05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

6 minutes ago, JohnnyGtar said:

This whole thing blows my mind. I'm 54 with 6 grandkids and AC/DC has Axl singng. Never in my wildest dreams did I think of that combination. Pretty damn awesome that my favorite band from my high school years would have my favorite singer belting out their tunes. LIFE IS GOOD.

Ever since I first heard the '87 Marquee club recording of Guns doing Rosie, I have secretly hoped and wished that Guns would one day open for AC/DC. The closest it got to that was Slash opening for them. But this is just another level of fantasy becoming reality.

25 minutes ago, The Archer said:

We're just under an hour away and I'm kind of nervous. My favorite living frontman, filling in the shoes of my favorite ever frontman (RIP Bon) , in this never expected merger of my two favorite bands. I'm not as worried for Angus and the boys, but I am for Axl. This is in some ways such a big risk that he's taking on, and he's braving the possibility of brickbats from so many quarters. It doesn't sound logical but I'm even kind of worried that the show is going to start too early for him, with them going on at 9:00 PM when we all know that he really doesn't get cranked up and ready past midnight. The good thing is that we know that he's put in the work with all those rehearsals. Big expectations, but I hope he knocks it out of the park.

you just described my exact feelings.

GO AXL GO!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

It was awesome. I would have been happier with 2 songs we haven't heard Axl do for a while. Good stuff though.

Yep!

Btw, have to say - your Jason mask avatar is creepy as hell and I'm always a little scared looking at it :P.