07/19/16 - Foxboro, MA - Gillette Stadium

downzy

So from the last guns n roses album that did NOT have Slash and Duff on it, this band has played/rehearsed the following:

Chinese Democracy

Better

This I love

Sorry

There was a Time

Catcher in the Rye

Thats almost half of the album Chinese democracy being played. Hmm :wow::wow::wow:

Just now, Billsfan said:

So from the last guns n roses album that did NOT have Slash and Duff on it, this band has played/rehearsed the following:

Chinese Democracy

Better

This I love

Sorry

There was a Time

Catcher in the Rye

Thats almost half of the album Chinese democracy being played. Hmm :wow::wow::wow:

It's scary. Soon the setlist will be full of CD songs

• Like 2

I really like hearing Slash's take on the CD material. And I understand why they play so many songs from that album. It is the newest GNR record after all. And this feels less like a pure nostalgia band when they play newer stuff also. CITR is probably going to replace Sorry, I doubt they're playing both. It's gonna be very interesting to hear Slash's take on the Catcher solo. Which one's gonna be the best one? Brian May's, Bumblefoot's or Slash's version.

5 minutes ago, Yibrano Hudson said:

It's not scary...ChiDem is part of GnR's story, so it's not bad at all that those songs are part of the set

It's fine, I love Chinese. Bought it the day it came out at Best Buy and got my free doctor pepper. Even got some of my roommates to do that giveaway as well :P 

I think it's just further confirmation that even though Slash and Duff have a say to an extent, this is very much Axl Rose's band at the end of the day 

2 minutes ago, maxpax said:

yeah, in 2004.

Or even 2003 when Eddie Trunk and Mike Piazza played it for us all to hear for the first time! :lol:

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It's fine, I love Chinese. Bought it the day it came out at Best Buy and got my free doctor pepper. Even got some of my roommates to do that giveaway as well :P 

I think it's just further confirmation that even though Slash and Duff have a say to an extent, this is very much Axl Rose's band at the end of the day 

And maybe they like to play those songs? Something they haven't been playing for the last 30 years, for a change? Maybe evil Axl isn't standing over them whipping their asses so that they do another CD song, does anyone ever consider this?

• Like 1

Just now, Asia said:

And maybe they like to play those songs? Something they haven't been playing for the last 30 years, for a change? Maybe evil Axl isn't standing over them whipping their asses so that they do another CD song, does anyone ever consider this?

Does anyone consider that there's probably a reason for all of that....? Axl didn't disband the new guns n roses, they replaced a couple of members with two of the more famous alumni. 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Does anyone consider that there's probably a reason for all of that....? Axl didn't disband the new guns n roses, they replaced a couple of members with two of the more famous alumni. 

yup, it's more like NuGnR with Slash and Duff than OldGnR with Fortus, Melissa and Frank.

Edited by maxpax
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, maxpax said:

yup, it's more like NuGnR with Slash and Duff than OldGnR with Fortus, Melissa and Frank.

Exactly this.

And it's not even something I necessarily have a problem with, but it's interesting. you'd just think that if things were equal between Axl slash and duff and it was a true reunion we'd hear Slither or other material from VR or a different solo project like loaded or snake pit. I mean, we could hear catcher in the rye tonight, which would be cool. But that's 5 nuGNR songs and still no Slither. Hmmm....

But hey, all the guys in the band are happy  so I'm not going to waste time protesting :lol:

7 minutes ago, maxpax said:

No, they didn't join on the terms that Ashba or Bumble were on, that is as hired hands who have nothing to say but as partners, so this argumentation is pointless. And whether you call it NuGNR with SLash and Duff or OldGNR with Fortus is completely meaningless, whatever makes you feel better. Point is the band is now run by three people, not by one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Scary? Why? "Chinese democracy" is so underrated!!!!

I like the album but it's more of an Axl's solo project. I prefer the old songs because Slash Duff and Izzy wrote them and to me that's GNR

• Like 4