Rumored Concert Date Thread

4 minutes ago, roadrunner66 said:

Hey if that guy on the other forum is saying they'll play on May 29th, then they'll play. There's no arguing. Off to buy my ticket now.

it's a rumor... the title of this thread is clear.

Edited by supercool

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

Once again, that is a copy of a list that's constantly updated on HTGTH.

The sources for these dates comes from many different places, some will most likely prove to be unreliable. But, as long as we don't know yet, they have a status as rumored.

I know, just saying that in my personal opinion those dates are not gonna hold, 'cause they don't make much sense.

So still seems that Reading/Leeds is the favourite re UK. IIRC rumours of Guns at Reading started a while back and I guess the fact they still haven't announced all the headliners means it could well be Guns. If they sell day tickets I'll probably go, if not then probably not. I see that the Isle of Wight Festival isn't this year as I was tempted to go for the day that Queen are playing - now going to Brussels instead. 

Just saw the rumoured Isle Of Wight date - sod's law now I've decided not to go GN'R will be added to the bill  :lol: I wonder which one it will be if a festival date happens. Can't see both happening - I imagine festival organisers would want to push the 'only UK date (dates in the case of R & L)' angle. To be fair I think Guns would go well with Queen and would certainly appeal to the classic rock crowd. 

Edited by BassistSeb

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just wouldn't go if it is Reading/Leeds - that is me out of this reunion thing I'm afraid. Can't stand festivals.

Fair enough. To be honest I can't be doing with them these days. Back in 2012 I did a few festivals over the summer - Hellfest, Wacken and the Isle of Wight. I always wanted to do a bunch over one summer and now I've done that I'm not aching to go back. Feel that that's fully ticked that off the bucket list. Can't stand camping and hotels push the price up more. Hyde Park is still my favourite really - you get that festival vibe without any of the annoyances of festivals. Plus transport back is ridiculously easy for me.

I went to Reading in 2010 purely for GN'R and I didn't really like the vibe - just seemed to be full of drunk fifteen year olds acting like dicks for the most part. If it's the band's only 2016 date I'll probably head to it though as Reading isn't too much of a trek. That being said buying day tickets still usually works out as a fair bit more expensive than seeing bands on their own headline dates - however if ticket prices at their own dates are going to be £100+ for the cheap seats (a la the Stones) then maybe Reading would be a better deal. 

10 minutes ago, emybdc said:

The Europe dates, I guess. But IMO that whole arrengement of dates and countries seem unlikely, don't you think?

The list doesn't necessarily suggest that the tour will look like this.

It's just a collection of different rumors. Instead of putting in some rumored dates and discard others, I have included all I have come over. It's not my place to say which rumors are credible or not.

It's not a list suggesting how a complete tour itinerary will look like. There will obviously be a lot more US dates if they're doing a full tour, but we have only heard rumors about a few of those dates right now.

Edited by Spirit

I heard the Soldier Field July 4 rumor again here in Chicago today from a couple of guys I know that work for the Blackhawks, but do stagehand work in the summer. They do Lolla, Wrigley and Soldier Field shows. Original rumors were Pearl Jam for that date, but they're doing two shows at Wrigley. I was told that the stadium is definetely held. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoBucky said:

I heard the Soldier Field July 4 rumor again here in Chicago today from a couple of guys I know that work for the Blackhawks, but do stagehand work in the summer. They do Lolla, Wrigley and Soldier Field shows. Original rumors were Pearl Jam for that date, but they're doing two shows at Wrigley. I was told that the stadium is definetely held. 

Good to get a 2nd source confirmation.

8 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Good to get a 2nd source confirmation.

Not that this is any sort of "source" but I sent my buddy who lives in Chicago a text about Soldier Field and he said the same thing about Pearl Jam at Wrigley and Solider Field being on hold. He said that a Chicago DJ mentioned it coming out of a GN'R song a couple days before that. Kind of a "nudge, nudge" thing. I didn't report anything about it because the source is "a friend who heard a DJ say..." but thought I'd say something now since things seem to be adding up.

• Like 1

Other than the fact that I live here, the Chicago rumor is great because if it's true, and it looks like it is, it means that a full US summer tour is definitely in the works.  Unlike Vegas, no one does a huge show like that in Chicago just because they like the pizza. 

• Like 1