MICK WALL: Steven Adler Has Rehearsed with Guns N' Roses (AlternativeNation)

17 hours ago, smoke said:

But isn't the rumor that he's having surgery? An injury is one thing to lie about, but it's a lot easier for a lie about surgery to get out and embarrass everyone. It's a bad lie for a few reasons, not the least because everyone will be up his ass about pain management and opiates.

Wouldn't a surgery be private? Like you couldn't just call around and get a doctor to confirm if he operated on him anyway? And if he's seen up and walking around he just says it was minor, he can walk, can't sit long enough to play, etc. 

I think the whole thing is fishy but I don't think the difference between injury and surgery is significant if it's a lie.

Lol. Axl doesn't like Mick Wall. So all of us must hate and bash him too.

Somebody needs to make a list so I know who I can like and dislike and who we can believe and not believe......based on whether or not Axl likes them. Or whether or not they have said something positive or negative about Axl. 

And every forum has 3-4 people who claim to have inside contacts with the band. None of them know if is was true or not!

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol. Axl doesn't like Mick Wall. So all of us must hate and bash him too.

Somebody needs to make a list so I know who I can like and dislike and who we can believe and not believe......based on whether or not Axl likes them. Or whether or not they have said something positive or negative about Axl. 

And every forum has 3-4 people who claim to have inside contacts with the band. None of them know if is was true or not!

Yeah, it's hard to tell if Axl still holds those grudges from 30 years ago. But let's think he's not very fond of Mick Wall, the guy is a journalist and has quite a career. There is no way he doesn't have connections and sources in the industry. Axl can't control that, even if he wanted.

8 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Wouldn't a surgery be private? Like you couldn't just call around and get a doctor to confirm if he operated on him anyway? And if he's seen up and walking around he just says it was minor, he can walk, can't sit long enough to play, etc. 

I think the whole thing is fishy but I don't think the difference between injury and surgery is significant if it's a lie.

Yes, it would definitely be private. Doctors and other medical professionals (pharmacists, physical therapists, etc.) in the USA are restricted by HIPAA. They legally can't disclose medical records to anyone without the patient's consent. And most of the time the other people who work in hospitals, down to the gift shop cashiers, are also bound by confidentiality rules even if they're not technically regulated by HIPAA.

I don't think there's a major difference between injury and surgery in this case either. Non-surgical treatment for back injuries and recovery from surgery can conveniently both take months and have few visual signs to the casual observer.

Edited by stella

On 4/5/2016 at 9:02 PM, tajandreas said:

"And that goes for all you punks in the press
That want to start shit by printin' lies instead of the things we said
That means you
Andy Secher at Hit Parader
Circus Magazine
Mick Wall at Kerrang..."

Yea, I would take anything he says with a grain of salt.

You left out Bob Guccione Jr and his bitchy little ass.

You know, the good thing about those lyrics is they're not dated at all. Hit Parader references are truly timeless.

• Like 1

Steven will definitely have a cameo role in this reunion once he's recovered. Frank is clearly the main guy, as it would be a risk having Steven as the sole drummer, but I expect he'll come out for some AFD tracks mid-set or play the encore...

On April 5, 2016 at 9:02 PM, Modano09 said:

Is he even sober? He got himself thrown out of GNR and proceeded to spend 25 years showing everyone why. If playing a couple of songs here and there will get him of the ledge, fine, but having him actually tour would have been a terrible idea for a number of reasons.

It's a tough pill to swallow but that's very true- years ago when I posted regularly on the forums I made the same argument whenever it would come up because I really believe the man would be dead had a  full scale reunion happened and he went back on tour with GNR. 

• Like 1

If he was in band rehearsals, he probably got paid. 

On 4/5/2016 at 5:11 AM, wrecthed said:

I hope he does show up. I dont know how you can get a back injury playing the drums, its just like sitting in a chair. Hope its not true.

"My vertebrae has been crushing my spinal cord because of the position I drum in. It comes from years of playing. I can't even hold the sticks properly without it being painful... The first time I picked up the drumsticks after my neck surgery, they flew across the room because I couldn't grip them. When I play, I've had to tape the sticks to my hand... I'm having an operation soon and there's a good chance of it improving over time." - Phil Collins 

Alex Van Halen ruptured his discs on the Balance tour in 1995 and wore a neck brace, they nicknamed it the "Ambulance" tour because Ed also had issues going on. 

He's going to play, he's been quiet too much last few moths... He was the first who started the idea of reunion (he once said "my grandad once said that time heals" or something like that), so if he doesn't care about money (he never did; at AFD sales he got 15 % while Axl got 25% and others 20%)...

8 minutes ago, Jaaj38 said:

He's going to play, he's been quiet too much last few moths... He was the first who started the idea of reunion (he once said "my grandad once said that time heals" or something like that), so if he doesn't care about money (he never did; at AFD sales he got 15 % while Axl got 25% and others 20%)...

Yes, he was the first to entertain the meeting. Not to mention that mediate the Axl fights with Slash.

12 minutes ago, Jaaj38 said:

How can he play when there has been no confirmation from GNR management/members to confirm this? He has to be invited and offered a contract. 

Matt has also been quiet. Is he playing? No. When Adler was fired from GNR, did he start constantly complaining in the press? He became silent and deeply depressed. I am very worried about Steven and hope that he is ok. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 4

But Matt has showed up online a few times.

I just don't buy into the "back injury" story.  Steven would be seen or would be talking to someone if that was the case. 

WTF is going on?! No conspiracy theory here but I'm worried about this guy.  

Edited by KURT19

6 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I just don't buy into the "back injury" story.  Steven would be seen or would be talking to someone is that was the case. 

Matt talks about his own projects/animals. 

26 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I just don't buy into the "back injury" story.  Steven would be seen or would be talking to someone if that was the case. 

His wife and mother will probably know what's going on with him, but its unreasonable to expect information from them at this point. 

1 hour ago, GnRSweden said:

What was that about?

It wasn't anything that dramatic. Steven was mentioned for exactly two sentences in the letter Axl wrote about the RnR Hall of Fame, when he talked about his relationships with the former classic lineup members. What he said was actually true; after 2006 there were quite a few stories with Adler where he was basically begging and pleading for a reunion over and over again.

Izzy came out with us a few times back in '06 and I invited him to join us at our LA Forum show last year.

Steven was at our show at the Hard Rock, later in '06 in Las Vegas, where I invited him to our after-party and was rewarded with his subsequent interviews filled with reunion lies. Lesson learned. Duff joined us in 2010 and again in '11 along with his band, Loaded, opening in Seattle and Vancouver. 

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/axl-rose-pens-open-letter-to-rock-hall-will-not-attend-asks-to-not-be-inducted.html