MICK WALL: Steven Adler Has Rehearsed with Guns N' Roses (AlternativeNation)

I do think the back injury is a cover...and perhaps the kindest thing that could have been said. Announcing that he was officially not going to be in the reunion would have been humiliating for him. Saying, "oh darn, he can't do it because he's hurt" is a lot easier, and conveniently, back surgery would take him out of commission for the duration of the tour.

There really wasn't anything said about it until the night of the Troubadour concert. When the Whisky show was cancelled all anyone really heard were those leading "big announcement" tweets from the Whisky and the Hollywood Roses debacle that followed. Perhaps up until that Friday night, Adler was hoping they'd change their minds or invite him up for a few songs.

Frank's the one who has been rumored to have been rehearsing. He was the one who signed that drum head for Flint, as a member of Guns N' Roses. There's been nothing from anyone that would indicate otherwise.

Adler IS being extraordinarily quiet. I have absolutely zero to back this up, but I do wonder if he's OK or not. If he found out he wasn't going to be the drummer for the reunion, it might not have gone well for him. If that was the case, hopefully the silence means that he's off somewhere getting help.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Mick Wall is a guy who Axl unwisely dissed on a recorded song, and who has subsequently made a career out of it. He wrote a hatchet-job 'biography' that drew heavily on fansites like this one and on youtube clips, and not much else. And now he's on the bandwagon, all misty-eyed about a gnr reunion and kindly reminding us what a squalid little hypocrite he really is. The average long-time poster on this forum would have more inside information than this clown.

• Like 2

But isn't the rumor that he's having surgery? An injury is one thing to lie about, but it's a lot easier for a lie about surgery to get out and embarrass everyone. It's a bad lie for a few reasons, not the least because everyone will be up his ass about pain management and opiates.

2 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

Mick Wall is an EXTREMELY reliable source of info.

Do tell, He was not at the show. He heard this info from someone who was.  Did Guns make some kind of announcement during the show? If so why did fans not say anything?  We heard alot of rumors around this

3 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Do tell, He was not at the show. He heard this info from someone who was.  Did Guns make some kind of announcement during the show? If so why did fans not say anything?  We heard alot of rumors around this

Well, I don't know if he's an extremely reliable source, but even though he wasn't at the show, he is industry. If he heard something from someone who was at the show, he probably means someone else who is industry - you know - rather than some one in the crowd / general admission. I still take the rumour with a big old pinch of salt, but I wouldn't discount it either. He may well know someone who heard something legit.

3 hours ago, wrecthed said:

I hope he does show up. I dont know how you can get a back injury playing the drums, its just like sitting in a chair. Hope its not true.

A lot of drummers have back issues...it's as far from sitting straight up as you can imagine.

20 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Then he should have said nothing rather than take the old "I know something you don't" douche approach.

I can't stand that approach. Same thing Fernando pulled the other day when he said something like "if you knew what I know". Well... we don't, so keep it to yourself!

I can't stop thinking about that "Mick Wall at Kerrang..." Rant...

But I read the blog entry anyways...

It did really touch me when it says... 

" Which is why we loved them so. Why a whole generation grew up while they were away and love them even more. And why we’re all here again, the young and the old, the innocent and the guilty, those invited to the party and those in the rearview. Because there’s never been anyone quite like them. Not Zeppelin, not the Stones, maybe only Lemmy and even he turned up for his shows on time. "

But again... Get in the Ring comes to my mind... and "A Grain of Salt" isn't enough to believe anything from Him...

Mr. Rock n' Roll Journalist, Iron Maiden's Official Biographer, Connections and So called inside information... All means nothing at the end of the day if GNR is related to his writings...

For those of you interested in read the whole post of Mick Wall,  and take your own conclusions...  You can find it here:

http://mickwall.com/?p=1069

Enjoy.-

18 minutes ago, AZAGOTH said:

I can't stop thinking about that "Mick Wall at Kerrang..." Rant...

But I read the blog entry anyways...

It did really touch me when it says... 

" Which is why we loved them so. Why a whole generation grew up while they were away and love them even more. And why we’re all here again, the young and the old, the innocent and the guilty, those invited to the party and those in the rearview. Because there’s never been anyone quite like them. Not Zeppelin, not the Stones, maybe only Lemmy and even he turned up for his shows on time. "

But again... Get in the Ring comes to my mind... and "A Grain of Salt" isn't enough to believe anything from Him...

Mr. Rock n' Roll Journalist, Iron Maiden's Official Biographer, Connections and So called inside information... All means nothing at the end of the day if GNR is related to his writings...

For those of you interested in read the whole post of Mick Wall,  and take your own conclusions...  You can find it here:

http://mickwall.com/?p=1069

Enjoy.-

I really liked what he wrote. Even if he's part of those names in Get In The Ring.

It's funny because you see how people who were slammed by Axl in the past are still his fans? Mick Wall is just another in the list of people mentioned by Axl in his shows or lyrics.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, killuridols said:

Adler injuring his back right in this moment doesn't seem casual......

Lots of people have similar things happening when they are nervous, stressed or are going through something very special, complicated or traumatic.

If Steven was contacted to join the reunion he must have freaked out and being both his physical and mental health a little weak, such emotion could have caused this injury.

I hope he recovers soon if that's the case, but at the same time, this is a clear indicator that the band can't have him permanently hired. His health seems to be an issue.

So Steven got a call from Axl, did 20 back flips in his living room and ended up in hospital? This whole thing sounds very strange to me..I hope that Steven is doing well.

Just now, sonofnazareth said:

So Steven got a call from Axl, did 20 back flips in his living room and ended up in hospital? This whole thing sounds very strange to me..I hope that Steven is doing well.

ahahahaahahaa :rofl-lol:

yes, I hope @Carlycosmos or one of the people skilled with Photoshop/Illustrator can make a MEME out of that situation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I really liked what he wrote. Even if he's part of those names in Get In The Ring.

It's funny because you see how people who were slammed by Axl in the past are still his fans? Mick Wall is just another in the list of people mentioned by Axl in his shows or lyrics.

Yeah... I see a lot of respect, support and even affection in those lines He wrote. As any total fan would do.

That's funny to me too...

But when he starts to speculate ... pushing the Steven's angle into the story... I remember why he was slammed in the first place.

7 minutes ago, AZAGOTH said:

Yeah... I see a lot of respect, support and even affection in those lines He wrote. As any total fan would do.

That's funny to me too...

But when he starts to speculate ... pushing the Steven's angle into the story... I remember why he was slammed in the first place.

What's so bad about the Steven thing? He said he heard something. He may have his sources, we don't know that.

The Steven-gate is really weird at this point, dont you think?

• Like 2