zip locks to  keep things from getting wet and enjoy the show!

I'm more worried about lightning. They'll stop the show.

2 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Weather looks clear for the show right now.

weather channel app still shows "scattered thunderstorms during the evening, then cloudy skies overnight... chance of rain 40%".

But like I said... there's not shits I can find to give about the "evening".  It's 8-12 I'm worried about haha

• Like 1

Awww Duff :heart:

KC was also supposed to be stormy and raining up until the day of and suddenly it just all went away and the weather was PERFECT that night. Rain even held off the next day (and it had been like up to 1-2 inches of rain suspected) so we could get in some zip lining. Thank you GnR Gods :P

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I'm currently sitting here on an 8 hour drive to Nashville from New Orleans with 6 of my closest friends and its finally hitting me. In a couple hours time, i am going to be standing in a stadium surrounded by GNR fans, watching Slash share the stage with Axl for the first tour in 23 years. Holy. Crap. 

Years ago, it seemed like a pipe dream. Many of the same people who sold their souls to go to the first couple Vegas shows would have even told you "...not in this lifetime." Its almost hard for me to believe now. I know the last couple of months have come and gone and many shows have been played and its not as special to some of us anymore, but for me it just gets more invigorating as each show passes by. Especially with the other nights show! Who would have thought. Steven Adler back behind the kit after 26 years. 

I never knew, especially as a young kid, that anything would ever take over my life. But as soon as GNR was in, it wasn't coming out. It's been 10 years, and it still hasn't left my ass alone. 

I discovered GNR around the time before Chinese was released. I was a horrible child and one day after i back-talked my mother, she told me i was going to become the modern day Axl Rose and "beat my future wife". "Who in the hell is Axl Rose?" thought my pre-mature 8 year old mind. It was that day that she showed me the music videos to November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine. Later that day, on my own accord, i was exposed to St. Louis, Freddie Mercury tributes, and a little place in New York called The Ritz. From that single day on, i was hooked. The most dangerous band in the world was a click away from my finger tips.

It was those couple of years after where classic GNR ruled my life. I fell in love with Axl's persona, stage presence and overall attitude. A great role model for an 8 year old child. I still remember staying up as a kid with my radio on playing the local classic rock station. Late at night into the early morning they would play "double shots" of songs from bands. Sometimes even "triple shots." I vividly remember physically keeping myself up to wait for GNR. Usually it was the big 3 from Appetite (Jungle, SCOM, and PC) back to back to back, with an Illusion (NR, Live and Let Die, KOHD) thrown in there to mix it up sometimes. I always fell asleep a happy camper after that. Bringing slashes book to school and reading it in 5th grade!!!!!! Oh man the memories. I learned about everything that happened from 1985 to 1993. I was OBSESSED. Looking back on it, I lived through quite a-bit of nu-gnr history that just flew right over my head. Chinese Democracy literally came and went and i knew nothing about it. Ill chalk it up to being a youngin though, oh and trying to become a Velvet Revolver fan which would be cut short since i got into them in 2008

I've been able to see GNR and Slash before, both in the same year, and both with the woman who started this whole thing, my mom! Luckily the GNR show we saw was for the first live dvd in 20 years!!!! (P.S. Im the teenager in the UYI 2 t shirt up front!)

Fast forward to today, and I've never been more proud to call myself a GNR fan. Axl, Slash, and Duff have retaken the world, and they sound fucking amazing. I was originally going to wait for this moment when Guns come through my home city of New Orleans, but i figured it couldn't wait. Ive given more than half my life to this band. Countless hours listening to hundreds of songs in hundreds of versions. And as i know they owe me jack shit, i've decided i owe it to myself to get out and go see them as many times as possible. I just wanted to tell all you guys that yall are awesome and i love this board and i love all of you guys. I enjoy spending time with all of yall here, especially during shows! Which i love updating!!!! Thanks for keeping this a place for the die-hards to continue to talk about GNR. 

Im sorry if i kinda went on a rant here and explained my whole life story? but its quite lonely out here on the road, so i figured why the hell not! I hope all of you have fun hopefully watching the show from many Periscopes!! Ill see you guys on the other side!!!

Cheers

basically my story. This will be my first "real gnr" show. 

• Like 3

latest evening forecast:

"partly cloudy in the evening followed by scattered thunderstorms after midnight.  Low near 70F.  Light winds.  Chance of rain 40%"

After midnight?.... I'd take it.

58 minutes ago, brian0612 said:

They had some flooding this week.

it's been raining for like 5-6 straight fucking days.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BuckinTN said:

Do we know how this is selling? Hope the upper deck is open and a big crowd

So far, this is how the map looks. There is still plenty of nosebleeds left, but all the other sections seemed like they sold well.

