Rumored Concert Date Thread

7 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Other than the fact that I live here, the Chicago rumor is great because if it's true, and it looks like it is, it means that a full US summer tour is definitely in the works.  Unlike Vegas, no one does a huge show like that in Chicago just because they like the pizza. 

I mean, they should, though. It's damn good pizza.

And I would like to personally invite @Dexter and the boys out for pizza while they're in town. Ya know, if they need someone to show them the best spots or anything.

• Like 1

I'm new to the forum, so don't hold that against me.

I have no insider info, but live less than a mile from Soldier Field and our neighborhood Alderman circulated a calendar of summer events for the stadium about 3 weeks ago.  In that calendar, July 2 and 3 are noted as being booked for "concerts" with no further description.  Other dates which had been noted as being held for "concerts" have now been filled with Coldplay and Beyoncé, so I note this to fuel the rumor mill.   I hope the rumors are true as we need some positive vibes here in Chicago.

Also, our pizza here is damn good with a lot of great options close to Soldier Field. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Davebs said:

I'm new to the forum, so don't hold that against me.

I have no insider info, but live less than a mile from Soldier Field and our neighborhood Alderman circulated a calendar of summer events for the stadium about 3 weeks ago.  In that calendar, July 2 and 3 are noted as being booked for "concerts" with no further description.  Other dates which had been noted as being held for "concerts" have now been filled with Coldplay and Beyoncé, so I note this to fuel the rumor mill.   I hope the rumors are true as we need some positive vibes here in Chicago.

Also, our pizza here is damn good with a lot of great options close to Soldier Field. 

Do you have a picture of it by any chance?

Personally I'm all good for no Euro dates this year if that's what occurs. 

That way I can have more money saved and potentially see them at more shows next year. 

Saying that I wouldn't say no to a cheeky BST Hyde Park date but that's looking unlikely more and more as the US tour rumours gather steam. 

Edited by Blake Sabbath

7 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Biffy Clyro/Fall Out Boy for Reading/Leeds 99%, one band pulled out at the last moment so they went with Biffy, says the admin on efestivals (knows his stuff) 

Not looking good for Euro dates this year. Personally whilst I'm slightly disappointed I'd much rather see them at their own headline show so I'm more than happy to wait until next year.

1 hour ago, Blake Sabbath said:

That way I can have more money saved and potentially see them at more shows next year. 

Saying that I wouldn't say no to a cheeky BST Hyde Park date but that's looking unlikely more and more as the US tour rumours gather steam. 

Same, personally BST Hyde Park would be the ideal scenario for me. Love it there, I've always had a great time when I've been to Hyde Park - I've been going most years since 2005.  Hoping they play there next year. That being said I could see it being Download or Reading. Hoping it isn't as it annoys me when bands I love only play festival dates! I don't really count Hyde Park as a festival. Just looked at this year's lineup - I see they've yet to announce a 'classic rock' headliner. I know it's clutching at straws but I guess Guns could play. 

Edited by BassistSeb

1 hour ago, Blake Sabbath said:

The trouble with BST Hyde Park is the curfew time. It's the time Axl usually goes ON stage not off! :P Saw Black Sabbath/Motorhead there two years ago and they were off stage at 10.45, the show over. Someone would have to steal Axl's watch at 7pm and alter the time to 11pm to get him on stage early.

3 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Hello GNR fan community,

I just finished came in from a nice day at the beach with Mrs. Money a couple hours ago to find out that my tips are being quoted in "news" articles back home.  It blows my mind how inaccessible Guns N' Roses representatives are on the eve of a massive tour.  So much so that yours truly is being quoted... idiots.  I expect these articles to bring heat so I may have trouble getting the information we crave most.  It's good to see that the Chicago information is beginning to leak.

Let me be clear once more.  If ticket sales go well, up to 13 North American cities have potential of getting a second show, kind of like what you're seeing right now in Mexico City.  Don't be frustrated with the way things are right now.  It's a smart way to sell tickets and understand the true fan interest in this tour.  

The stars at night are big and bright.... deep in the heart of Tahiti. 

Eddie $$$

Eddie don´t be surprised if the media is quoting you. We knew it could happen because the media has been quoting rumors posted in forums by ramdom fans as well. So now it seems you are their new source.

Err... No comment on GN´R representatives :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Hello GNR fan community,

I just finished came in from a nice day at the beach with Mrs. Money a couple hours ago to find out that my tips are being quoted in "news" articles back home.  It blows my mind how inaccessible Guns N' Roses representatives are on the eve of a massive tour.  So much so that yours truly is being quoted... idiots.  I expect these articles to bring heat so I may have trouble getting the information we crave most.  It's good to see that the Chicago information is beginning to leak.

Let me be clear once more.  If ticket sales go well, up to 13 North American cities have potential of getting a second show, kind of like what you're seeing right now in Mexico City.  Don't be frustrated with the way things are right now.  It's a smart way to sell tickets and understand the true fan interest in this tour.  

The stars at night are big and bright.... deep in the heart of Tahiti. 

Eddie $$$

Axl runs his ship like Area 51 for some strange reason; it has been that way since the old band broke up really. We're used to it - it is our lot in life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Me too, gonna be there next year hopefully grab a handful of shows, so easy to travel over there.

• Like 1

It's morning in Tahiti and Mrs. Money and I are about to go for a walk on the beach to see if we can find any nice looking sea shells for our bathroom decorations back home.  I forgot to mention when I signed on last night that I'm hearing July 27th for Philadelphia.  Lincoln Financial Field.  It's a mid-week show.  Not sure if this is one of the markets where two shows could happen if things sell well.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

It's morning in Tahiti and Mrs. Money and I are about to go for a walk on the beach to see if we can find any nice looking sea shells for our bathroom decorations back home.  I forgot to mention when I signed on last night that I'm hearing July 27th for Philadelphia.  Lincoln Financial Field.  It's a mid-week show.  Not sure if this is one of the markets where two shows could happen if things sell well.  

Gosh, this is getting real.

Anything on NYC or somewhere near Washington DC?

I don't wanna be repetitive, but I'm trying to plan a trip all the way from Brazil just to see GnR and the longer I wait, the higher the prices for airplane tickets and hotels get.

On 2/10/2016 at 7:04 PM, Subtle Signs said:

2 dates at Soldier Field? That is nuts. They probably couldn't sell that many tickets with Metallica as a co-headliner these days unless all the tickets were very cheap or there was some kind of buy one get one free promotion. Or maybe the goal is to sell 40,000 per night which would be about the same as 4 nights in an arena. 

Metallica sold out att stadium in San Francisco on feb 6 th it was nutz !!-

Not sure if it's been reported yet, but this morning the Mancow show in Chicago confirmed the Soldier field dates!!

12 hours ago, axlslash said:

I mean, they should, though. It's damn good pizza.

And I would like to personally invite @Dexter and the boys out for pizza while they're in town. Ya know, if they need someone to show them the best spots or anything.

It sure is. Anyone who says differently has never been to Pequod's. : )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Money said:

Any discussion on west coast dates/venues in Canada? Do they plan on doing a few dates outside of Vancouver in the west coast?