Screenshot (7).png

3 hours in. Ive had my ipod with 11,000 songs on shuffle and so far we've gotten PC and Yesterday from the Greatest Hits album, Beggers and Hangers On off of Made in Stoke, and Nice Boys from Suicide. Anyone wanna take bets on whats up next? :lol:

Edit: i think there was a buckethead song in there as well. Onions Unleashed from Bucketheadland

Edited by KeyserSoze

1 hour ago, Toxic4 said:

So far, this is how the map looks. There is still plenty of nosebleeds left, but all the other sections seemed like they sold well.

Screenshot (7).png

Thanks for posting. Looks like upper deck will be open for this one. Pretty big crowd.

5 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Thanks for posting. Looks like upper deck will be open for this one. Pretty big crowd.

Yea and I am certain the crowd will look even better than what the map is showing, considering many people buy last minute tickets the day of the show

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

So I'm currently sitting here on an 8 hour drive to Nashville from New Orleans with 6 of my closest friends and its finally hitting me. In a couple hours time, i am going to be standing in a stadium surrounded by GNR fans, watching Slash share the stage with Axl for the first tour in 23 years. Holy. Crap. 

Years ago, it seemed like a pipe dream. Many of the same people who sold their souls to go to the first couple Vegas shows would have even told you "...not in this lifetime." Its almost hard for me to believe now. I know the last couple of months have come and gone and many shows have been played and its not as special to some of us anymore, but for me it just gets more invigorating as each show passes by. Especially with the other nights show! Who would have thought. Steven Adler back behind the kit after 26 years. 

I never knew, especially as a young kid, that anything would ever take over my life. But as soon as GNR was in, it wasn't coming out. It's been 10 years, and it still hasn't left my ass alone. 

I discovered GNR around the time before Chinese was released. I was a horrible child and one day after i back-talked my mother, she told me i was going to become the modern day Axl Rose and "beat my future wife". "Who in the hell is Axl Rose?" thought my pre-mature 8 year old mind. It was that day that she showed me the music videos to November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine. Later that day, on my own accord, i was exposed to St. Louis, Freddie Mercury tributes, and a little place in New York called The Ritz. From that single day on, i was hooked. The most dangerous band in the world was a click away from my finger tips.

It was those couple of years after where classic GNR ruled my life. I fell in love with Axl's persona, stage presence and overall attitude. A great role model for an 8 year old child. I still remember staying up as a kid with my radio on playing the local classic rock station. Late at night into the early morning they would play "double shots" of songs from bands. Sometimes even "triple shots." I vividly remember physically keeping myself up to wait for GNR. Usually it was the big 3 from Appetite (Jungle, SCOM, and PC) back to back to back, with an Illusion (NR, Live and Let Die, KOHD) thrown in there to mix it up sometimes. I always fell asleep a happy camper after that. Bringing slashes book to school and reading it in 5th grade!!!!!! Oh man the memories. I learned about everything that happened from 1985 to 1993. I was OBSESSED. Looking back on it, I lived through quite a-bit of nu-gnr history that just flew right over my head. Chinese Democracy literally came and went and i knew nothing about it. Ill chalk it up to being a youngin though, oh and trying to become a Velvet Revolver fan which would be cut short since i got into them in 2008

I've been able to see GNR and Slash before, both in the same year, and both with the woman who started this whole thing, my mom! Luckily the GNR show we saw was for the first live dvd in 20 years!!!! (P.S. Im the teenager in the UYI 2 t shirt up front!)

Fast forward to today, and I've never been more proud to call myself a GNR fan. Axl, Slash, and Duff have retaken the world, and they sound fucking amazing. I was originally going to wait for this moment when Guns come through my home city of New Orleans, but i figured it couldn't wait. Ive given more than half my life to this band. Countless hours listening to hundreds of songs in hundreds of versions. And as i know they owe me jack shit, i've decided i owe it to myself to get out and go see them as many times as possible. I just wanted to tell all you guys that yall are awesome and i love this board and i love all of you guys. I enjoy spending time with all of yall here, especially during shows! Which i love updating!!!! Thanks for keeping this a place for the die-hards to continue to talk about GNR. 

Im sorry if i kinda went on a rant here and explained my whole life story? but its quite lonely out here on the road, so i figured why the hell not! I hope all of you have fun hopefully watching the show from many Periscopes!! Ill see you guys on the other side!!!

Cheers

Isn't the show tomorrow???

Edited by GibsonLP